How come we never play golden point?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
When was our last golden point game? Souths in 2010? Hodkinson FG?

Some teams are always at it, yet we either seem to win or lose in regulation time.

Guess this is a good thing considering the percentages and the form of the teams who are regular golden pointers but some field goal shoot out practice might not be a bad idea coming into the pointy end of things.

34 points in the first half works too!

It's either, we're too good or very poor against the lesser teams, who run away with it.

Teams like Saints and Sharks always play close grinding games where they would rather take the 2 penalty points rather than atempt to score tries.

I'm glad. I'd hate to lose in golden point. I don't like the way it has just become a fieldgoalathon. That's not why the original intent was.
It must be changed next season. I'm happy for draws, but obviously in finals then there has to be a winner. I favour playing a full 10 minutes (5 each way) regardless of an early field goal. It gives a team a chance to still win, or at least take the game into a double overtime.
Imagine losing a grand final on a golden point field goal?

Brookvale said:
It's either, we're too good or very poor against the lesser teams, who run away with it.

Teams like Saints and Sharks always play close grinding games where they would rather take the 2 penalty points rather than atempt to score tries.

Yep we are normally either too good or too bad in regulation time!
From memory the closest we have come to going into Golden Point extra time recently was DCEs conversion miss right at the death against Souffs last year at Bluetongue.

When was the last time the Eagles were beaten on the siren. We always seem to get up in that last minute. 3 games that come to mind are when we bear the sharks last year with the Oldfield try after full time, Parra game at Brooky last year when Foran scored in the last minute, and the Broncos game this year.

If they persist with golden point, then each team should get a point at the end of 80 minutes and the winner in gp get the extra one. I don't mind draws.

Yeah I hate the Golden point too, was watching the sharks and roosters on the tele last night thinking thank god we haven't been through this much, a shonky field goal bouncing over and you're done.

Big fan of five each way then play GP in semis but a draw is good for regular season games.

I have mentioned here before that Golden point sucks if you are watching the Channel Nine Sunday game. You know they aren't going to run into the news so when you see some swift editing in a close game you tend to know what's coming.

Fox on the other hand loves it.

I remember watching the Warriors beat us early in 09 and was thinking as (Denan Kemp?) lined up the sideline conversion, miss, miss, miss...f#%k he can't it's thirty seconds to the channel nine news I know he gets it.

That is how nine treat their fans.

Manly don't mess about like the others.
Its a mental thing,we are either relentless or disinterested.

Bring back the draws,as the 13 FG attempts in the NYC 2008 GF was horrendeous:(

DSM5 said:
If they persist with golden point, then each team should get a point at the end of 80 minutes and the winner in gp get the extra one. I don't mind draws.

No. You can't give a team two points when they weren't good enough in 80 minutes to win.
A team can win by 50 points and they only get two points.
Just bring back draws.

Yeah I liked the idea at first but now its just a field goal fest.
Maybe they should have golden try first try in extended time wins.
Or just bring back the old draw if two teams can't be decided in the 80min a point each is a fair deal I reckon.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4