How boring is the off season

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Frogz

Bencher
Premium Member
How long to go to Round 1....I don't think I can take much more of this nothing to watch...

Nor even a weekly League show on fox...You think Matty Johns and Ikin could do a show once a week keeping us informed....

Im watching golf for gods sake....HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Frogz said:
How long to go to Round 1....I don't think I can take much more of this nothing to watch...

Nor even a weekly League show on fox...You think Matty Johns and Ikin could do a show once a week keeping us informed....

Im watching golf for gods sake....HELP!!!!!!!!!!
couldnt agree more Frogz,its painful

Yeah agreed.

This time of the year i get really excited about v8 supercars cause its the only sport to look forward until the cricket starts.

V8 Supercars are dieing a slow death, needs more innovation and smaller cars.

They rode the wave of Boganism with the Ford vs Holden days that i knew would not last as Australians became a more rounded culture, at least they are bringing in more manufacturers now.

The cars are just too big not innovative enough and don't reflect what most people purchase in this day and age.

Love F1 even if Redbull dominates due to the technical innovation, tyre management and tactics.

TC...V8's are at an all time high.....F1's...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

I'm now even cooking a baked dinner

I'm watching Home and Away catchup with the Mrs....it's absolutely riveting.

Looking forward to becoming independently wealthy on Tuesday though.....Go Simenon you good thing!

I have just watched Aaron Groom carve up the aussies. Cant believe we let him go and signed DCE.

The NRL should have a summer 9s competition that tours from 1st Nov & ends with the finals & grand final on Aust Day.

Each NRL club should be in it, but have an entirely separate playing group, contracts & salary cap etc.

In other words, Manly plays all summer, but with a completely new playing roster for the summer 9s, and not using any of the NRL roster players.

The 9s teams should be funded by the NRL dividing up the tv money & sponsorship for the 9s series.

The indoor stadiums in Melbourne & Dunedin would be two places that should definitely be venues.

Frogz said:
TC...V8's are at an all time high.....F1's...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

I'm now even cooking a baked dinner

I agree this year in relation to Vettel dominating but F1 keeps trying to change/innovate and the technology is more likely to filter down to the masses which keeps it interesting.

New engines next year, turbo and in the last few year DRS,(not really a fan of DRS though) KRS introduced and improved on next year also.

Faster tyre wear to help even up the competition but prevents race drivers from driving at the limit and showing their skills which is a negative but it also helps with designs that reduce tyre wear.

So many technical aspects to appreciate beyond the drivers and the end result.

Things start to move back into footy mode after Xmas. I can't get into the world cup. On TV during odd hours and unable to tape on foster.

The Andrew Webster thread has 44 comments. That's how boring the off season is.

The WC is a non event.

I've taken to watching the A-League. I don't mind soccer, but it's nothing on watching Manly.

Roll on March.

niccipops said:
The Andrew Webster thread has 44 comments. That's how boring the off season is.

The off season is the only reason why I haven't bothered moving that thread to the General Discussion forum. There isn't much else being discussed in the Rugby League forum :rolleyes:

If all the mods knew there was a thread that could justifiably be moved or merged we would have fought over it.

Jethro got there first.

Damn !

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8