1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hoppa was a passenger

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by The Who, Aug 13, 2011.

1. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,839 / 103
    He was injured mid-way through the first half and I'm surprised he was not replaced immediately.
    Would have put Glen to five-eight and moved Foran to the centres with Matai on the wing, and brought Buhrer into lock.
    Any thoughts why Des left Hoppa on when he was incapicated?

2. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    Who knows but the coaching staff have the knowledge on how the injury is, I don't.

3. Phantar

Phantar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0
    Because he doesn't trust the Tony Maru out on the wing. Even on one leg, Hoppa is more agile than the Pasha Tony Bulker....

• Like Like x 1
  4. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,404 / 130
    We had 5 or 6 players playing injured tonight.

Its time to rest these guys, we cant finish worse than 3rd even if we lose all our games.

Next week I'd be happy to see no Lyon, no Robbo, no Hoppa, no Matai, no Rose, no TRex etc

5. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    You'd just put T-Rex on the wing instead of shuffling everyone around.

6. AshfieldBazza

AshfieldBazza Active Member

Ratings:
    +57 / 0
    Was surprised Parra didn't direct alot more play his way myself, he did nothing after trying to come off and i was surprised he didn't come off earlier. Hopefully Wolfman is back next week to take over

• Like Like x 1
  7. mr seagles

mr seagles New Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    I hope hoppa is out for the next 3 seasons he is a liability at the moment would rather robbo and wolfman sorry to say.......

8. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,111 / 287
    In my opinion, apart from The Roosters game, Hopoate has been terrible since his injury. I'd rather Wolfman, and hope he's in next week. At least we get aggression, passion, energy and compete.

Even my wife made the call - "Half pace Hoppa".

9. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,744 / 57
    DCE, Galuvao, Kite, Lussick, Rose and Buhrer are the only guys who look like they aren't playing with injuries.

10. COMMANDER

COMMANDER IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL 2016 Tipping Competitor

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,740 / 81
    He hasn't been terrible but he's not what he was before he did the hammy.

11. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +507 / 20
    too right, did you forget Hoppa at start of year?? brilliant!! He hasn't looked right since coming back, sometimes I struggle why we bring unfit players back early or take extra time, he has been a passenger and isn't helping the cause.

12. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    How can you say we brought him back too early when it was a fresh injury ?

13. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    Cos Darren has 15 degrees to tell him so ke

14. Budgewoi Eagle

Budgewoi Eagle In for the long haul. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,015 / 52
    702 commentary suggested Hoppa injury not bad but many young blokes think they're more injured than they actually are. Need experience to know big injury from scary pain.

15. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    How would they know?

I wonder if Hoppa has played his last game for us til 2014?

16. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +507 / 20
    I mean he hasn't been anywhere near his best, no more bullocking runs and exceptional play. If you think he has been 100% since coming back than watch some replays from early season. Rookie picked in origin was a wonderful achievement.

Cam, it was only 3!! Haven't got that much time lol

17. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,111 / 287
    Yup, Hoppa lumbering around the field. Poor defensive reads. Poor missed tackles. Poor kick returns. He's getting that mono look players get (no emotion, robot type thing).

Des, bring back Wolfman, aka, some passion back into the team.

18. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    The thing I found most concerning is that immediately following the run where the "injury" occurred, he stuck his hand up and made straight for the sideline, just assuming it was a given that he would be replaced. Toughen up Princess, if you can jog to the sideline to take yourself off, you can certainly get back into position and show some ticker and tough it out until the medical staff deem you injured enough to come off. Very soft performance in my book, not a lot of commitment shown there.

19. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    i think we have miss wolfman. he had really hit some form prior the the last injury.

Give hoppa a game in in the 20s or NSW cup to get some confidence back cos we will need him in september

20. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +507 / 20
    agree cam, wolfie offers some great kick returns that really put us on the front foot.