home semi?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lyons den

I know its down the line,should manly finish 1st or 2nd will we be playing out of brookvale oval? or does the NRL deem brookie too small a venue.
looking at the other top 4 candidates being souths roosters and dogs they play out of major stadiums.my worry for manly is being forced to play elsewhere by the Nrl to accommodate a 'bigger' crowd.

You not been around the last 2 years? Been pages and pages on this every year as the finals approach. Its not at Brookie.

If we play against a fellow Sydney team, then it should be at the SFS anyway. The crowd would warrant over 20k, e.g vs Sharks last year.

..Coming first then playing the Rorters at Allianz would be the ultimate in highlighting the stupidity of the system.

One of the benefits of upgrading Brookvale would be it could then host semi-finals against interstate competition where the crowd may not be as big.

Although I doubt the NRL would agree to it. Home city advantage, not home ground.

simon64 said:
Dan said:
I get a semi everytime we win at home

As long as it's not a semi "final" Dan. Hate to think that your season ends that way.

Mate it's usually over before it begins...... How I fathered a child is beyond me

globaleagle said:
Dan said:
simon64 said:
Dan said:

As long as it's not a semi "final" Dan. Hate to think that your season ends that way.

Mate it's usually over before it begins...... How I fathered a child is beyond me

Ask your milkman.

lolololoskates

Wtf is this 1980? WTF is a milkman?

Dan said:
globaleagle said:
Dan said:
simon64 said:
Dan said:

Ask your milkman.

lolololoskates

awww, now I wanna post: You don't know? Ask your wife then!"

But even though that's kinda funny, it may have crossed some line which may or may not make you cranky! Depending on your mexico v Netherlands result wish.

So I wont type it and my apologies if I do! :angel:

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e1xvyTdBZI[/video]

globaleagle said:
Dan said:
globaleagle said:
Dan said:
simon64 said:

Ask your milkman.

lolololoskates

awww, now I wanna post: You don't know? Ask your wife then!"

But even though that's kinda funny, it may have crossed some line which may or may not make you cranky! Depending on your mexico v Netherlands result wish.

So I wont type it and my apologies if I do! :angel:

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e1xvyTdBZI[/video]

I should be so lucky as this to be a reality........;)

Until the other Sydney clubs with suburban grounds make the finals and warrant home semi finals - the 'Riff, Doesn'tmatta, Illawarra and Gummies - then there won't be an outcry about Brookie not being used.
Nobody, apart from us, wants Manly to have more of an advantage than we already have . . . which is having the best team.

simon64 said:
..Coming first then playing the Rorters at Allianz would be the ultimate in highlighting the stupidity of the system.

One of the benefits of upgrading Brookvale would be it could then host semi-finals against interstate competition where the crowd may not be as big.

Although I doubt the NRL would agree to it. Home city advantage, not home ground.

That match-up, if Manly is higher, would be moved to Homebush. The NRL are dumb, but not that stupid...

I was hoping that a compromise would have been found by now, with Sydney clubs able to host out-of-town clubs in a suburban ground in the first week of finals. I'm fine with SFS/Homebush from week two.

The Who said:
Until the other Sydney clubs with suburban grounds make the finals and warrant home semi finals - the 'Riff, Doesn'tmatta, Illawarra and Gummies - then there won't be an outcry about Brookie not being used.
Nobody, apart from us, wants Manly to have more of an advantage than we already have . . . which is having the best team.

You're right TW.

I can see the media release now. They'll claim the Riff, Squeels and Goons have grounds that are up to the "standard" but Brookie and Gummy Park are not.

So they'll be allowed to host at their REAL home if they play an interstate side.

Moot point anyway. We'll win no matter where we play.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2