Horo and Rose

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm sure the club would have always wanted to keep George, but he was more than likely going to be a victim of salary cap constraints. That being said, you can tell he loves the place and its good to see things might work out in the end. That being said, I wonder if something has changed in terms of Jason King and his long term future?

Clint said:
The Prince of Brookvale said:
Rose does a great job of bending the line. Whilst his performances in NSW cup have left a lot to be desired, he has been great since he has been back in 1st grade

Welcome Prince of Brookie!

Lol thanks mate. I used to be Twin Smith but I've forgotten my log in. Great to be back mate. New name, in honour of Manly's greatest ever fullback :)

Clint said:
Rose does a great job of bending the line. Whilst his performances in NSW cup have left a lot to be desired, he has been great since he has been back in 1st grade

Lol thanks mate. I used to be Twin Smith but I've forgotten my log in. Great to be back mate. New name, in honour of Manly's greatest ever fullback :)

Nice - Well, welcome back again then Smithy. :)

MissKate said:
mozgrame said:
I'd like to keep George on the same money he's on now. When it comes to George, I don't think we need to cut the fat in any way, shape or form. George is worth his weight in gold. That's not what he's paid....so we're getting a very good deal!

Excellent news on Horo too!!!

Wow, that the salary cap gone on one player. On the current price of gold that works out to be about a $5m contract. You would see loads of players porking up if they contracts like that

Uuummm.....yeah that's right :rolleyes:

Apart from his on-field abilities, George is a great marketing asset for the club. So too is the Wolfman. When evaluating their salaries both players should also be judged for how many extra fans they attract to games and help sell Manly merchandise - plus the joy they give us with their quirky antics.

The Who said:
Apart from his on-field abilities, George is a great marketing asset for the club. So too is the Wolfman. When evaluating their salaries both players should also be judged for how many extra fans they attract to games and help sell Manly merchandise - plus the joy they give us with their quirky antics.

Absolutely Who. My young bloke doesn't know every player in the squad, but he certainly knows, "Wolfie", "Georgie Rose" and Brett Stewart. Oh and "Kid" of course.

The Who said:

Doesn't that 'marketing' value need to be subsidized with 'marketing' gigs. Players like bungi and beau-knows-nothing are deemed marketable players but I am sure a chunk of their salaries are made up by tv stations and news papers as third party sponsors. If George and Wolfie are relying on that to keep them at the club surely their managers should be out finding those opportunities to bump up their salaries

Clint said:
The Who said:

Absolutely Who. My young bloke doesn't know every player in the squad, but he certainly knows, "Wolfie", "Georgie Rose" and Brett Stewart. Oh and "Kid" of course.

Spot on, was in the leagues club and there was this little girl there, probably 4 or so, and she was wearing her Manly jersey with 5 on the back and all she wanted was to meet the Wolfman. Not sure if she got too because I didn't see him come in but her face lit up every time 1 of the other players stopped to sign her jersey and have photos with her. Hopefully she gets to see the Wolf one day :)

Wolfie is also negotiating for an extension, so I hope we can keep all three :angel:

Love to get a transcript of what goes on in that Wolfman head. :huh:
Up in TSV when he came back at halftime, he seemed to enact some medieval stuff, much to the amusement of Petal :D
Last week, after Buhrer's try, he sees himself on the big screen and treats it as a mirror by buffing up his locks :p

Funny man even fully dressed :heart:

There was a little girl in Perth who had his jersey on but became shy when her Mum asked for a photo. But Wolfie got down on one knee,threw open his arms and she just ran to him and the Mum got the happiest photos- it made us all smile :angel:

Kiwi Eagle said:
Clint said:
The Who said:

Spot on, was in the leagues club and there was this little girl there, probably 4 or so, and she was wearing her Manly jersey with 5 on the back and all she wanted was to meet the Wolfman. Not sure if she got too because I didn't see him come in but her face lit up every time 1 of the other players stopped to sign her jersey and have photos with her. Hopefully she gets to see the Wolf one day :)

Wolfie was definitely at the club after the game on Sunday. He only made it about four or five metres in the door when he was mobbed. In fact, he was in the foyer near the entrance for at least an hour signing autographs, posing for photos and chatting with fans. At no stage did it look like he was getting tired of it.

bones said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Clint said:
The Who said:

Wolfie was definitely at the club after the game on Sunday. He only made it about four or five metres in the door when he was mobbed. In fact, he was in the foyer near the entrance for at least an hour signing autographs, posing for photos and chatting with fans. At no stage did it look like he was getting tired of it.

Awesome, I hope she got to meet her hero ! I must have just missed him, was waiting in the bit by the stage for a while but had to shoot off just after they did the speeches up on stage and didn't notice him when I was leaving so he might have just nipped upstairs

He is a truly great clubman and I hope we can find a way to keep him around, I was shocked when looking up the ages of the side a while back that he is only 26, still a lot of good footy left in him

Quirky guys like gorgeous George and Wolfie are a part of the heart and soul of this great club, and IMHO, the nature of these guys is an intrinsic part of why Manly is such a great club.

Horo is one of those wonderful work horses that blossom on the northern beaches into highly sought after players.... He's been fantastic all year and most definately a keeper :)

[/quote]

Absolutely brilliant comments. And no surprise at all. I've met a couple of the players, and without exception they have been brilliant and especially how they treat the kids and talk to them and spend that time with them. There was a thread a while back on why we are Manly fans, looking back, this is why.

Clint said:

For a minute I thought we had a bright new poster, turns out it’s just a poster with a bad memory. Hey, maybe your twin could guess your old log-in? :)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6