1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How good are our training facilities?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by The Who, Aug 21, 2014.

1. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,841 / 103
    With its leafy setting on the banks of Narrabeen Lakes our training complex looks good in photos and on TV. I'm just wondering how professional it is compared to other clubs.
    I'd imagine that Canberra has the best, being able to use the AIS training facilities, along with the Storm who are able to use facilities established for Colingwood AFL. I've read that the Dogs invested a heap in their Belmore facilities.
    Anybody with knowledge of this?

2. Peter C

Peter C Well-Known Member

Sydney
    Ratings:
    +742 / 16
    The mangy Dogs invested very little of their own money, the facility was built using government funds.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,649 / 74
    Manly's Narrabeen complex is seriously good. It has a few ovals and access to the NSW Institute of Sport pool and other facilities. The offices are demountable type buildings, but functional. It was used by the Waratahs as their base prior to manly taking over. I'd say it is far better than being based at Brookie full-time, and would be in the top 5 set-ups in the NRL.

• Like Like x 1
  4. castle eagle

castle eagle Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

newcastle
    Ratings:
    +653 / 6
    and poker machine revenue.

5. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
  6. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,801 / 122
    It's a great spot for team BBQs.