How F%$ing Hard is it

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Seriously How F%$ing Hard is it to sit in a box have free food and drinks watching a monitor to give a ruling to the ****ing blind mice on the field, anyone with any sense of reason and honesty could do their job, I may be a bit biased but the Matai incident I could tell it was obstruction from the 1st replay, Hamster had about 5 looks and still got it wrong, today on the Bsb they said the other angle showed it clearly but Ch 9 did not give that replay to the Video ref, More conspiracy
2 weeks before Harrigoon got it wrong and I put it down to simply cheating

how do we know that these blokes are not tipping to wives or mates on certain teams getting up, sending them to a TAB and betting say $100 on certain results for collects of $500, not a bad little earner every week if you think about it

thats my rant

If you want a conspiracy theory did you notice that when Manly took the kick at goal to make it 14-0 Phil Gould said that would give them an 8 point lead at the break.  Sterlo went out of his way to mention that the lead would be 14 not 8 shortly after Phil said that.

I reckon they are calling the game from the tape, not live.

CLIT COMMANDER link said:
If you want a conspiracy theory did you notice that when Manly took the kick at goal to make it 14-0 Phil Gould said that would give them an 8 point lead at the break.  Sterlo went out of his way to mention that the lead would be 14 not 8 shortly after Phil said that.

I reckon they are calling the game from the tape, not live.

Those dirty pieces of ****. Why hasn't anything been mentioned about that slip up?

What about the clanger in the rorters/donkeys game that folau "scored"?They showed 3 or 4 angles that AT BEST would be BOTD to the donkeys.After they kicked the conversion,there,all of a sudden,was a view showing folau had clearly lost the ball in the air while over the line.Why didn't the vid ref get that view earlier?

Berkeley Eagle

100% right.

I'm convinced there is anti-Manly sentiment among referees, and that it is leading to cheating.

It's not coincidence. Think Rnd 2 vs Parra as well.

NYEagle

Add to that the "square up" situation that exists for sides that are running behind at half time, it's why we seem to have so many bad performances in the second half....the 50/50 calls....and the penalties favour whomever we are in front of at the 40 minute mark.

Add to that injuries and suspensions and it's a wonder we have any ****ing chance at all!!

Perhaps we could recruit the refs from WWE .
They are better actors , and the game is becoming as staged as the wrestling anyway

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Add to that the \"square up\" situation that exists for sides that are running behind at half time, it's why we seem to have so many bad performances in the second half....the 50/50 calls....and the penalties favour whomever we are in front of at the 40 minute mark.

Add to that injuries and suspensions and it's a wonder we have any f**king chance at all!!

That's spot on Mark.

The NRL don't want 40-nil scorelines they want close games for the TV ratings............so, we get the 1/2 time square ups. Ref's bring the other side back into the game, a penalty here, no penalty there, a bit of momentum and it's a totaly different game in the second half. How many time have we seen it this year ?
This is happening to all teams not just us.

We've been the best team all year in the first half.

Is it Channel Nine trying to run the game?

In the last 2 years I have started to follow AFL as it is on TV Friday, Saturday (2 games) and Sunday. So much AFL to watch couldn't help getting caught up in it. Starting to really enjoy it.

If Channel Nine keep persisiting in the Broncos and St George on TV their supporters will be all they have. I don't watch the league on TV unless Manly is playing. I hate the Bronco's and St George so why bother.

Leaugue is slowly dying and AFL will be the number 1 sport if not already.

Oh give me a break, in 10 years Channel 9 will be nowhere and all this "sporting rights" garbage won't mean a thing.

Everything will be directly streamed from the internet and you will be able to watch whatever game you want live, or whenever you want to watch it.

You only watch league if Manly is playing? Well I record all 8 games every weekend on IQ, and generally watch the non-manly games on x2. I know plenty of people that do this.

And league is not dying and AFL already is the #1 winter sport.

Mybludog link said:
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=184999.msg289618#msg289618 date=1283377367]
Add to that the \"square up\" situation that exists for sides that are running behind at half time, it's why we seem to have so many bad performances in the second half....the 50/50 calls....and the penalties favour whomever we are in front of at the 40 minute mark.

Add to that injuries and suspensions and it's a wonder we have any f**king chance at all!!

That's spot on Mark.

The NRL don't want 40-nil scorelines they want close games for the TV ratings............so, we get the 1/2 time square ups. Ref's bring the other side back into the game, a penalty here, no penalty there, a bit of momentum and it's a totaly different game in the second half. How many time have we seen it this year ?
This is happening to all teams not just us.

We've been the best team all year in the first half.
[/quote]

Yes this has been a major trend this season, but I would say other factors are at play (rule changes, extra ref), not some sort of conspiracy that has been suggested.

WAMF link said:
The sooner ch9 are gone from our game, the sooner the game can begin to flourish.

The sooner they are gone from ALL sports the better. Their cricket coverage and commentators are abysmal.

If Manly weren't in the competition I wouldn't support rugby league at all. I just don't have any liking or respect for any other club, so why would I watch it? I guess that growing up and being bagged out for being a Manly supporter has made me bitter...

And then I would start promoting the crap out of AFL in the Western Sydney school district that I teach at. I would make sure that rugby league died at the school I was at as I am the only one willing to coach it!

The only reason I have Foxtel is for the NRL.
My old man is the same and I am pretty certain other people would be the same. Gallop should be using this information next time TV rights are negotiated. If Foxtel didn't have the NRL games I would unsubscribe tomorrow.

I don't know that the refs are out to get us, I think we have just been very unlucky. That said I think the refs are being told to keep games tight. I wonder how many times the team leading at the break has lost the game this year, I would suggest more often then not.

King link said:
My old man is the same and I am pretty certain other people would be the same. Gallop should be using this information next time TV rights are negotiated. If Foxtel didn't have the NRL games I would unsubscribe tomorrow.

I keep Austar's base package on(so the kid has disney channel),but cut the fuxsports channels as soon as Manly played their last Mon night game.They are free to air now,so,no fuxsports til next season.If some of that stuff went to free to air digital,it would be bye bye Austar!!

ayjay007 link said:
[quote author=King link=topic=184999.msg289734#msg289734 date=1283402831]

I keep Austar's base package on(so the kid has disney channel),but cut the fuxsports channels as soon as Manly played their last Mon night game.They are free to air now,so,no fuxsports til next season.If some of that stuff went to free to air digital,it would be bye bye Austar!!
[/quote]

That's not a bad idea. I might cut our package back until the NRL starts up again next year.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7