1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hoppa - Benefit of The Doubt

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by bob dylan, May 27, 2011.

1. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,402 / 130
    Can anyone shed any light on what the doubt was.

And dont even start me on Ben Cummins.

2. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,100 / 287
    I thought the refs were again terrible tonight, and we got Chechinned a few times.

3. nodd

nodd Well-Known Member

hiding from the kids
    Ratings:
    +105 / 5
    What was the scrum penalty for?

4. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,100 / 287
    to give the Broncos a chance to score.

5. chris_niko

chris_niko Active Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0
    haha, shocker call. i was actually waiting for it to come in as a no try. the way the refs have been the last few seasons, it seems as soon as a team starts to pull away and pile on the point the refs start penalising them and giving them harsh calls.

6. lloydy

lloydy Active Member

Ratings:
    +86 / 0
    Ben Cummins is a little #$%.

7. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,100 / 287
    Aaaah, what about The Matai penalty when he apparently ran someone off the ball !! LoL

Chechiiiiiiiiiined !!

8. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,763 / 72
    yeah they did their best get to keeo the Broncos in the game, I think we only got 2 penalities for the game

9. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,338 / 60
    That penalty against Matai, who only had eyes for the ball, and did nothing illegal, was diabolical. And it directly followed Wallace looking only at the Manly chaser, and deliberately stepping in front of him at the last second to bring him down on a Manly kick at the other end - no penalty! What the ...?

The referees should be dropped for those clangers alone. And the video ref should be dropped for somehow manufacturing a doubt in his mind on the Hoppa try. And the Foran scrum feed? And then there was the "knock on" to Snake when he didn't even come close to touching the ball. Should have been a penalty to Manly. Incompetence reigns supreme in Harrigan territory.

Thankfully Manly took it well out of the referees' hands tonight.

10. TokyoEagle

TokyoEagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 4
    I think it was some of those refereeing blunders that fired up the guys for the 2nd half.

11. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    I thought Cockchin was the worse ref in the NRL by the length of the straight, but Cumstain is doing his best to run him down. Some woeful refereeing last night

12. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    I did a slow-mo on the Foran feed infringement and it was inside the front row's feet. I've let most of the decisions slide this year but last night the performance was totally incompetent. Absolute shocker.

13. Phantar

Phantar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0
    Apparently one of the refs apologised for the decision to ping Matai during that Broncos bombing raid.

14. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    Their only doubt was wether they could get away with yet another stupendously stupid call.

15. chrisos

chrisos Active Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 19
    The doubt im guessing on the hoppa try was whether or not he had put a foot /leg into touch.

16. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    He did warn foran before the reset about putting the ball in with one hand and I think thats what he stung him for.

17. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    Because from one end to the other scrums are awash with technical precision. If thats the reason its unbelievable.

18. Brookvale

Brookvale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 1
    there was no BoD.

Was a top try that could have been decided after seeing 1 replay.