Holden cup matches at Brookvale Oval

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
I see that yet again the Holden cup fixture for tonight has been moved to a different day and the team played on Saturday and were soundly beaten by the Cowboys.

I am a season ticket holder and member and yet again this team is denied the opportunity to play in front of our fans due to the so called state of Brookvale oval.

I rang the club about this and I was told that this is an NRL decision and not the clubs one and this is due to concerns of the surface at Brookvale. Looking at the state of the Homebush surface where the dogs , tigers and rabbits play home games, those clubs dont seem to have the hassle our club has.

When we buy our season ticket we are under the presumption that we will see 2 games per game day. We have had that luxury only 3 times this season at Brookvale.

There was no mention from the club about this date change on the weekend and I was only made aware when I saw the result of the game published on nrl.com.au

I feel short changed as a member of this club and I want to watch our young players develop and it is not possible cause Brookvale is deemed not good enough. I have been watching games for 40 years there and seen some absolute mud heaps and the games were played.

Come on Manly, the members and fans deserve better than this!

Yep - I was really disappointed last Monday when the 20s didn't play before the game at the Gold Coast. We only get to see the one game a year live and we were look forward to seeing the 20s beforehand. Yes I know it was played on the Sunday but when I bought my ticket it was advertised for the Monday and the drive up to the Gold Coast is just that bit too far for us to do on 2 consecutive days. With the price of the tickets $50- 60 it is disappointing. It was much better when you got to see all three grades and could make a day of it.

Couldn't agree more.
If our ground is not up to standard then:
(a) what is the NRL doing about Homebush? I see that the AFL is now complaining about the ground.
(b) How does this affect the NRL's attitude to its 'one ground fits all' policy?
(c) is our club seeking a reduction in rent from the Council?

Tony Abbott should come good with his election promise and build us a stadium like he promised seen he is supposed be a Manly Man

Pretty sure it was due to Cowboys U'20's work and study commitments not the state of the ground

Pretty sure it was due to Cowboys U'20's work and study commitments not the state of the ground

well Tony Abbott has been living up to his promise to reduce jobs for young people and make it harder for them so he should have the U20's free to play anytime of the week soon

I understand this but lot of us fans are at uni or working full time and we still attend games scheduled for Monday nights so while I can see the NRL's point of view in terms of player welfare I see this stance as a bit of a cop out by the NRL

well Tony Abbott has been living up to his promise to reduce jobs for young people and make it harder for them so he should have the U20's free to play anytime of the week soon

All the other clubs play their 20s before first grade. The players aren't little k
I understand this but lot of us fans are at uni or working full time and we still attend games scheduled for Monday nights so while I can see the NRL's point of view in terms of player welfare I see this stance as a bit of a cop out by the NRL

All the other clubs play their 20's before first grade. The players aren't u14s and are not playing every Monday night, most employees with the players are very understanding and they do get looked after by the club. Our 20s even played far away vs Tigers at Campbelltown a few weeks back, when it was our home game and when our first grade side played at Brooky. Not good enough and the young players like to see more supporters turn up before our top side plays as it encourages the players and provides a good atmosphere

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4