Holden Cup Finals week 2

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Tallish,strong, slim, a build a little like Menzies though not quite as agile. Fairly fast running forward. Good defender. He played one test beating Ron Coote to the position. Usually played second row or sometimes lock. Popular player in his day.

Cheers mate.

Liam knight is going to be a star - he reminds me of JWH with less rubbish in his game. Addison and Tom make up the three stars that we have coming through. Our halves are poor in my opinion, have thought that all year. Saunders is not up to it and Ramien has potential to be a very good player in time.

Going to have to disagree with you about the halves.
Particularly in the later season games I saw, most of the good things had Will Pearsall's hand in thm somewhere. His ability to put guys like Tom and Liam Knight into good gaps has been part of the success.
Riley Travers was going great and was dominant at the start of the season but has had some bad injuries and since signed with Souffs, so he's still not 100%. If he can regain his form, it will be a bad loss.
Nico Hynes is a good footballer but I can't really pin down what is his best position. Maybe we just have to see how his game develops naturally. I wouldn't be writing him off just yet.

I do agree about Liam Knight though. First Jake, now Liam. We're actually producing star front rowers again. Good times ahead. If managed properly.

Particularly in the later season games I saw, most of the good things had Will Pearsall's hand in thm somewhere. His ability to put guys like Tom and Liam Knight into good gaps has been part of the success.
Riley Travers was going great and was dominant at the start of the season but has had some bad injuries and since signed with Souffs, so he's still not 100%. If he can regain his form, it will be a bad loss.
Nico Hynes is a good footballer but I can't really pin down what is his best position. Maybe we just have to see how his game develops naturally. I wouldn't be writing him off just yet.

I do agree about Liam Knight though. First Jake, now Liam. We're actually producing star front rowers again. Good times ahead. If managed properly.
That's fair enough mate. When I look at halves I look for calmness under pressure, good last tackle options and an accurate kicking game - I just don't see that with our halves. Pearsall does have a good inside ball; however, he has a few too many errors in him and I think his last tackle options let him down. Having said that, he is young with time to improve.

A thrilling match which once agin underlined the talent of Liam Knight. This guy will be our forward 'firecracker' - possibly as quickly as next season. Yes, he's young, but so is Jake Turbo, and Hastings is just 19. I love his passion and he just never stops.
It seemed obvious that Tom Turbo was not running freely, although he still played well.
I can't see them winning next week, unfortunately. They don't seem to be able to defend when the opposition holds the ball for a set of six. But they can score tries.
I hope our hooker is OK. He was knocked out when he got his head in the wrong position in a tackle.
It's been a good season for the boys, and I'm sure 3-4 from this team will become first graders within a few seasons.
They don't seem to be able to to defend a set of six??from what I've seen lately and especially last night that seems to be there strenghth .cant see them winning next week????. How about a being a bit positive, best under 20s in 6 years playing all round great footy with a lot of younger kids in the team

That's fair enough mate. When I look at halves I look for calmness under pressure, good last tackle options and an accurate kicking game - I just don't see that with our halves. Pearsall does have a good inside ball; however, he has a few too many errors in him and I think his last tackle options let him down. Having said that, he is young with time to improve.

Yeah, fair point, the last tackle options aren't always the best, particularly when plan A doesn't come off.
I was willing to put that down to age/experience and also to Travers injuries and like I said, not too sure if Hynes is a true half, yet.

I was more just looking at raw talent and Peasall has that.

I guess we'll see how it all plays out. We have to remember that Cooper Cronck wasn't even a proper halfback at this stage of his career. Foran was a centre.

Where will the team play next week? It's be stated they will play in Townsville, but I'm not so sure. If the 'Boys beat the Sharks tonight they will play the Storm in Melbourne. Thus: their Under 20's would play the lead-up game in Melbourne. Ditto: if the Sharks win it's in Melbourne.
They won't play just an Under 20s semi-final on its own. Surely not.

Where will the team play next week? It's be stated they will play in Townsville, but I'm not so sure. If the 'Boys beat the Sharks tonight they will play the Storm in Melbourne. Thus: their Under 20's would play the lead-up game in Melbourne. Ditto: if the Sharks win it's in Melbourne.
They won't play just an Under 20s semi-final on its own. Surely not.

I think we will play in Melbourne next weekend that is my guess.

We will have a better understanding after tonight's Cowboys sharks game.

I was wondering if our first grade side plus Tooves will lend a hand this week to the 20's as in be the bunnies in defence etc. Without taking anything away from their present coach I'm sure DCE, Killer and a few with that GF experience and pressure could certainly help.
Laurie Daley for SOO ran younger blokes against senior guys and was positive in comments about the development gained.

I was wondering if our first grade side plus Tooves will lend a hand this week to the 20's as in be the bunnies in defence etc. Without taking anything away from their present coach I'm sure DCE, Killer and a few with that GF experience and pressure could certainly help.
Laurie Daley for SOO ran younger blokes against senior guys and was positive in comments about the development gained.
Toovey was there last night, as was jake t and buhrer. Nice for the boys

I am really disappointed that Riley Travers has signed with the Vermin. This is so annoying that a team that is building is ripped apart by rival clubs pinching our kids because of money. Such a shame as he and Will Pearsell were forming such a good combination.

I am really disappointed that Riley Travers has signed with the Vermin. This is so annoying that a team that is building is ripped apart by rival clubs pinching our kids because of money. Such a shame as he and Will Pearsell were forming such a good combination.

Traver's contract was up and Manly didn't want to re sign him

Traver's contract was up and Manly didn't want to re sign him
If what you say is true, that is a big blunder from the club. Before he got hurt this season, he was on fire and the captain of the team, we need back up for DCE. Oh well, lets hope Nick Hynes is up to it.

If what you say is true, that is a big blunder from the club. Before he got hurt this season, he was on fire and the captain of the team, we need back up for DCE. Oh well, lets hope Nick Hynes is up to it.
The club has bought some halves as well. Hynes I am not sure of his position, can see him playing lock.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4