1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horo & Foran

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Napper, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Napper

Napper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +797 / 1
    First of all, yes I'm back, yes I missed the joint, no I won't swear, no I won't join the tipping comp, yes I will pay to become a premium member.

-----

I feel Foz's game is suffering because of Horo. He does his job on the left edge, but he is pretty easily contained by defences, which seems to make it much harder for Foz to sell him as a ball runner to the opposition. As useless as Trex was, he was big and hard to take down 1 on 1, therefore, sucking in an extra defender or two which created space for someone on Forans inside, Matai or (insert winger) to make a line break

Thoughts?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Clint

Clint . Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,654 / 14
    Welcome back napper

3. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Stevie doesn't seem to be suffering. Leading try scorer. Foz must be doing something right.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lord Eagleton

Lord Eagleton Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +835 / 24
    I posted a couple of days ago that i felt Horo was maybe not our strongest option at 12. I hadnt thought of what you suggested, but there is some truth to it probably. Its not a critical thing, but one which adds to the 'cons' of having Horo in the run on team at 12.

5. the mauler

the mauler Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,653 / 25
    I agree. Horo has been very ordinary this year. If only Chee Kam could get himself fit and firing.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Mal Cochrane

Mal Cochrane I'm not really Mal Cochrane...

Ratings:
    +434 / 4
    I agree and started a 'is Horo our best option' thread some weeks ago. No x factor, doesn't really make up for it by doing a lot of the teams hard yards stuff, misreads in defence.

I am not saying he shouldn't be in the 17, just need to find a better way to use him.

7. Napper

Napper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +797 / 1
    Notice his tries have been from solo efforts. I don't think foran is playing below par, just feel he could be alot more effective with a backrower that's harder to contain.

8. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,401 / 130
    Are you sure you are you????

Grab your nuts and twist them tight if you scream its you.

9. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    Horro is running different lines to last year, it looks like timing is out but he is running straight and losing the late direction change

10. bennyeagle

bennyeagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +266 / 8
    Last year he was the messiah, this year he's the devils advocate! Sort it out horo! Us pros are watching !!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. RiverEagle

RiverEagle New Member

Ratings:
    +1,055 / 0
    Yeah it's starting to be a concern isn't it?
    Something of the 2nd yr ( with us at least ) syndrome for Horo.
    You cannot say it's from lack of effort. He tries his back-side off for us out there. Just his timing and reads in D where he's just a second behind and it shows. And too often, his handling betrays him ( We '' allow '' Choc this foible but can't afford to make it a pair).

I'm not sure of the solution just yet, but sincerely hope Hoz turns it around real soon.You can tell it means a lot to him, and I sense he's well liked in the group.