How and Why???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hayne couldn't cut it at 5/8 in club football, so he is no hope at Origin level. Hayne has some skills but he struggles to play percentages and to play "smart". He might win you a game with some freakish individual play, but he isn't going to pilot the ship. Leave him on the wing.

Yeh but we don't need him to pilot the ship. That's the half backs job (or traditionally at least). In years gone by a 5/8 was a bit more creative and off the cuff. A halfback like Pearce or Wallace is good at that, steering the team around. And then a player like Hayne can slip in and out of the game as he reads it.

A fullback these days plays so much like an old time 5/8 anyway (although with less defensive duties I grant you).

The answer to the number 6 or 7 problem is Luke Brooks. Not in a year or two. NOW! He is tough, smart and very confident. He is willing to verbal the opposition and can back himself up. I think he would handle SOO with ease. If you can't see him as a SOO player, then congratulations, you are as blind as the blokes that pick your SOO sides. Partner him with Pearce if there is no one better, and give him a 6 jersey. And, get some of the Tigers forwards in the pack. Young aggressive and used to Brooks, which will add to his comfort levels (not that I think he'd need it). The future for NSW is Brooks. The future must start somewhere, start it here and now.

Joey Johns has also been talking up Mullen.

Unless Maloney comes good in the next month, I'm inclined to agree the best of the bad bunch is Pearce at 7, put Hayne at 5/8 to utilise his flair and Dugan at FB.

I don't mind Mullen at 7.
If Carney doesn't lift his game over the next few weeks Mullen at 7 hayne at 6 & Dugan at 1 works.

Killer03 said:
Joey Johns has been pushing the Hayne wagon
ALinda said:
Joey Johns has also been talking up Mullen
And there's still a couple of weeks for Joey to talk up some others.
Mullen is clearly not fit. Carney is playing poorly from the bits I've seen.
They'll stay with Pearce/Maloney and then try Hodkinson/J Reynolds after we lose game 1.

Carney is playing on one leg. He's clearly playing injured at the moment. Can't pick him for SOO, he'd go down in a screaming heap 5min into game 1.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6