• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Lol sorry Marky mark couldn't help it..

I think many are underestimating the impact Hodges had on that win last nite. I'll be surprised if Bozo hasn't said he wants him playing up its either that or Ballin was carrying an injury.

His passes were a bit off. But that dart out of dummy gets the forwards on a roll. I think pressure is on Ballin.

Lol sorry Marky mark couldn't help it..

I think many are underestimating the impact Hodges had on that win last nite. I'll be surprised if Bozo hasn't said he wants him playing up its either that or Ballin was carrying an injury.

His passes were a bit off. But that dart out of dummy gets the forwards on a roll. I think pressure is on Ballin.
Used right,I think the two of them can work great.When there are 4 big blokes on the bench,the 4th rarely comes on until about 10-15 min.to go,basically a waste of a spot.Ballin has been very slow this yr so why not try a different tact,can't be any worse

On another note, I paid a lot of attention to Koroisau(?) on Friday night - very crisp passing game, equally good either side of the ruck. Didn't see him run much, but was fast into dummy half and delivered well. Also drove one of the Burgess boys back in defence one time. Seems to fit in between both of our current options...hard to say who he is meant to replace moving forward...

I can't recall who posted it but a really good point was made in another post on here that Ballin has to make so many tackles each game because the opposition are running at him, be it to tire him out because he is so good or because he is the smallest weakest like in the forward defensive line.

I'd love to know the stats on how many tackles Hodges made whilst on the field Sunday.

He copped a blast on here last week when we signed api. U would think the bloke didn't have shoulders.

He was a terrier in defence and brought the biggest forwards down. I was really taking note of his defence. Stats may prove me wrong, but I certainly ended up thinkIng that some of the credit needs to go to Hodges. It was because he is an attacking hooker, causing the opposition problems with his attack. As a result he is working their forwards over, and that's why he isn't having to do as much work as Ballin does in defence.

I also though Mason and Burgess had by far their best games this year.

Bozo's clean out may have fired those big guys up. But that spark from hooker, plays a massive role it gets those big guys moving forward.

Ballin has to get more attacking to stay in first grade for mine. His defensive brilliance is also his biggest down fall.

Ballin 18 tackles 2 missed
Hodges 27 tackles 2 missed

It is about the same number of tackles per minute on the field.

Hodges service was poor to start with but improved. If he can pick up where he left off and keep improving he will be a valuable asset.

Ballin also ran a lot more in less than 40 minutes than he normally does in 80. Having a break gives him the energy to do this and makes him a better hooker. He will also get better as he adjusts to the new workload balancing it so he can be at his best for the entire time on the field rather than fading if he goes too hard early.

unlucky not to get a try when he dived over the line from dummy half. had some speed about his darts from dummy half. I also thought ballin was better because of the lighter workload.
I have watched him in the NSW Cup and he is a hog when he gets near the line. He always goes for the try from dummy half. Having said that, he has a bit of dash & should improve with more 1st grade.

You know what gets forwards on a roll better than a dummy half run?

Forwards who actually hit the ball at speed and want to get on a roll.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6