Hooker for next week?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What happened with that Tigers Mosada guy :huh:
I think he was a hooker.

Hope that Matty won't come back too soon and further damage his leg :angel:

The way DCE has been playing, I would put him at hooker.
Reckon would do him the world of good.
He trained a heap at hooker with QLD origin side + played back row so can handle the central defence duties. Jack Littlejohn in at half.

Brett S didn't look fit to me either.

If Ballin doesnt make it back I can see Taufua filling in as hooker with his power runs and hard tackles, he could be difficult to handle and and do quite well, would definitely keep him away from bombs!! Blair/Gutherson to replace his wing spot

EagleHaus said:
If Ballin doesnt make it back I can see Taufua filling in as hooker with his power runs and hard tackles, he could be difficult to handle and and do quite well, would definitely keep him away from bombs!! Blair/Gutherson to replace his wing spot
Fattua can't throw a pass. Jack Littlejohn is ideal: Tough, fast, can defend, positions himself cleverly.

I would show some faith in stigg, yes I know it's a final but if we lose it won't be because we throw a youngster out there. It's up to the senior pro's to get the job done.

Mavin said:
I would show some faith in stigg, yes I know it's a final but if we lose it won't be because we throw a youngster out there. It's up to the senior pro's to get the job done.

I agree but Manly won't play their juniors rather play players out of position. I would also be bringing up Hopoate and Taylor and give them some game time they are all fit and know how to get the job done

Taylor has signed with the Eels if rumours are correct. Tom T has shown more than him bring him in

This thread is hilarious, One belting and Tuafua is playing Hooker and Taylor Hoppa and Tom T and in firsts???

Give me a break

If Hodges or Ballin are unavailable then Littlejohn or Stig

Disco said:
This thread is hilarious, One belting and Tuafua is playing Hooker and Taylor Hoppa and Tom T and in firsts???

Give me a break

Whats funny ??? Bringing these guys up they would probably perform better than whats out there at the moment and they would be excited and would have a dig ! Yes Sigg should come in as Hooker that is his position. The other clubs are playing their juniors and giving them a run. Walker from Souths is only 19. Penrith and Roosters played with an 18 year old and an 19 year old hookers on debut a couple of weeks ago

Disco said:

Give me a break

Stiggsy wont let anyone down,I was with him at penrith before he came to Manly,he has the right attitude,and will he will give his all thats for sure

EagleHaus said:

Jorge at hooker?? Lol...

Haven't read the whole thread.

Simply, I agree with any suggesting Hiku. (He went OK there last night).

Which means bringing Blair (and his size and energy) into our starting 13.

This is obviously if Ballin and Hodges aren't close to fit enough for an elimination final (against the Scum or Dog$ too).

cliffhanger said:
Don't bring ballin back in....let's look forward to 2015:)

Yep why risk him for another 40 point drubbing !!!

We will be without, Ballin , Ferris, Watmough, possibly Lyon, perhaps Foran, Hodges and and not just down on confidence but totally lacking in any confidence / cohesion or team unity.

Let's just enjoy the fact that despite this we had a pretty good year and can't win them all, **** happens sometimes !!

Harry said:
Disco said:

Give me a break

Whats funny ??? Bringing these guys up they would probably perform better than whats out there at the moment and they would be excited and would have a dig ! Yes Sigg should come in as Hooker that is his position. The other clubs are playing their juniors and giving them a run. Walker from Souths is only 19. Penrith and Roosters played with an 18 year old and an 19 year old hookers on debut a couple of weeks ago
Players like Johnston were given a run because they were banging down the door, not due to a kneejerk reaction after an embarrasing loss

I have no problem given yougsters a run, I'd bring Stig in at hooker and have Gutherson in for Taufua but a player has to deserve selection not just get in on the assumption that they couldn't do any worse

Disco said:
Harry said:
Disco said:

Give me a break

Players like Johnston were given a run because they were banging down the door, not due to a kneejerk reaction after an embarrasing loss

I have no problem given yougsters a run, I'd bring Stig in at hooker and have Gutherson in for Taufua but a player has to deserve selection not just get in on the assumption that they couldn't do any worse
Kierran Moseley at only 19 made his debut for Penrith against Manly. Jackson Hastings 18 made his debut for the Roosters both played Hookers and both played only a couple of weeks ago and both played well. You should try to play players in their correct position not trying to rearrange a team to accommodate a position and especially a key position, it upsets the team. Could come back and bite Manly on the arse

the mauler said:
Hiku won't be able to handle the defensive workload.

That's an unproven theory mate.

He's never done it (apart from the 2nd-half last night).

Which we won; so there's some evidence it may go OK.

Defence is about fitness, amongst other things, and Hiku's fitness and technique (defensively) are adequate enough to try if Ballin and Hodges are unavaialbe.

He's also far more familiar with the 1st-grade team and drills than JLJ (whom we could still need on the bench, as well anyway).

It would be ludicrous to throw a kid like Stig into 1st-grade right now; especially in an elimination fight-to-the-death against the Scum or the Dogs.

(I don't even recall Stig having played NSW Cup yet!)

Hiku (or JLJ) only for mine. (With prayer, wishing and voodoo aplenty all week long, to get Matty B just well enough to play). Even 40 mins from Ballin would help . We could juggle things around to get the best of things.

I'm still very unsure of whether it's a good idea, or fair, to ask Hodges to play. Unless 100% safe.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2