Holden cup finals

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Every successful team needs their quiet achievers. The men who go about their duties with minimum fuss to get the job done.

Fortunately for the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Holden Cup side, there are several ‘unsung heroes’.

Whilst Tom Trbojevic and Addison Demetriou have rightly dominated headlines for their speed and tryscoring feats, the likes of Hugh Pratt, Darcy Cox, Jesse Ramien, and Nicho Hynes are satisfied if Coach David Heath is happy with their performance.

Heath said hooker Pratt is an exceptional worker who just ‘loves to play’.

“Hugh has been a big part of what we have done. He just wants to play and when I start to bring him off, he doesn’t want to go,’’ Heath said.

“It is a sensational culture to have. I’ve had players before who have put their hands up when things got hard, but not with Hugh. He is the type of person who overtrains, not undertrains.”

Pratt sits third for most dummy half runs (120) while an extra asset is his sound goal-kicking ability, having kicked 77 goals from 106 attempts for a 73 per cent record. His four tries and 77 goals sees him ranked second on the list for top point scorers.

Pratt’s fine form saw him called up to play in the Sea Eagles’ NSW Cup elimination final at Belmore last Saturday, resulting in him missing the Holden Cup win over Cronulla.

"Hugh played about 20 minutes in the NSW Cup and rang me later that night to say he was keen to play on Sunday. That's the type of player he is," Heath added.

"I chose not too and remained with the players already chosen."

Heath said the hard-working Cox had made the lock position his own.

“Darcy makes 30 or 40 tackles a game and makes metres every week,’’ Heath said.

“I think Darcy has been the big find in what we have done. He is so reliable and I haven’t had to worry about that role as he has held it in a fairly tough position every week. He is very good.”

Cox ranks fifth for most tackles (764) made in the competition and leads the way for most decoys (191).

Heath said Hynes had proven just as comfortable at half-back, or at full-back when filling in for Trbojevic, and gives the side ‘three halves’. He added centre Ramien had really impressed in the second half of the season.

Pratt, Cox, Ramien, Hynes and their team-mates will be looking to build on their recent good form against minor premiers Penrith Panthers in the qualifying final at ANZ Stadium this Saturday from 3.10pm. The match will be played before the Bulldogs-Dragons elimination final.

Perfect day in Sydney to watch our U/20's go around so if you join me out @ ANZ Stadium to cheer our boys on to victory!!
This hot weather I think plays right into our hands with the panthers being a big forward pack
I know the boys will not let us down
#Manly still alive in 2015

Last edited:
We need to be very careful about not losing too much talent out of our NYC team to clubs like the Chooks who seem to cherry pick whoever they want from other teams NYC groups.

We as fans are complaining about lack of signings. Lets focus on keeping our home grown future superstars.

We have a good young hooker who can kick goals, why are we chasing others? Only to see other clubs pick up our good ones like JWH.

Can't beat team spirit and loyalty which our young guys have.
Go the Eagles!

I have seen many manly fans out hear we have bombed so many chances we are in this game!!

Go boys
Score a few tries in my corner where most of the manly fans are sitting!!

If you read the comment smart a..e it meant losing young players to other clubs, positions were not the issue.
Do you really waste time on a forum with those sorts of comments, perhaps your name relates to your wit?

Penriff bashed us into next Friday's elimination finals. 24-44 :(

Can't believe that the NRL have scheduled the Australuan School Boys Test on the weekend of the Preliminary Finals.
Young Cleary will miss out due to this insane scheduling :eek:

Penriff bashed us into next Friday's elimination finals. 24-44 :(

Can't believe that the NRL have scheduled the Australuan School Boys Test on the weekend of the Preliminary Finals.
Young Cleary will miss out due to this insane scheduling :eek:
What's that got to do with manly?

Agree. Throw in Demetriou as well. He'll play NRL for sure. Maybe not next year but by 2017.
They were both excellent; although, Demetriou needs to tighten up his defence a bit. The problem was that Pratt and Pearsal didn't get the ball to Demetriou when close to the line on numerous occassions. I thought Pratt was quite poor today actually (other than goal kicking).

It was like our kids were playing against the Pacific Islands, such was the make up of the "Riff pack who were too big for our blokes. With the exception of Liam Knight, who was awesome, and Hugh Pratt, who tackled his heart out, our pack was outmuscled. Tom Turbo has an injured thigh and wasn;t involved as much as he'd have like. When he was he was dangeros. So Too Demetrou, who may have to be moved back to the pack to help the forwards. A couple of our forwards were concussed due to illegal play, and the 'Riff will be missing players for future matches.
The match showed that big forwards dominate in the Under 20s, who can't defend a set of six. Every time the 'Riff got a penalty they would score in the next set.

Once again when our lower grades finally make the finals they whimper out under a hail storm of tries. I can't remember the last time one of our minor grades actually won a final.

The worry was when Penrith got any field position, they were able to score tries...Manly were almost as dangerous & blew 3 definate tries.
If Manly improved defensively by 10% will beat them if they meet again.
Dominated early exchanges but when the game became an arm wrestl,e Penrith seemed to have the belief & another major factor - though both Turbo & Demitriou are a cut above any other player on the field - Penrith have the next 10 best players after that excluding Knight who would be in that bunch.
Seen enough to think Manly can still challenge, but need to up the ante defensively - attacking wise will score enough to match anyone.

The worry was when Penrith got any field position, they were able to score tries...Manly were almost as dangerous & blew 3 definate tries.
If Manly improved defensively by 10% will beat them if they meet again.
Dominated early exchanges but when the game became an arm wrestl,e Penrith seemed to have the belief & another major factor - though both Turbo & Demitriou are a cut above any other player on the field - Penrith have the next 10 best players after that excluding Knight who would be in that bunch.
Seen enough to think Manly can still challenge, but need to up the ante defensively - attacking wise will score enough to match anyone.
Where was our number 12 .anyone ?

Last edited:
Pretty hard for Pratt to get the ball to Demetrou from dummy half and the other is in the centres.
Knight and Pratt were very good. Knight particularly isn't that big but workrate enormous.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6