How bad a loss was that?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The worst thing about tonight is that for the third time this year at Brooky we have been getting touched up early in the game by 18-0 through stupid penalties and dropped ball exactly the same as the Bunnies and Dogs games. Teams score at will now in the first set of six in our half "repeatedly". How bad is that for the loyal fans who spent their money on tickets, this squad is not capable of competing with the likes of the top sides we struggled to beat the Knights and need a new half back to lead us out of the gloom. So reminds me of the Northern Eagles days.

We played worse last week and won. There was a couple of rough calls by the ref. But at the same time we just are not disciplined enough. As an observer, the team really look to be going backwards in that department. Godinet, Williame, Wright all did well. It's time Walker got left right out.

Walker is disjointed, and Lussick is slow. The rest were fine tonight.
The defense of this team is wayyy better than last year. The attack will come with cattle on the park and more than 40 minutes of training time a week.
NYEagle

Walker is disjointed, and Lussick is slow. The rest were fine tonight.
The defense of this team is wayyy better than last year. The attack will come with cattle on the park and more than 40 minutes of training time a week.
NYEagle

Yes, but why are we only doing 40 minutes of training a week? I know the five-day turnarounds are tough but it seems like we've just thrown our hands in the air and said, "Stuff it, it's too hard. Let's write these games off and hope we do better later." Surely the players can manage more than one training session, especially when all the evidence seems to suggest we need the practice.
It's been a long time since this team has accepted defeat - especially at Brookvale - before the ball has even been kicked off, but it feels like that's exactly what we did last night. I don't care how good the Cowboys are, how many injuries we're carrying and how tough our schedule has been. It's simply not good enough in a "results driven" business.

Last edited:
No stewart. Api. Turbo. Jorge. A winger on debut another new number 6 .all things considering and as much as i hate f...... losing , im ok at the moment. Throw in the 5 day turnarounds and its been all against us really. The effort is there just need some troops back and a few things to fall our way . Quick turnarounds are done and dusted .

Where were the six Cowboy tries scored? Through our backs.
I can see the problem. Finding a solution when there is no quality backs is the problem.
But Hiku and Gutherson both played in winning teams this round.
Even Chee Kam got a win.

It was a match we were never in. It was our third straight loss at home. We gave up over 30 points, not for the first time.
So it was bad.
But how bad?
Given the circumstances - disrupted preparation with injuries and short turnarounds, and playing a bloody good side with their confidence very high - my opinion hasn't changed. Our team is a fair way off but the attitude is there and the will to fight, and there is still such a lot of improvement in them.
If we can get Snake, Tom T, Jorge, Api, and Buhrer (did I miss anyone) back on field, without losing 6 others, and get the same team playing a few weeks in row, we aren't out of this yet.
For now though, Cows too good.

I agree but it's just annoying to lose. Especially when you look at the potential. Must be frustrating for the team as well.

Following the nhl...it's only ever a couple of days between games...and there's 82 of them in a season. This 5-11 day stuff for only 26 rounds is getting hard to take!!!

Go Manly!

Attacking direction is built on that middle third.... Not tonight, or tomorrow ...get back to winning that area, then maybe considering winning on the scoreboard....
Been watching Manly play for 55 years and I never realised that RL was won by the middle third. I guess I should play computer games more.

I agree but it's just annoying to lose. Especially when you look at the potential. Must be frustrating for the team as well.

Following the nhl...it's only ever a couple of days between games...and there's 82 of them in a season. This 5-11 day stuff for only 26 rounds is getting hard to take!!!

Go Manly!
NHL Players wear protective gear and are not subject to the physical trauma of 80 minutes of contact.:cool:

Sitting on the sidelines and just hearing the impact, hurts. Truly amazed that the Players can breathe, let alone take another hit.:eek:

The next stage of our Season starts today.
No more short turnaround till at least Round 21.
Lets give the boys a chance to forge into a coherent force.:wait:

We are doing ok considering the new combinations and the challenge in developing them with all the injuries and five day turnarounds. Good news over the last few weeks in how Vave and AFB are coming through. Very promising and I believe we have a much improved set of forwards over last year and are in a good place for the years to come. Also with the addition of Wright we have a good depth player in the backs.

So if we can get our injured players back on the field and develop our combinations we should do OK. We are in the midst of a huge rebuild and it could be very much worse.

Been watching Manly play for 55 years and I never realised that RL was won by the middle third. I guess I should play computer games more.
Watching 55 years without playing 1 game could be the problem.
There's also a thing called a volume button, they even had back in 1950 that you turn up, allowing you to hear players & coaches say the same thing.....win the middle - win the game.

The defending premiers were at full strength as they have been all year, so no surprise they are at the top. In fact I think you will find all the top 4 teams have been at full strength most of the year. For those that don't think injuries play a critical role in the cohesion of a footy team have their heads stuck in the sand. Throw in a corrupt scheduling and I think we are doing pretty well considering.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2