• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
BREAKING NEWS:

Fans on an NRL forum have differing views on players.

It is not an issue of having a different op. For me I am not sure how any, at this stage, can have a conclusive opinion until the kid gets a run of games under his belt.

For mind there were good things and bad things yesterday but not enough for me to make a call. It is much like people who call for a player (apart from Hasson...we are all in agreement there) every week. One week Brett has to to go and Tom T needs to be there, next week Matai is gone or it is Lyon most times based on a single performance

Not his best game, but a bit tough judging a bloke who is perhaps trying too hard with limited opportunity.
To be fair theres probably far better players who have looked ordinary in their first handful of games & then come good.
Truth is, with Api here in 2016 he will not be around to prove himself at Manly but I wont be suprised at all to see him play to a decent NRL standard elsewhere & some of the deathriders here eat their words.

I wasn't writing him off as a player forever. He has the potential to improve for sure. I was more so responding to posters who believe he offers more than Ballin because he can scoot from dummy half. He is a reasonable player and given 10 mins a half to take pressure of Ballin could work really well. I don't think he is a long term prospect for us but that's not to say he isn't good enough for any other club. My issue is he is a little too small and probably needs to bulk up in order to dominate a bit more in tackles. Other than that he tries bloody hard and with a bit more game time under his belt could really improve and help us avoid the spoon.

Not like this place to rush to judgement of a player in his what 4th or 5th first grade game (and first back after a number of weeks in NSW cup)

10th games total, debuted for the cows at 19 in round 25 2013, played 3 games for them,

10th games total, debuted for the cows at 19 in round 25 2013, played 3 games for them,
Considering it is over a 3 year period I am still not sure we have seen enough to be conclusive - especially when so many on here wanted him in for so long

Considering it is over a 3 year period I am still not sure we have seen enough to be conclusive - especially when so many on here wanted him in for so long

oh i agree, hence why i noted his debut age of 19, Matty B was 23 when he finally cracked first grade, it was at this stage of his career that the bongos let him go as the ironstines there thought he would never be any good. Ironstones here have already written Hodges off in the same manner

Its a harsh reality, however sometimes players don't even get 2 games to show their wares before they are relegated to the scrap heap & others like Hasson get too many and never deliver. He is not in that category. This kid has done enough to deserve his run. He is a good little player, who has tried his hardest every time we have called on him in difficult circumstances. He doesn't deserve to be called rubbish, however he has a long way to go to be considered a genuine first grader & I don't believe he should be replacing Ballin for anymore than 20 mins a game the way he is at the moment, but wouldn't be against him increasing minutes if he improves..

You would think that a guy who has presumably played hooker for a lot longer than the 10 first grade games he's played would have a better pass on him than what he's shown so far. As Ive said before, great around the ruck but his passing game has not been up to standard.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6