Hope you're enjoying the extra cash Darcy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
I wonder if Darcy feels the money he was paid to become part of the league's laughing stock makes up for the loss of a potential premiership.
Had he stuck with his local team he'd be in our top 17 and our starting prop next season.
There are some things in this world that money can't buy.

Actually I don't think so, I spoke to him 2 years ago when he was weighing up all the offers. I got the impression he was, not too taken with the Manly culture and more interested in the money. There's a definite clique at Manly which most of the players are a part. I sort of sensed that he was either, not a part of it or just not the type of player to buy into the "one club" thing.

Having said that though... he comes from a Manly family and he lived on the beaches and loved the lifestyle, and to this day I'm still surprised he left. Hopefully he'll come back when his Parramatta deal is up, along with Will Hoppa.

Question time: In your employment:
1. You were offered triple what you were earn now what would you do?
2.Your job is only a contract for 8-10 years and not until retirement (60) what would you do?
3. You are in a job that can set you up for life by the end of 30-35, what would you do?
4. You would like to own a house with no mortgage in one of the richest cities in the world, what would you do?

Darren said:
2.Your job is only a contract for 8-10 years and not until retirement (60) what would you do?
3. You are in a job that can set you up for life by the end of 30-35, what would you do?
4. You would like to own a house with no mortgage in one of the richest cities in the world, what would you do?

If the extra money meant:
* stifling my career
* harming my body
* having to embarrass myself
* having to travel long distance to and from work
* never being part of a premiership

then I would stay put in that same job, where success would open up far great opportunities in the long run.

Darren said:

Menzies, Matai, Foran and somebody else from our lineup this season have all resisted very tempting to offers to stay with their mates and remain part of a successful setup. It's just the way it is at Manly.

Had Darcy been a little older and wiser then I think he would have stayed. Can't complain though as Lawrence looks a far better player in every aspect and we have him for at least another three seasons.

He is not daft he knew exactly what he was giving up when he chose to go to Parra. All good. Our boys will have their dollar bills and premierships, he will have only his dollar bills

Why are you picking on Darcy, he's a good guy.

No mention of Whare, Hoppa, JWH, TRex or a dozen others.

Darcy was a good player, but who honestly from our team last night does he cover? Nope, I think every player last night earned their stripes, and I wouldn't change even one of them for anything.

Our roster is outstanding, and we are playing in the game next week deserving of that quality in my opinion.

Best roster in the NRL - as I have said over and over. Also, I thought our game-plan last night was outstanding. Make metres with quick men out wide, kicks close to the sideline, deft kicks behind the rushing defense.

Kudos to Toovey BIG time in a huge game. I was impressed. Just as impressed when I was so excited I had an almost epeliptic fit in front of missus when we over-took their score.

Nope credit where it was well and truly deserved. This one's for Tooves.

NB: And guys, we won. Stop with the snarky snide remarks and threads. This isn't the kennel.

Darren said:

5. Plus parra offers longer holidays. He's probably in Bali now while the manly lads are at work tomorrow.

bob dylan said:

Probably because he is a local with more reasons than the others (Hoppa excepted) to be loyal. Also because I think he could have become another 'Brent Kite'. Had he shown loyalty he'd be a much more valued, and happier, player than he is today.

The Who said:
bob dylan said:

Probably because he is a local with more reasons than the others (Hoppa excepted) to be loyal. Also because I think he could have become another 'Brent Kite'. Had he shown loyalty he'd be a much more valued, and happier, player than he is today.

Exactly.

Out of the names that Bob mentioned I cared most about Darcy leaving because of the reasons you've put forward. I also cared a little when Whare left but wasn't really bothered with the departures of any of the others.

Darcy's a great guy, I converse with him on twitter a fair bit, he's on big money and may well be back at some stage. I think he's a Manly fan at heart and is def following us in the finals.

im sure he is enjoying the extra cash ;)

New car.. paying off mortgage of a property alot quicker. God knows what else. He will come back once he does all that.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4