Home Game at Central Coast

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I agree. There is no chance I'd be travelling up that freeway that time of night on a Friday.

That Parking Station up there is a nightmare as well.

When \"current\" management attained their roles at The Sea Eagles Corso, unfortunately they automatically inherited pre-made contracts and licenses around amounts of games etc at Bluetongue Stadium.

As much as Current management would like to see ALL home games at Brookvale, unfortunately their hands are tied.

I know this to be fact.

While the above is based on fact,
I personally believe we will be coming out of the Pat Wilson decision making era in 2009 or 2010.

Been lurking around the Brookvale toilets with the Oracle lately?

Of course mate, the good old days when i discovered the club

At that time the Manly jersey was the 2nd highest selling sport jersey in NZ

When \"current\" management attained their roles at The Sea Eagles Corso, unfortunately they automatically inherited pre-made contracts and licenses around amounts of games etc at Bluetongue Stadium.

As much as Current management would like to see ALL home games at Brookvale, unfortunately their hands are tied.

I know this to be fact.

If you are correct, and I am not dobubting you then the current management have sold it very poorly to the supporters. If they are contractually obligated then they should tell the supporters the truth and if the current CEO wants to play all games at Brookvale then I have not heard him so say so!

I read in an earlier thread that the we will be playing 2 games at Bluetongue next season. If that is the case there will be a revolt from the season tix holders. From within the area in which we sit in the JT stand we know about 12 people who sit immediatley beside, behind and in front, the same people have held the same seats for many many years. Not one is happy with the transfer of the game to Gosford and there is talk of not renewing tix next season if the dose is repaeated, let alone the possibility of 2 games being played.

Of course 12 or so people out 1500 or so season tix holders should not be taken as a fair sampling, but in light of what has been written on the forums, with the exception of persons who do not attend Brookvale I have not seen one supporter actually embracing this move.

LOL, was a big fan of them, and Ridgey and Williams were around about the same time, with Lowe coaching the side

If that is the case there will be a revolt from the season tix holders. From within the area in which we sit in the JT stand we know about 12 people who sit immediatley beside, behind and in front, the same people have held the same seats for many many years. Not one is happy with the transfer of the game to Gosford and there is talk of not renewing tix next season if the dose is repaeated, l

Perhaps a succesful season means that pre-demand for 2008 season tickets is such that management feel they'll fill the seats anyway.

It's a bit like the old ladies that have their favourite pews in a church somewhere. eventually a pastor has to run the risk of pissing them off if the organisation is going to move with the times.

A succesful season is but fleeting. The season tix holders are there through good years and bad years. Is the value of an existing ticket holder worth less than that of person attracted by a year of success?

Is there pre-demand for 2008? despite an absolute brilliant start to the season the thermometer on the home page of MSE did not show any great rise.

Whilst many of the season tix holders may be 40+ I would ask why do under 40's not take up season tix. Of course there is the not insignifigant cost, that a younger person with a young family may be able to afford, the Hill may be more appealing for many.

Without any question this issue has been badly managed, if it was due to pre-existing contractual arrangements so be it. But when a problem arises deal with it with your core customer base rather than tell them to contact Ticketek and arrange your priority seating and pay them a few extra bucks on the way through for the privilge.

The game should have been scheduled for a Sunday afternoon at best or at worst a Saturday night. The Broncos had no difficulty in arranging a change of venue when it suited them (albeit at a cost). Manly management should have ensured that David Gallop returned the favour and made sure Channel 9 gave this game a Sunday time slot, after all the alleged reason for the game being played at Gosford is? Well there is a reason (apart from an innane decsion to move a match away from Brookvale) but I wonder if any knows what it is.

Pete, Considering you live at the CC and could probably get to the game easier than most I admire your stance on this issue.

I just received an email stating that season ticket holders can catch a free bus to Gosford for the game but Football Club Members have to pay $20 plus $8.50 admin fee as well to catch the bus. (What a great deal?)

Pete is correct in saying there is merit in letting people who are going to be significantly inconvenienced know why this is the case.

But when a problem arises deal with it with your core customer base
That is exactly the point. I know it is not easy to run a footie club, but ANY business must address issues directly with customers as quickly as is possible. They should have worn the cost of the Ticketek charges and made very clear why the game move was made and what plans they had in place for the ticket holders.

The game was moved because the NRL told the club they had to play a home game at CC, the same as rooters and souths. Evidently the NRL earmarked 3 or 4 games to be played at the CC.

From Newcastle I don't mind the move. Whilst I acknowledge the trip from Sydney to the game would be a crap trip, I making a day of it with the wife. Staying the night at the Terrigal Crowne Plaza, having a seafood platter for lunch, a couple of bottles of white wine, followed by a great win over the knights. What could be better?

I can back up what Ryan said about this being tied to arrangements agreed to by previous administration. As a season ticket holder I expressed my annoyance to management and the response, while cryptic, alluded to such a prior contractual arrangement.
It still doesn't excuse the lack of honesty in how the situation is communicated to fans (esp. season ticket holders). If the rumours about 2 games next season are true this might be brought to a head.

The club did push for a weekend timeslot with 9 / Fox/ NRL but this was not listened to. Given the situation with the Brisbane match I would have thought the NRL would do more to pressure the TV stations.

The game was moved because the NRL told the club they had to play a home game at CC, the same as rooters and souths. Evidently the NRL earmarked 3 or 4 games to be played at the CC.
Why are we then targeted to play at Gosford, why not Parramatta, Penrith or Cronulla?

From Newcastle I don't mind the move.

I find that to be very selfish approach. This should be what is good for Manly, not for any individual. This is our game yet in an email received from the club it is being promoted as getting a win in enemy territory. How does that equate?

If one person can tell me that this benefits our chances of winning this years trophy I will be all ears for the reasoning behind the rationale.

Given the situation with the Brisbane match I would have thought the NRL would do more to pressure the TV stations.

You forget that the TV stations did not budge their timing on that game.

We agreed to the swap of venues and were handsomely compensated by Brisbane.

The TV channels did their thing - venue didn't matter to them.

I thought the reason Ch 9 went with the 2 Friday night game format was to ensure that they could show a 7:30 game live into Qld showing one of the 3 Qld based teams.

Well for the 1st time this year (excepting the Bye rounds) Ch 9 are not showing a Qld based team live on a Friday Night on this very weekend.

With the Broncos v Storm in this same round why was that not chosen to be a Friday night game? That game, based on current form will be a must watch game for all league fans. The same cannot be said for Manly v Knights.

The NRL have said in the past that whilst they do not choose the scheduling of games they do have input in assisting clubs achieve their goals. Given that Manly would have (presumably) requested a Sunday game the NRL have shown that they truly are the Nine Networks bitch by not standing up for Manly.

We (Manly) allowed the Broncos to swap matches at the request of the both the Broncos and presumably with the blessing of the the NRL. Surely Manly were owed a favour by the NRL.

I am sick of the TV networks running this game. When the NRL next sign a TV contract I hope they remember who the real owners of this game are and they stop screwing us over.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4