How confident are we?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
[quote author=Matabele]
[quote author=Ryan]

Manly (unfortunately) cannot win. Don't waste your hard earned Backer.

Would you care for a little side wager on that?

[/quote]

Sold. $20-?
[/quote]

How about $20 x their current odds?

[quote author=Garts]
[quote author=Ryan]

Manly (unfortunately) cannot win.

Why?
[/quote]

Fuwiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......plop.......tap...tap...tap....

Nothing... :sleep:
[/quote]

Good reason to completely write us of without a hope of winning. 8| It was a genuine question.

Newcastle beat the Dogs, Panthers beat the Dogs and we have every chance of beating them. It will be a tough test but it is foolish to write us off, I can only assume you are taking this view in order not to get your hopes up and be disappointed if we lose.

I think we are a very good chance of winning close to 50/50 imo, probably more 60/40 in favour of the Dogs as we miss Orfords attacking abilities, especially close to the line as was highlighted last weekend when we have many sets on the Warriors line with no points to show for it.

Aha.....the old 'fishing" excuse when cornered routine eh !!!!!

Thats the third time ive fallen for that this week.

Max 86

Aha.....the old 'fishing\" excuse when cornered routine eh !!!!!

Thats the third time ive fallen for that this week.

Max 86

No Jatz...I was saying Garts was fishing to get ME to bite. I hope that this clarifies what I meant. :drunk:

[quote author=Ryan]
[quote author=Matabele]
[quote author=Ryan]

Manly (unfortunately) cannot win. Don't waste your hard earned Backer.

Would you care for a little side wager on that?

[/quote]

Sold. $20-?
[/quote]

How about $20 x their current odds?

[/quote]

Mata - $20 even - I'm not a person who likes to gamble, therefore this is as far as I would go.

[quote author=Ryan]
[quote author=Garts]
[quote author=Ryan]

Manly (unfortunately) cannot win.

Why?
[/quote]

Fuwiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......plop.......tap...tap...tap....

Nothing... :sleep:
[/quote]

Good reason to completely write us of without a hope of winning. 8| It was a genuine question.

Newcastle beat the Dogs, Panthers beat the Dogs and we have every chance of beating them. It will be a tough test but it is foolish to write us off, I can only assume you are taking this view in order not to get your hopes up and be disappointed if we lose.

I think we are a very good chance of winning close to 50/50 imo, probably more 60/40 in favour of the Dogs as we miss Orfords attacking abilities, especially close to the line as was highlighted last weekend when we have many sets on the Warriors line with no points to show for it.

[/quote]

We ALL know my thoughts on why they will beat us Garts. I get bagged enough for saying their forwards are the benchmark of the competition (it was quite amusing reading this morning that Des says EXACTLY the same thing as me about this), without me having to repeat it - and open another pandora's box of snide remarks and comments toward me.

If Des suggests the same as me, maybe he ALSO wants to "sleep with them" as some put it, or want them in our team as some suggest.

:roll:

Garts - 50/50, or even 60/40 - :lol:

I said we are almost a 50/50 chance but not quite so I will go 60/40. Dont understand that Ryan? being a banker I didnt think it would be a problem for you.

So you are saying because they are the benchmark we have no chance, well I disagree as its been proven this season they can be beaten.

$20 you're on Ryan. Though $20 means a lot more to me than it does you.

Ryan, the Bulldogs pack are the benchmark on reputation only.

I think people are slow to realise that across the park the Bulldogs have lost a lot of their aura.

The Bulldogs lost both first round matches badly. They were terrible. They then sneak a win against a Titans team that played better football for the entire game. An obstruction not called threw the balance in their favor.

They then turn up against souths and pump them using the method that everybody who knows anything about league can tell you. Their halves are ****, pressure them and they go nowhere.

These things won't happen to us and our defense will keep them below 12 points provided we don't give Elmasri too many free shots.

Garts - I understand what you meant. Just disagreed with your odds.
Why are you always looking at a way to dig at me mate?

Garts - I understand what you meant. Just disagreed with your odds.
Why are you always looking at a way to dig at me mate?

My first post honestly was not a dig, I was seriously asking the question why you thought we can not win this Saturday. Nothing personal at all, I was only being a smart arse back with my last comment because you were to me, I didnt take offence at your smart arse comment either.

Besides I didnt think I have had a dig at you in while.

God i hope we do beat the dogs. Otherwise I feel a Ryan depressive episode coming on.

Not depressive Jatz...just in your face type episode...for all the "Oh you love the Bulldogs forwards" posters 8)
I wonder how many of you will be men enough to say, Ok Ryan, you were right about their forwards, we actually have a ways to go to be a top 2 side".

I dont think I have seen anyone actually disagree with you on the fact that the bulldogs forwards are the benchmark, if they believe ours are better they are simple.

I know I wont need to be saying you were right about their forwards as I agree but if we can contain them I still think we can win the game.

Just because they got a decent forward pack doesn't mean they'll win!!

We'll win by 10 and it will be great and we'll all hold hands and sing songs together. :)

Nutz - I hope so mate.
Garts - I say they are better, because I want our CURRENT crop to lift to the same level. It's not trying to be negative or anything.

I'd love to be able to know we can devestate another team in the forwards.

[quote author=Jatz Crackers]
God i hope we do beat the dogs. Otherwise I feel a Ryan depressive episode coming on.

Not depressive Jatz...just in your face type episode...for all the "Oh you love the Bulldogs forwards" posters 8)
I wonder how many of you will be men enough to say, Ok Ryan, you were right about their forwards, we actually have a ways to go to be a top 2 side".
[/quote]

Nah....most people accepted that the dogs have good forwards. They only took issue with your continual love affair with them and inclusion in many YARTS.

But that's just it Jatz...let's make OUR CURRENT (and I believe this can happen with the right coaching) JUST as dominant...and THAT'S what I've been saying all along.

FINALLY - I hope people can understand (that's not directed at you either Jatz).

even if we lose ryan our forwards have won 2 of the last 3 clashes against the dogs and that included asotasi and myles.

Penriff smashed the dogs up front - surely they are now the benchmark pack?

As I said it before we beat the worriers; if our pack hold theirs, and I haven't seen any evidence to say they wont, then we win. Our halves are marginally better and our fitness will prevail. We have superior defensive qualities in our back three and Lyon and Bell will deliver. Mason is a problem but he has mistakes in his game which will be to our benefit. They are under pressure to win, which is another problem for them. SBW, if hit early and hard goes missing. Eagles by 10.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6