HOW COULD DES DO THIS?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

zebo26

I had been hoping in my heart that he would have stayed with Manly and this was just rumourmongering, forlorn hope I know but at least I had hope up until now. How could Des do this to us?

zebo26 said:
I had been hoping in my heart that he would have stayed with Manly and this was just rumourmongering, forlorn hope I know but at least I had hope up until now. How could Des do this to us?

I'm pissed off with the lot of them but I'm starting to get more pissed at Des. I have to work with many people I don't get on with yet I have to suck it up to put bread on the table yet this guy spits the dummy and turns his nose up at between 750 thou to 1 mill because he doesn't get on with some people. Does he think he is going to get on with everyone at the dogs? Thanks for the 2 premierships as a coach and the great service as a player but I think your decision is piss weak and could do unforeseen damage to a club you say you love

Why didn't DES take the upgraded money from the sea eagles and then hire sorbs as an assistant or welfare officer to the players would have solved 2 problems. My clear thoughts are that DES either saw this as an oportunity to get troves into a coaching position of a successful club and with his future also very well looked after, or his relationshipnwith the board had deteriorated to horrible proportions. My biggest concern is that all of the players are rumored to nit like the current board, imagine what this will do to player contract negotiations and team morale now.

I hate to think how this will affect (a) our players as mentioned previously - contracts are going to be a nightmare if their loyalties are all to Des as it seems to be not to mention morale (b) sponsorship is going to be a nightmare - no one wants to jump on a sinking ship and until we have stability again that is what we are (c) memberships - all the people who may have jumped on the GF bandwagon may rethink and that is not we need at this point either.

I am pissed as I am sure Des would have been aware of all the implications to the Club his defection would have caused - I have to work with people I can't stand on a daily basis and guess what? I deal with it. It's been said before but these Clubs exist because of the fans and I can tell you now - it sucks to be a Manly fan at the moment. Today is like a huge kick in the face from someone I really admired (Des) and who I thought was a great example of all the things I love about the Manly Club and it's strong traditions of loyalty and staunch supporters and it's stick-together-ness. To go from Sundays high to todays low in just 6 days is DEVASTATING.

He has the right to leave - its disappointing and all that but life goes on. I hold no great animosity there. Its obvious he is annoyed with the power structure of the club and he wants to make a point. Thats his right...and he has certainly just made his feelings clear.

But if PLAYERS start following him and he starts "looting" players I for one will be personally filthy on him. Thats the line which coaches often cross when shifting clubs. Officials like Crusher etc is to be expected...but if our youngsters start leaving to the Dogs .....hmmmm. I hope that doesnt happen. Would sour a great association in my book. Only ealy days yet though.

Unfortunately loyalty from Club, coaches and players is not a two-way street.

This 2011 finals season alone, my wife and I have well spent upwards of $1500 on tickets, travel, accommodation and merchandise. So much so that we made a conscious decision to leave the (14 year old) kids behind in Canberra.

I would hate to think how much we've spent spent together over the last six years alone on memberships, merchandise, travel etc to follow Manly.

And of course I'm only one of many thousands of supporters feeling a sense of betrayal from the administration, Hasler, Peters or indeed any players/staff who decide they can't work without Des and follow him across. And who allow their own interests to get in the way of a sense of obligation to the Manly-Warringah club,the district it represents and the supporters who pledge their loyalty to the Club each and every year.

I posted before GF that des was most likely going to Bulldogs..it was 10th hand and I did not fully believe it.

I get the feeling (without facts of course) the negoitations with Manly this week was about getting a better contract. He appears to get what he asked for and then did not take it up. It appears he has an issue with the management. So why stay another year.

Manly should deal with Bulldogs for early release .. for 3 reasons.. the money, to get a fresh start now and limit player discontent.

They then should appoint Toovs.. along with "harmony" guys like Beaver.. retain Crusher and as many of the other back staff we do not see but must have a great influence.

Use the funds to reward those quality players that are there now and coming on.

Drawing a line in the sand and look forward in a new direction!!

Phantar said:
Unfortunately loyalty from Club, coaches and players is not a two-way street.

This 2011 finals season alone, my wife and I have well spent upwards of $1500 on tickets, travel, accommodation and merchandise. So much so that we made a conscious decision to leave the (14 year old) kids behind in Canberra.

I would hate to think how much we've spent spent together over the last six years alone on memberships, merchandise, travel etc to follow Manly.

And of course I'm only one of many thousands of supporters feeling a sense of betrayal from the administration, Hasler, Peters or indeed any players/staff who decide they can't work without Des and follow him across. And who allow their own interests to get in the way of a sense of obligation to the Manly-Warringah club,the district it represents and the supporters who pledge their loyalty to the Club each and every year.
Completely agree with everything you have said. Could have hit the 'like' button but agreed too strongly :p My 14 yo daughter has just heard and is completely gutted!

I don't blame Des. I blame the faceless men who did not support him when his focus was on building a great team.

It is a miracle with won this year with all the crap going on and it is going to take time to clean it up. I can see why he will be happy to walk away from it all and move on.

The strange thing for me in Des going to the Dogs is that the boardroom situation there isn't actually much better than here. There is infighting, rebel tickets, disgruntled former players etc. It won't be much easier over there.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6