How disappointing

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Disappointing yes, but we only lost by 2. Its not like we were flogged - the game could've gone either way. I haven't forgotten our outstanding defense in the Storm game and others recently, though Killer's goalkicking isn't helping our cause. All's not lost yet.

mickqld said:
Technical Coach said:
A few big name players are ineffective at the moment and have been for a few years flying under the radar from most observers due to a reasonable win loss record.

The data has been available for years the issues have been around for years just the wrong interpretation of data, not looking at the data in the right ways and the inability to coach bad habits out since the Hasler years.

Gift,Kite who else ?
Not including Kite, actually Kite has been on the improve in some respects over the last year or so.

No point naming names during the season but a fair chunk of our salary cap.(Three for starters not limited to)

Seems referees prejudged Manly on their 10m & decided to go on a witch hunt in this match.

Manly coach Geoff Toovey told NZ Radio Sport that his side struggled to stop the Warriors without the flow of possession due to conceding a number of penalties.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-06-09/interview-geoff-toovey/4742754

Haven't seen it, but Lyon said post-game we dropped the ball too much and are our own worst enemies at the moment. Was this right? another instance of mentally switching off around 20 - 60 mins period?

Brissie Kid said:
Seems referees prejudged Manly on their 10m & decided to go on a witch hunt in this match.

Manly coach Geoff Toovey told NZ Radio Sport that his side struggled to stop the Warriors without the flow of possession due to conceding a number of penalties.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-06-09/interview-geoff-toovey/4742754

Tooves intimated that Brett is still a month away during this interview .

When Brett is playing he looks about 70% and now he's gone for another month, two months whatever. Does anyone has the stats of how much he has actually played in past few years? Him out is killing us.

Just found it: Not too bad but probably 2 years and little play makes it seem worse.
2009: 5 2010: 1 2011: 20 2012: 21

47 games in 4 years isn't great but maybe not as bad as it seems. Less than 12 games still is poor as an average compared to Slater:

Billy: 2009: 26 2010: 22 2011: 24 2012: 21 so 93 games (average 23) so no wonder Storm do so well with their fullback always playing.

Full year from Snake in 2008, Record breaking Premiership

Full year from Snake in 2011, win 24 from 29 and win the comp

Shows the class of the man, last year at the prelim stage again when he plays the majority

So after Manly vs Canberra both coaches complained their opponents were inside the 10m all night.

Today Manly got targeted for inside the 10m & penalised at least 4 times giving the Warriors a piggy back upfield. Warriors were not pinged at all for it except on their own try line in first twenty minutes of the game.

Jase just texted me and said "He's happy to loan us a brother or three as our two never seem to play anymore." He reckons he's seen a picture of Brett recently cooking at a Manly BBQ and wants to know if he is the most expensive chef/player on the northern beaches. :dodgy:

Those Wabbits better choke in September because he's giving it out already (June) :mad:

I love it how one year makes them so sure of themselves. There is a long way to go and we haven't hit top form yet.

Let them lead all year, the pressure will only mount as each week goes by.
We aren't out of it yet, we are taking some time to adjust to the loss of King, Joe and Ritchie I'd say.

Darren said:
Jase just texted me and said "He's happy to loan us a brother or three as our two never seem to play anymore." He reckons he's seen a picture of Brett recently cooking at a Manly BBQ and wants to know if he is the most expensive chef/player on the northern beaches. :dodgy:

Those Wabbits better choke in September because he's giving it out already (June) :mad:

Nice one Dazza. You'll average out Snake's appearances after very serious injuries and hold Billy the Kid up as his yardstick. He was seriously injured in those years FFS, and might I add after making brave tackles which is more than can be said for the kid.

Stuff Jase and his two-headed mates. Last time the Wabbits put on a BBQ it was in Watership Down. As the butcher's sign said "Enjoyed the book, loved the movie, then enjoy the meal. Wabbit on special this week!.

Just highlighting how Billy has been consistently on the field and how it helps the Storm. Brett would have somewhere won us today (losing by 2) It would have been a run or defensive call. His absence this year is a concern as there are others teams stronger compared to previous years.

I say play Gift up the middle and use Horo and T Red wide. These guys can run onto gaps from DCE and Foran. The other teams have worked out the Gift/Lyon combo. Also we lack scoring scoring potential as a result of not spreading the ball unless we are inside the oppositions 20metre line. We showed in the last 10mins today how we can penetrate by spreading the ball wide. We are not tiring teams out by holding the ball in the centre of the ruck and running one out until we find ourselves in a teams 20metre line.

Could Glenn become a Gallen type player?? He is struggling in the attack and maybe put on a few kilos like Gallen and go prop? His defence is excellent as well.

The Taylor and Hurrell tries were really soft . Horo/Lawrence couldn't stop Taylor (just outmuscled) and Taufua, Horo and Kite missed Hurrell (poor efforts with fatigue a factor) . Horo also swallowed an Ennis dummy earlier this year to concede a try. Horo had an excellent game in attack and has been a good buy but I hope he doesn't make a habit of missing tackles close to the tryline.

Horo was the one who missed Hurrell. You can't blame Kite.
Apart from that, Horo had a great match.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7