1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How disappointing

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Poola, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Poola

Poola Active Member

Ratings:
    +135 / 8
    Is it just me or are we confused with our game plan. Before Gift we seemed to play more straight and through the middle. We now seem to be crabbing more. Also players like TRed and Ferris seem lost once on the park. These guys especially TRed looked more certain in our first 5 rounds. Anyway 12 rounds still to go.
    Go manly!!!!

2. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,469 / 74
    I think we need to change the role gifty plays

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,246 / 7
    Id like to see 2V make the call to start TRed & have Gift come off the bench for the time being.

• Like Like x 4
  4. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,800 / 58
    Unlock the gameday thread ya tossers :p

before I report ya!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2015
  5. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    I thougt Ferris had his best impact this year.

• Like Like x 1
  6. sheridanstand78

sheridanstand78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,308 / 51
    Our right side attack used to be lethal, now its predicatable, sides are playing up and in and reading our attack, I think that maybe Gifty has to be more central and let DCE take charge of attack on that side. We are so missing Brett injecting himself into the back line.

We are really struggling to score points. We have only scored over 20 points once in the last 6 games and that is a big worry. Our go forward is not great and its affecting our halves.

There is a long way to go this season but there are some concerns moving forward.

This Friday night the team have to lift against the dirty dogs!!

7. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,755 / 57
    I'd like to see Ligi Sao be given a shot. We need someone to run hard straight and enthusiastic. Kite was average, Rose trys but he's just not fit enough. Horo was the only forward who looked like making a break.

8. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,800 / 58
    Lawrence used to run forward.....

So did symonds.......

dotdotdot.....

9. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Judge Roses fitness on his play, not his shape

He did everything you ask of an interchange forward, 11 runs for 97m is great go forward. Think he has only missed 1 tackle this season, if he had no fitness he'd be dropping of them all the time

• Like Like x 3
  10. torana355

torana355 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 27
    Our attack is 5th last in the comp, its embarrassing really.

• Like Like x 1
  11. SwornEagle

SwornEagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +181 / 3
    Gift has run for 328 meters this season, compare that to Watmough's 431, in the last 3 games.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    We tailor our attack to suit the opposition weaknesses. Obviously today Tooves felt their RHS was the weakest, hence the use of our LHS. The few weeks prior we have been targeting other sides LH edge.

Gifty has improved with some match fitness, and I didn't think he was that bad today. Watmough will always outrun Gift because he plays middle third and his job is to tuck it under a wing and leg drive.

13. Kiwi Eagle

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Stewart isn't setting the world on fire, but is defending very well

1 thing that we have learnt since coming back is he has taken Tony Williams role on here lol

People will yell about the attack, and Lyons miss from the sideline, and Wolfman not getting the ball down etc

None of those were what disappointed me the most. The softness of the try through Lawrence and Horo was very poor, and Hurrell is hard to handle but I'd back 1 of those 4 players that missed him to hold up his momentum enough
    And the other one that concerned me the most was after Wolf dropped the pill with a couple of mins to go we showed no urgency in setting the scrum, cost ourselves half a minute

• Like Like x 1
  14. CAMBO

CAMBO New Member

Ratings:
    +363 / 0
    You're not watching the game close enough mick

Rose was only behind choc in metres in the forwards and he bent the line in every run.
    I thought they was Lawrence's worst game for us.

15. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    I would have had Horo up there as our best metre gainer today

16. CAMBO

CAMBO New Member

Ratings:
    +363 / 0
    Sorry I double checked
    Horo 121
    Choc 112
    George 102

Hiku 195
    Jorge 165

Disappointing
    Kitey 92
    Lawrence 82

Gee Bruher looked good with the ball

• Like Like x 1
  17. Technical Coach

Technical Coach Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +863 / 45
    A few big name players are ineffective at the moment and have been for a few years flying under the radar from most observers due to a reasonable win loss record.

The data has been available for years the issues have been around for years just the wrong interpretation of data, not looking at the data in the right ways and the inability to coach bad habits out since the Hasler years.

• Like Like x 1
  18. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,755 / 57
    Gift,Kite who else ?

19. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,846 / 103
    I thought Kite played well but that Lawrence was down on his his standards. Lyon was also quiet, but they can't star every match.
    The Worriers played well. They will beat plenty of teams if they maintain that standard. The pleasing thing about being a Manly supporter is that when we lose it is only by the barest of margins. We could have/should have won every match we've lost this season. There is not many sides that are always in every match right up to the final whistle.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Kiwi Eagle

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    The Warriors are now 4/5 at Mt Smart this season, no easy win there, the 1 they lost they were tipping Souths over until the final 5 mins