1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Honest opinion - Ballin, Appi or Parcell?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by maxta, Sep 24, 2015.

1. maxta

maxta Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Toowoomba, Queensland
    Ratings:
    +2,345 / 56
    Tough calls will be made & need to be made to move forward...
    Personally have been a massive Ballin fan, but in the modern game that extra creativity & spark from dummy half is a must....& needed if not the 80 minutes, at least 30 EVERY game.
    Personally believe Parcell is a gun & though only briefly proven, must be in the 17 at hooker or 5/8.
    The only way for all 3 is if Ballin starts with Parcell or Appi at 5/8 & the other off the bench...
    Interesting times ahead but personally think Parcell has massive explosive potential, with MB the most reliable & Appi offering a mix of zip & toughness.
    Its all just opinion based, with barrett & time the deciding factor - but interested to see who the Silvertails gang predicts to be there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Brookvale2015

Brookvale2015 Active Member

Ratings:
    +464 / 171
    Ballin won't be in the team that is for sure so it's between api and parcell. For me api should be starting hooker no matter what, he has excelled at hooker and out played Segyaro at penrith even taking his starting spot! For me Koroisau is a no brainer. But then u have Parcell who has to fit into the puzzle. Parcell will be in the side but where is the question. I think he would excell at 5/8 but then u are blocking the paths of turbo and gutho. I'm undecided where to play Parcell I'm keen on him at 5/8 but at the same time he could be a good impact player off the bench and we don't really need any second rowers on the bench with our whole backrow being 80 minute players. Apisai Koroisau at number 9 Parcell ?

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Loobs

Loobs I am not really Scott Penn Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,402 / 257
    Forget Ballin. He's been given one of these talks:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. brad

brad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,561 / 59
    Api 9 Parcell 6. Or off the bench as a super sub if killer plays 6. Hiku to centre and Tom T on the wing or gutherson. A great headache for barrett to have . Sorry m ballin gone .

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Clever Clever x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  5. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Api may yet end up elsewhere on compasionate grounds. @:(
    Baz at least knows him from his year at the Riff.

Pre season will sort out the positions, along with the injuries @:cool:

6. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    If it were me Ballin & Parcell as a combo but to leave Api in reggies makes no sense, neither does leaving Ballin either.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Mal Cochrane

Mal Cochrane I'm not really Mal Cochrane...

Ratings:
    +434 / 4
    will parcell be up to 26rds of 1st grade footy?

8. Mals

Mals Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Pennant Hills
    Ratings:
    +1,479 / 35
    I like it that assumes we play 2 rounds of finals footy but i hope he can withstand 27 rounds of NRL in 2016 ;)

9. EagleFlys

EagleFlys Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +516 / 30
    Ballin will either a) find another home next year; more than likely at the tigpies (assuming nose bleed finds another home) or souffs (assuming Cameron needs more learning time). b) will captain the NSW cup team. c) retire and take up a position on the coaching staff/ manage his FT business.

If he wishes to remain playing, I hope he heads out of Manly to a club that will play him in 1st grade. It's sad but I can't really see the point of a Manly legend sitting in reggies being coached by a former junior teammate. Let alone that former teamate being Luke Williamson.

Anyways, that leaves Kori with the 9 jumper, and Australia post with either the 6 or 14 on his back. Ballin would only take the field in Manly 1st's if there was injuries to both of them.

So long Matty, legend that you are, and thanks for all the fish.

10. Budgewoi Eagle

Budgewoi Eagle In for the long haul. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,015 / 52
    If I'm stuck with Barrett, then whoever Barrett wants.

11. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,739 / 125
    I sadly think that Matty Ballin's time as a permanent fixture in our NRL side has come to an end. He's the wrong side of 30 and will be coming back from an ACL injury.

Both Koroisau and Parcell are only 22 and are relatively healthy.

12. Mal Cochrane

Mal Cochrane I'm not really Mal Cochrane...

Ratings:
    +434 / 4
    Mal, if you include the byes, yeah fair enough :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. wombatgc

wombatgc Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +2,477 / 42
    Had you asked a cpl weeks ago I'd say Api...but after his personal tradegy who can say wether he'll even play in the immediate future?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. robbiea

robbiea Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,595 / 63
    Parcell 6 ,Api 9 ,Ballin 0.

15. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,343 / 111
    Grand final qualifier 20 all ten minutes to go, I'd want the experience of Balin out there. not making mistakes or missing tackles.
    Reg season games I'd want some attack out of dummy half and I think Api at Nine and parcell at six.
    So I don't know really.

16. Simonmyers11

Simonmyers11 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,028 / 96
    Api will be starting hooker in 2016 if mentally right. Parcell looks like a gun and should force his way into the 17 at some stage

17. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

NSW
    Ratings:
    +1,319 / 47
    6. Korisau
    9. Ballin
    14. Parcell

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. lsz

lsz Well-Known Member Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,647 / 66
    Not sure how anyone can judge without knowing what system / style of play we are going to play next year?

19. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

NSW
    Ratings:
    +1,319 / 47
    It's a combination of personal preference and guessing

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Nordburg

Nordburg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +868 / 47
    Ballin has been great for the club but his best work is behind him.He also works well with 2 creative halves,which Manly won't have next yr.He may work well at the Tigers.I believe Parcell will be a superstar and is 10 times the play Koroisau is