1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hoppa's Son Stars for Australia

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Canteen Worker, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    Maybe the signing was a very good one!!!

Hoppa's son boosts schoolboys win
    AAP

Australia's dominance of international rugby league continued with the Australian Schoolboys thrashing England 68-6 in Townsville on Saturday night.

William Hopoate, son of former NRL bad boy John Hopoate, scored a hat-trick in the 12-tries-to-one victory.

A first-half scoring blitz set up the win as Australia ran in seven tries, the most spectacular a 90-metre break by livewire fullback Neena Simpson, for a 40-6 halftime lead.

Palm Beach Currumbin five-eighth Jordan Rankin was a standout for the Australian side, scoring two tries and booting ten goals for a personal haul of 26 points.

England returned a more committed outfit in defence in the second half but Australia ran away with the match in the last 15 minutes with three more tries.

English prop Ben Davies was the only player to cross for the visitors in the sixth minute.

2. Nutzcraw

Nutzcraw Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Who's Jordan Rankin with??

3. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,761 / 72
    Gold Coast I believe

4. eagle_predator

eagle_predator Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well done to the Aussies, and good on William Hopoate who scored 3 tries awesome news.

5. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Was just watching a sports show over here on Maori TV and John and William were both interviewed by Tawera Nikau

Nikau spoke very very highly of William, and i was very impressed from what i heard from him and also Tyran Smith who seems to have the right ideas in regards to the work ethic required

We are onto a winner here

6. eagle_predator

eagle_predator Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0