Hoppa was a passenger

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
He was injured mid-way through the first half and I'm surprised he was not replaced immediately.
Would have put Glen to five-eight and moved Foran to the centres with Matai on the wing, and brought Buhrer into lock.
Any thoughts why Des left Hoppa on when he was incapicated?

We had 5 or 6 players playing injured tonight.

Its time to rest these guys, we cant finish worse than 3rd even if we lose all our games.

Next week I'd be happy to see no Lyon, no Robbo, no Hoppa, no Matai, no Rose, no TRex etc

You'd just put T-Rex on the wing instead of shuffling everyone around.

Was surprised Parra didn't direct alot more play his way myself, he did nothing after trying to come off and i was surprised he didn't come off earlier. Hopefully Wolfman is back next week to take over

AshfieldBazza said:
Was surprised Parra didn't direct alot more play his way myself, he did nothing after trying to come off and i was surprised he didn't come off earlier. Hopefully Wolfman is back next week to take over

I hope hoppa is out for the next 3 seasons he is a liability at the moment would rather robbo and wolfman sorry to say.......

In my opinion, apart from The Roosters game, Hopoate has been terrible since his injury. I'd rather Wolfman, and hope he's in next week. At least we get aggression, passion, energy and compete.

Even my wife made the call - "Half pace Hoppa".

DCE, Galuvao, Kite, Lussick, Rose and Buhrer are the only guys who look like they aren't playing with injuries.

Ryan said:
In my opinion, apart from The Roosters game, Hopoate has been terrible since his injury. I'd rather Wolfman, and hope he's in next week. At least we get aggression, passion, energy and compete.

Even my wife made the call - "Half pace Hoppa".

He hasn't been terrible but he's not what he was before he did the hammy.

too right, did you forget Hoppa at start of year?? brilliant!! He hasn't looked right since coming back, sometimes I struggle why we bring unfit players back early or take extra time, he has been a passenger and isn't helping the cause.

702 commentary suggested Hoppa injury not bad but many young blokes think they're more injured than they actually are. Need experience to know big injury from scary pain.

hordernnewt said:
702 commentary suggested Hoppa injury not bad but many young blokes think they're more injured than they actually are. Need experience to know big injury from scary pain.

How would they know?

I wonder if Hoppa has played his last game for us til 2014?

I mean he hasn't been anywhere near his best, no more bullocking runs and exceptional play. If you think he has been 100% since coming back than watch some replays from early season. Rookie picked in origin was a wonderful achievement.

Cam, it was only 3!! Haven't got that much time lol

Yup, Hoppa lumbering around the field. Poor defensive reads. Poor missed tackles. Poor kick returns. He's getting that mono look players get (no emotion, robot type thing).

Des, bring back Wolfman, aka, some passion back into the team.

The thing I found most concerning is that immediately following the run where the "injury" occurred, he stuck his hand up and made straight for the sideline, just assuming it was a given that he would be replaced. Toughen up Princess, if you can jog to the sideline to take yourself off, you can certainly get back into position and show some ticker and tough it out until the medical staff deem you injured enough to come off. Very soft performance in my book, not a lot of commitment shown there.

i think we have miss wolfman. he had really hit some form prior the the last injury.

Give hoppa a game in in the 20s or NSW cup to get some confidence back cos we will need him in september

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8