Hopoate getting cold feet about eels

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
darcy and hoppa were mad to leave. With patience both would have had 10 years more at manly with big $$ coming their way at the right time. William may even realistically have had a 15 year career at manly given he was only 18 in 2011 - going on his dad's longevity, and how well Manly manages the older players like Jamie and Joe (until his unlucky injury this year).

Darcy will be lucky to get a $75k contract elsewhere once his eels contract is up, his progress has been halted by his 2013 experience. He would have benefitted immensely from another year on manly's forward interchange rotation learning off kitey etc, and been ready to take on a bigger role in 2014 once kitey (Joe and george?) have gone. The $$ would have come his way next contract.

Silly boys.

Shoe1 said:
darcy and hoppa were mad to leave. With patience both would have had 10 years more at manly with big $$ coming their way at the right time. William may even realistically have had a 15 year career at manly given he was only 18 in 2011 - going on his dad's longevity, and how well Manly manages the older players like Jamie and Joe (until his unlucky injury this year).

Darcy will be lucky to get a $75k contract elsewhere once his eels contract is up, his progress has been halted by his 2013 experience. He would have benefitted immensely from another year on manly's forward interchange rotation learning off kitey etc, and been ready to take on a bigger role in 2014 once kitey (Joe and george?) have gone. The $$ would have come his way next contract.

Silly boys.
Not only that, but they both have probably missed a chance to play finals and rep football over the next few seasons

I'm sure I read somewhere, that in his contract was a get out clause, not tied to anything (ie Stuart not being coach etc), completely his call. Sounds like madness that any club would agree to such a clause, but with Parra nothing would surprise.

voicefromthehill said:
I was chatting to some guys that know Will. They told me he was doing his Mormon mission well before it was announced, they tell me he will be at the Dogs - I believe them
I remember when Hasler signed with the dogs,he came out later and said,if he knew Des was going to the dogs,he would of followed him

mosto said:
I'm sure I read somewhere, that in his contract was a get out clause, not tied to anything (ie Stuart not being coach etc), completely his call. Sounds like madness that any club would agree to such a clause, but with Parra nothing would surprise.

Why would you want to get out from a $800k a year contract. No one else will pay that much.

Surely the eels have some uggboots they could throw in to the deal to warm his feet

If it didn't bother Hopoate to sacrifice a few $ to play for a stronger club, you'd think he would have re-signed with Manly. There's no way the dogs could fit his $800k salary under their cap, so I reckon he'll go to the Eels.

Given Ben Barba's departure they would have some reasonable space in their cap one would think

I keep hearing Ricky Stuart will definitely be at the Canberra Raiders next year. The deal hasn’t been done yet but look for an announcement soon.

It won’t please Parramatta fans – Stuart leaving the club with a wooden spoon. But who could blame him for walking out given all the boardroom drama engulfing the hapless Eels?

And if Stuart goes, expect Will Hopoate to start looking at his options. I reported last month that Hopoate would definitely honour his Eels contract but that was before David Furner was sacked and the Raiders came knocking on Sticky’s door.

I can confirm Will has a get-out clause in his contract if Stuart isn’t coach and is more than likely to activate it – if a rival club can match his $850,000-a-year deal over two seasons.

“There’s no harm in looking around,” one source close to the Hopoate camp told me. “But he won’t take a cent less than what Parramatta’s paying.”

Read more: http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/if-stuart-goes-so-may-hopoate-10993/#ixzz2dv8xyGEA

Hmmm..

How does he have a get out clause based on Stuart when Stuart wasn't even the coach when he signed?

I hope will doesn't end up at the dogs... He is so much better than joining that pack of mercenaries.

The dogs are only offering his $600k a year which is well below Parra's deal.

He will be at Parra for the next two years as no other club is stupid enough top offer that to someone who hasn't played for two years.

He will then go to whoever offers him the most money after that. Hopefully Manly can table something for him.

Rambo1987 said:
Bulldogs will get rid of a couple of fringe players - just wait and see. Hoppa Jnr will be Barba's replacement.

Even Zorba's saying he is going to the Dogs on the radio today.

how would he know,oops sorry,I forgot he was the dogs media man

master blaster said:
Rambo1987 said:
Bulldogs will get rid of a couple of fringe players - just wait and see. Hoppa Jnr will be Barba's replacement.

He right behind Des these days.

Rambo1987 said:
master blaster said:
Rambo1987 said:

He right behind Des these days.

if thats the case,then he shouldnt be on the board of the club

Great player poor judgment, no loyalty his ol

d man has a very short memory that said in a manly jacket supporting jamil in 20s.
His asking price means he will never
feature here unless he takes a paycut given our roster.

Eagles2nv said:
Apparently will is second guessing heading to the eels for next season. Cant blame him for not wanting to join them.

But guess who they said was interested in him.... Yeap you guessed it, the Scumdogs.

Not really an upgrade in my opinion, but i guess anything is better than parra.

I think that seeing will in parra colours will suck, but dogs would have to be worse.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/hopoate-getting-cold-feet-about-eels-20130831-2sxg0.html

Why don't the Bulldogs just buy the Manly Footbal Club, they have tha cash and then they may have a winning team, providing they dont change colours, eblim etc lol.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7