Holden Cup v Gold Coast

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagle66

Bencher
Got to the ground in time to watch the second half of the Holden Cup yesterday. Less said the better.

Actually, during the second half, I was feeling that they had nothing going for them, up at halftime by a healthy margin and rundown throughout the second half.

Thinking over what I saw, I could see that the forwards were always in position for defence but there was no "mongrel". They always seemed to get 2 to 3 in the tackle but were always pushed back by the attacker.

There was no zip or speed in their playmakers. The fiveeighth seemed confident but didn't control the game in anyway. The was a bigsize islander on the wing, but did not display much ticker.

I have heard that the majority of the players still have next year in this grade, which would explain our lowly position and it will be interesting to see their development next year.

They got near the Titans line a few times in the 2nd half but couldn't get over. Seemed to me the referee gave the Titans a penalty everytime to get out of their own half but Manly never got one coming the other way. The wind was very strong early in the afternoon too & the points in both halves of the game all seemed to go with it.

It's not an Under 20's match unless 11 or 12 tries are scored. This match was no exception.
Every time an opposition team gets a full set against our boys they either score or go close to scoring. The defence is paper think.
That winger is huge. But so too was She-Rex. It takes a lot more than size to make a good footballer.
These days I think young footballers are getting too bulky. You don't need brawn to be a champion.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7