How disappointing

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Poola

Reserve Grader
Is it just me or are we confused with our game plan. Before Gift we seemed to play more straight and through the middle. We now seem to be crabbing more. Also players like TRed and Ferris seem lost once on the park. These guys especially TRed looked more certain in our first 5 rounds. Anyway 12 rounds still to go.
Go manly!!!!

I think we need to change the role gifty plays

Unlock the gameday thread ya tossers :p

before I report ya!

Last edited by a moderator:
Our right side attack used to be lethal, now its predicatable, sides are playing up and in and reading our attack, I think that maybe Gifty has to be more central and let DCE take charge of attack on that side. We are so missing Brett injecting himself into the back line.

We are really struggling to score points. We have only scored over 20 points once in the last 6 games and that is a big worry. Our go forward is not great and its affecting our halves.

There is a long way to go this season but there are some concerns moving forward.

This Friday night the team have to lift against the dirty dogs!!

Jatz Crackers said:
Id like to see 2V make the call to start TRed & have Gift come off the bench for the time being.

I'd like to see Ligi Sao be given a shot. We need someone to run hard straight and enthusiastic. Kite was average, Rose trys but he's just not fit enough. Horo was the only forward who looked like making a break.

mickqld said:
Jatz Crackers said:
Id like to see 2V make the call to start TRed & have Gift come off the bench for the time being.

I'd like to see Ligi Sao be given a shot. We need someone to run hard straight and enthusiastic. Kite was average, Rose trys but he's just not fit enough. Horo was the only forward who looked like making a break.

Lawrence used to run forward.....

So did symonds.......

dotdotdot.....

mickqld said:
Jatz Crackers said:

Judge Roses fitness on his play, not his shape

He did everything you ask of an interchange forward, 11 runs for 97m is great go forward. Think he has only missed 1 tackle this season, if he had no fitness he'd be dropping of them all the time

We tailor our attack to suit the opposition weaknesses. Obviously today Tooves felt their RHS was the weakest, hence the use of our LHS. The few weeks prior we have been targeting other sides LH edge.

Gifty has improved with some match fitness, and I didn't think he was that bad today. Watmough will always outrun Gift because he plays middle third and his job is to tuck it under a wing and leg drive.

Stewart isn't setting the world on fire, but is defending very well

1 thing that we have learnt since coming back is he has taken Tony Williams role on here lol

People will yell about the attack, and Lyons miss from the sideline, and Wolfman not getting the ball down etc

None of those were what disappointed me the most. The softness of the try through Lawrence and Horo was very poor, and Hurrell is hard to handle but I'd back 1 of those 4 players that missed him to hold up his momentum enough
And the other one that concerned me the most was after Wolf dropped the pill with a couple of mins to go we showed no urgency in setting the scrum, cost ourselves half a minute

mickqld said:
Jatz Crackers said:

You're not watching the game close enough mick

Rose was only behind choc in metres in the forwards and he bent the line in every run.
I thought they was Lawrence's worst game for us.

CAMBO said:
mickqld said:
Jatz Crackers said:

Rose was only behind choc in metres in the forwards and he bent the line in every run.

I would have had Horo up there as our best metre gainer today

Chip and Chase said:
CAMBO said:
mickqld said:
Jatz Crackers said:

I would have had Horo up there as our best metre gainer today

Sorry I double checked
Horo 121
Choc 112
George 102

Hiku 195
Jorge 165

Disappointing
Kitey 92
Lawrence 82

Gee Bruher looked good with the ball

A few big name players are ineffective at the moment and have been for a few years flying under the radar from most observers due to a reasonable win loss record.

The data has been available for years the issues have been around for years just the wrong interpretation of data, not looking at the data in the right ways and the inability to coach bad habits out since the Hasler years.

Technical Coach said:
A few big name players are ineffective at the moment and have been for a few years flying under the radar from most observers due to a reasonable win loss record.

The data has been available for years the issues have been around for years just the wrong interpretation of data, not looking at the data in the right ways and the inability to coach bad habits out since the Hasler years.

Gift,Kite who else ?

I thought Kite played well but that Lawrence was down on his his standards. Lyon was also quiet, but they can't star every match.
The Worriers played well. They will beat plenty of teams if they maintain that standard. The pleasing thing about being a Manly supporter is that when we lose it is only by the barest of margins. We could have/should have won every match we've lost this season. There is not many sides that are always in every match right up to the final whistle.

The Warriors are now 4/5 at Mt Smart this season, no easy win there, the 1 they lost they were tipping Souths over until the final 5 mins

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4