How can I help?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Revilo85

Hi guys,

I tossed up whether to buy a membership this year, and decided against it as I did not want the free ticket to the match, nor the membership gear.

I did note however, that someone was in the same boat as me and wanted to make a donation, and receive no supporter gear etc. But as far as I remember this is not possible?

[Side-note: Does the maroon membership count as a full member when the NRL and the clubs do the member drive?]

I do however understand the importance of MWSE increasing their membership numbers.

Is there an option to become a member (which counts in the member drive) but receive absolutely no benefits, and choose the amount I can pay, say with a minimum of $50 bucks (as the maroon package is $65).

This way the club gains a minimum of $50, does not lose any free tickets, supporter gear etc, and I gain membership.

Vid is probably the best person to answer this one. Certainly for what future options may become available.

The problem with 'membership' is that the NRL is looking to have, and count, only ticketed memberships. At the moment we are getting away with fulfilling that obligation by including the one game packages which includes the out-of-towners.

So yes, the Maroon membership (which includes a game ticket - first home game) and the International/NZ membership (which includes the Warriors game ticket rd 24) are included in the membership numbers.

I doubt the club has a problem with providing the membership cap, which always has the year on it, as it is a promotional tool. The more people wearing them the more others will contemplate joining. I certainly wear mine for the whole year.

Oliver

Firstly welcome aboard, good to have you with us.

Secondly, I am 99.9% sure the answer is no, the Maroon Membership (2010) is currently the most basic membership option, and there really isnt a "donation" membership you can chose.

You could (and should) be a member of the Football Club, that's $25.00 per annum, so the minimum currently would be Maroon (at $69.00) and FC at $25.00

Both Vidmar and myelf have been involved in memberships in the past few years, Vid representing the ticketed members from Sydney and me representing the away members in my role as operator of the MWTS trips. The club has sought (and recieved) input from both of us.

My understanding is we'll be involved again this year as well.

One of the changes (we hope) is that there will be once again an option to pay the FC membership at the same time as the SE membership, as we are (at the end of the day) all working for the same "team".

ManlyBacker link said:
Vid is probably the best person to answer this one. Certainly for what future options may become available.

The problem with 'membership' is that the NRL is looking to have, and count, only ticketed memberships. At the moment we are getting away with fulfilling that obligation by including the one game packages which includes the out-of-towners.

So yes, the Maroon membership (which includes a game ticket - first home game) and the International/NZ membership (which includes the Warriors game ticket rd 24) are included in the membership numbers.

I doubt the club has a problem with providing the membership cap, which always has the year on it, as it is a promotional tool. The more people wearing them the more others will contemplate joining. I certainly wear mine for the whole year.

Further to that, I believe that if you contact the club, you can forgo getting the cap, lanyard and stickers so that you don't have to pay postage and handling (about $10 or $11 earlier this year but may have increased from 01 JUL) on top of the cost of the Maroon Membership but I think that you would still get your membership card mailed to you unless you can pick it up from the club yourself.

Membership is better as it helps in  the NRL's eyes

What I want to arrange for next season is a pool or a donation of some sort for tickets. If you have a membership and a ticket to a game but can't make it to a game, you donate it to the pool and we either use them as prizes for the site or give to people in need. Or something like give them to Stewart House.

Thoughts?

Dan link said:
Membership is better as it helps in  the NRL's eyes

What I want to arrange for next season is a pool or a donation of some sort for tickets. If you have a membership and a ticket to a game but can't make it to a game, you donate it to the pool and we either use them as prizes for the site or give to people in need. Or something like give them to Stewart House.

Thoughts?

Dan, I don't think that this option is available for the 1st home game that comes with Maroon Membership as the ticket itself is your membership card as far as I'm aware.

The membership card is also the ticket (bar coded pass) so may be difficult to co-ordinate swapping tickets etc but think the idea has merit and happy to help where I can.

The 2011 membership plans are well underway and I'm due to meet with the club in the not too distant to get involved so maybe see what the plans are and then see if Dan's idea can be worked in to the new offerings?

I have been to four home games but haven't used my six game pass as yet. I would be willing to give this pass to a person that needs it more than I do...

wtf.gif

Sponsor a child in a poor country fool.

Thanks for the information guys.

I have heard rumours that the club's finances so would like to contribute.

I will contact the club tomorrow regarding membership for this year without the goodies and I have e-mailed Vidmar about football club membership.

Can anyone explain what the football club is and why we need to be members of that to?

Thanks.

Brett - if I want top give fifty bucks to a cause I do it. I don't pontificate about it on a forum.

Just do it - you dont want the ticket there are plenty of needy kids who do.

Stand outside the ground & give it to any family with kids going in.

Jerry1 link said:
Brett - if I want top give fifty bucks to a cause I do it. I don't pontificate about it on a forum.

Another moronic post from the top dog
How good isnt Hodko?

Shane link said:
[quote author=Jerry1 link=topic=184189.msg277085#msg277085 date=1279710582]

Another moronic post from the top dog
How good isnt Hodko?
[/quote]
I've never bagged him - Don't rate him too highly but aint the worst player in the team.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6