Hoppa - Merged Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Hoppa to Parra!!!

Parra can sign whoever they want, but theyl never win a comp. U need a good culture which theyl never ever have. Bunch of maggots, fancy offering hoppa snr a coaching job. Lol that's fukn hilarious and I rekon that would've been the clincher for signing Will.
Atleast Hoppa won a comp with us cauz hel never win one at parra.

Moves like this will backfire for Parra. Sandow,Hayne, Tonga and Hoppa take up 3/4's of their salary cap. The eels won't be able to retain any decent young forwards and can watch other clubs pick off their best jrs to ensure they stay near the bottom of the comp and deny their fans a premiership for another 35 yrs.

even if he has gone over good on him but two years out of the game is a long time if not training, just look at players who have finished two years on overweight and not as fit , manly has a habit of finding new talent so no worries leave it up to des to keep going the way he has , if we can not afford them let them go, breaking the salary cap is far worse than retaining players we cannot afford as melbourne found out. thanks for the memories young hoppa
GO YOU GOOD THINGS MANLY FOREVER 2011 PREMIERS

Darwin Eel said:
Jerry1 said:
You need to bring up your own players. Buying a bunch of mercenaries won't help you. Look at the bulldogs. On paper a top 4 side but no pride, structure or sense of loyalty and brotherhood.

Good luck to you - you will need it.
Also, I wasn't here to start an arguement. Just to share what I knew about the details of the signing. I was very diplomatic and polite with what I said. We are all footy fans, no point getting upset at Parra for making a better deal. s**t happens.

I call BS. You are here to ruffle our winning feathers and because you have nothing to celebrate other than paying overs for players. What you going to do for the next 2 seasons? I will enjoy watching them fight out for the wooden spoon.

Is this a fact or just another unconfirmed media report? Obviously we can't match $500,000 and good as Hoppa is to be honest I'd rather keep Des. Can't really blame him for taking the big bucks if true but if he wants another premiership he's not going to get it at the Eels.

dowdz said:
wizball1973 said:
Bit gutted that he spoke about wanting to return to Manly. What a prat.

Hopefully DCE and Foran carve him a new one in 2014.

Quote from Will:

Hopoate admitted it would be hard to walk away from the club and the game after tasting premiership success and State of Origin selection in his first year.

But the 19-year-old intends returning to the club that gave him his start.

"It's going to be hard (to leave). I love these boys; they are like my brothers," he said.

"That's the plan (to come back to Manly). The feeling of winning and coming away with a premiership is something I'd like to do again."
I agree,that pisses me off more when they say stuff like that,if you know your going,good luck to you but dont say stuff like that,not good for a christian saying stuff like that,especially when he is about to go on a religious mission for 2 years

Good luck to him....also try not to be so defensive when another team's supporter comes on here

There was nothing wrong with his posts - he was anything but a troll

wizball1973 said:

He may want to, just like I want to stay at my current job - but they won't give me the $ I can earn elsewhere. Let's stop the character assasination people. Good luck to him, getting this coin after 2 years off, well why not! It will set up his family for life.

Good luck to Hoppa, if true it was a deal he could not turn down, we can't let that worry us too much after all, WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have now read the Herald report which says the same thing so it is a done deal.

What saddens me is that it appears that Manly did not have the last option on his services and this was done without our knowledge.

I would have thought that loyalty to a club that signed one as a 15 year old would have been at least giving the club a chance to match the offer. It also may be that he did, though that is not included in the story.

If it means we keep DCE, Foran on extended contracts and re-sign Buhrer, T-rex, Rose and co and Dessie aswell I'd be happy.

It's a dangerous practice reading too much off newspaper reports about what went on or didn't behind the scenes.
Love to see him come back to Manly after his break, but if he's signed up with the eels, that's the way it is. the players have a short time to make their dough. You'd have to be in that position before you could feel justified in condemning someone whose 19 and about to sacrifice 2 yrs of income for taking a big contract offer.

He's something special and I'd bet he'll make it back to his best, but it will take him a while to get back in the swing of things. Maybe the eels will see him back to that and we'll pick him up again ready to rock.

Right now, he's a sea eagle who did a fair bit to win us a comp this year. You little bewdy!

If it is true that Hoppa has signed with Parra, then good luck to him.

But at the end of the day, he may have won the only premiership ring he is ever going to win.

Remember the Hypenator and Hodgkinson -- both took the money and ended up playing with losers.

We cant pay over the top for everyone. So if we did not match Parra's price, then fine. We have a playing roster to consider.

steve

stvsmith said:
If it is true that Hoppa has signed with Parra, then good luck to him.

But at the end of the day, he may have won the only premiership ring he is ever going to win.

Remember the Hypenator and Hodgkinson -- both took the money and ended up playing with losers.

We cant pay over the top for everyone. So if we did not match Parra's price, then fine. We have a playing roster to consider.

steve

Hyphen lost a gf, so he came alot closer that hodkinson

Its a shame but im not devastated.

2 years out of the game is a long time and 500k is ridiculous.

It could take him half a season to get back into the swing of things if he ever gets back to where he is.

Personally i think he probably will come back and do well but as other have said i would rather use the 500k to secure Cherry-Evans, Foran, Lussick, Buhrer and T-Rex

Personally if i had my way (and i know it wouldnt be in the ball park) but i would have signed him for a 2 year deal from 2014 on 150k with tonnes of bonuses for Appearences and Rep games etc which would give him the opportunity to earn 300k a year

voicefromthehill said:
wizball1973 said:

He may want to, just like I want to stay at my current job - but they won't give me the $ I can earn elsewhere. Let's stop the character assasination people. Good luck to him, getting this coin after 2 years off, well why not! It will set up his family for life.
first of all yea I agree,good luck to him for want ing to set up his family for life,noone begrudges him that,and making some coin for himself,no way but what pisses supporters off is when the night they win the GF when the player comes out and says stuff like " Hopoate admitted it would be hard to walk away from the club and the game after tasting premiership success and State of Origin selection in his first year.

But the 19-year-old intends returning to the club that gave him his start.

"It's going to be hard (to leave). I love these boys; they are like my brothers," he said."...... when he already know,s he is going ,its that sort of stuff that hurts supporter,s,look at Hodgkinson last year,he said something similar and what,dont you think that is going to upset some of the player,s as well when he say,s that sort of thing ,your kidding yourselve if you do,take that stuff away,good luck to him

Disco said:
Its a shame but im not devastated.

2 years out of the game is a long time and 500k is ridiculous.

It could take him half a season to get back into the swing of things if he ever gets back to where he is.

Personally i think he probably will come back and do well but as other have said i would rather use the 500k to secure Cherry-Evans, Foran, Lussick, Buhrer and T-Rex

Personally if i had my way (and i know it wouldnt be in the ball park) but i would have signed him for a 2 year deal from 2014 on 150k with tonnes of bonuses for Appearences and Rep games etc which would give him the opportunity to earn 300k a year
I agree,its a shame but Crusher will find someone else

Yep they have signed Vescio as well. Played in our 20's this year, Australian schoolboys hooker. They also signed Joey Lussick earlier in the season who was the captain and halfback of our Harold Matts.
OneEyedEagle said:
They mention the slime also signed Luke Vescio from our under 16's side which I believe to be BS also.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6