Home truths

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Beaver boy

Reserve Grader
Lyon - is he losing it ? They seem to be getting around him with ease ATM.

Ballin- legend, but we resigned him and he isnt sharp from dummy half - we lose out big time there.

Matai - do we get bang for buck ? Injury prone.

Horo- the worst player into the NRL ATM.

Lawrence -He's just too small.

its not all doom and gloom though. This club will bounce back.

Lyon - is he losing it ? They seem to be getting around him with ease ATM.

Ballin- legend, but we resigned him and he isnt sharp from dummy half - we lose out big time there.

Matai - do we get bang for buck ? Injury prone.

Horo- the worst player into the NRL ATM.

Lawrence -He's just too small.

its not all doom and gloom though. This club will bounce back.
No Beaver boy it is not doom and gloom
all we need is to put a broom
through the playing roster

All clubs at times have to bottom out before they move up. Some clubs hit the bottom for many years, others for a couple of seasons. For Manly, I think we have bottomed out at the end of last season and the start of this year. Our turnaround is happening now. Building for the future is happening now and I expect the team will pick themselves up real soon. We might only make the top 8 if we start playing like a team real soon but I do not think this will be due to the legacy of the last 10 years but the start of the next era.

Long term Manly fan and even if this year turns out to not be a cracker, I am excited about the future. I like a good rebuild phase and watching a young team grow again. How many champions have we made over the years. Enjoy the ups and the downs guys. The down seasons make the good ones even better. We are Manly, we always come back stronger and better. Think mid to long term not just week to week.....

Its easy to hassle players like Hasson and Horo and to a less degree Matai and Lyon but who are the healthy players that they are holding back?

Its not like BJ and Starling and Mateo are playing terrible and not being picked. Its injuries that are killing us. The start of the season is about building combonations and match tuffness.

All of the players you mention were functioning beautifully in the team only 9 months ago. The source of the bad form started when our experienced players decided they were so pissed off that they were not only going to white ant any chance we had of winning last year that they were also going to stuff up 2015.

Any team that is not together has no chance of winning bugger all. That is the big difference. We need a team that is together and picking the Turbo brothers is a good signal in restoring this harmony that has been destroyed in recent times.

Truthfully I was of the opinion that the Penns ownership was going to mean bargain basement players, resulting in our club just making up the numbers. Seeing Parra strip us of current 1st grade players only enforced that feeling. Maybe I'm just trying to be optimistic (after so much negativity) or maybe it's the rumoured players that the club have an interest in.....but I'm starting to believe that the new owners won't be happy to just be second best.

Last edited:
images (1).jpg
we are in good hands , our halves have new sponsors.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6