1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holden Cup Team of the year

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by master blaster, Aug 27, 2013.

1. master blaster

master blaster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +674 / 4
    Well done and congrats to Jake Trbojevic for making the Holden Cup team of the year

2. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    No surprise there. Haven't seen every Holden Cup game, (obviously) but in even in the games where we have been dominated in he has been a standout.

3. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    Saw him warming up with the first grade squad as cover (due to Kites late withdrawal no doubt) and he was one of the biggest there. Massive unit with a great motor, think it will be next year we see him crack first grade.

4. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,800 / 58
    Well done Jake!

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/playerprofiledisplay/Sea%20Eagles-NYC/Jake%20Trbojevic/6256

5. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/young-manly-prop-in-team-of-the-year-following-outstanding-season/story-fngr8iii-1226705837592
    Young Manly prop in Team of the Year following outstanding season
    ANDREW PRENTICE MANLY DAILY AUGUST 28, 2013 3:08PM

MANLY's  under-20s squad may be destined to "win'' the wooden spoon this season, but the performances of Jake Trbojevic have been anything but average.

The 19-year-old prop, who has scored 11 tries, was named in the Holden Cup Team of the Year this week.

It was an accolade the modest Mona Vale Raiders junior didn't expect.

"I was in-between classes at uni when (NSW Cup coach) Luke Williamson gave me a call to say I was in the team,'' Trbojevic said.

"It has been a tough year for the boys, we have been competitive in most games but fallen away in the ­second half.

"On a personal level it ­(selection) means plenty, some very good NRL players have been in these respective teams since 2008.''

Kieran Foran, Daly Cherry-Evans and Jamie Buhrer were named in the 2009 squad, and Trbojevic would love to eventually emulate their glittering on-field achievements.

"I am off-contract at the end of next year, and would love to extend my stay at the club if possible,'' he said.

"I have played a couple of NSW Cup games recently which has been great, I need to brace myself for the step up in physicality.''

6. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +507 / 20
    Sign this local kid up!! Wonderful potential at front row!!