Hodges - Ballin

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
another so called supporter, quit when the going gets tough. thank god you were not around in our early years. If you only like winning go see if you can be happy with some other team but remember a true manly supporter should never quit its in our blood till we die. go the mighty eagles we will soar again when all the injuries and consternation over players has ended until then bring it on. if we do win the spoon we will have won every trophy this is the only thing we have never won. be positive it could be worse we could still be the northern eagles.
65 years a supporter,
It's funny, a lot of people who have previously taken no interest have recently begun to ask me how Manly are going (as if they did'nt know). If they think I'm going to stop supporting the team because we're going through a bad period they're sadly mistaken. I'm looking forward to us coming good so I can shove it in their faces.

Robbie .... If the truth hurts then you may be better off supporting playing ROBLOX or something. The fact of the matter is that Ballin is not providing us with ascendency(might be too big a word for you) from dummy half. Hodges was outstanding in the pressure cooker semi against the dogs last year when Ballin was available. I love Ballin for his service, defence and commitment but he sadly lacks in a crucial area of dummy half play.

Ballin is down on form and confidence like the rest of the team

People around he cannot see past the right now, Ballin has a few bad games and his done for, Elgey doesn't win 3 mom awards in his first 3 games and he'll never be anything and an injury hit Manly will play like this forever

Ballin will come good as will the team, never write off champions

That said I do thinknhoghes should be getting 20-30min a game

Early in Ballin's career, Hasler used a 2nd hooker off the bench which worked well. Since then, we've done well with Ballin playing the full 80mins and having 4 big forwards on the bench. However at this stage of Ballin's career, I think we need to go back to a 2nd hooker on the bench.

Ballin's experience and defensive ability is vital for the team over the next couple of years. So as far as his place in the team is concerned, we still need him but we do need the transition to start.

another so called supporter, quit when the going gets tough. thank god you were not around in our early years. If you only like winning go see if you can be happy with some other team but remember a true manly supporter should never quit its in our blood till we die. go the mighty eagles we will soar again when all the injuries and consternation over players has ended until then bring it on. if we do win the spoon we will have won every trophy this is the only thing we have never won. be positive it could be worse we could still be the northern eagles.
65 years a supporter,

My apologies. A mixture of way too much alcohol and frustration. I've followed Manly since a little kid in the 70s and not about to walk out. The winning or losing in itself is not such an issue, but the on-going drama around players and management certainly tests my enjoyment of following our club.

My apologies. A mixture of way too much alcohol and frustration. I've followed Manly since a little kid in the 70s and not about to walk out. The winning or losing in itself is not such an issue, but the on-going drama around players and management certainly tests my enjoyment of following our club.
Birds of a feather always stick together . Good times ahead feathered friend :)

We could use them both. Ballin in the opening tough exchanges and Hodges towards the end of each half when the opposition forwards are fatigued

Matt is a champion player and our 'rock' for the past seven seasons but last night convinced me that Hodges must be in the 17. Having him on the reserves bench also gives us greater options when one of our backs gets injured - and this seems to happen every game this season.

Hodges put Ballin to shame last night and Hodges is only average.

Matt B has been sensational (commitment, effort, niceness) for 8 or 9 years - but no longer in my 17.

Hodges @ 9, Foran reserve hooker off bench (last 10 mins 1st half & 1st 10 2nd half) just to tackle & rest Hodges.

Mateo's our 6. (when fit).

Hodges put Ballin to shame last night and Hodges is only average.

Hodges @ 9, Foran reserve hooker off bench (last 10 mins 1st half & 1st 10 2nd half) just to tackle & rest Hodges.

Mateo's our 6. (when fit).
Haha, yeah Foran needs demotion to play hooker, he's not creative enough. If he can pass from dummy half.

Play both for 80mins. Ballin in the 9 and Hodges in the 6. With Mateo back in the forwards he can play a lot of the 6 while Hodges effectively freelances. He can swoop into hooker if he sees and opportunity but stays at the 6 to play a ball running type role. Mateo could then rest in the 6 from time to time.

If Hodges gets some time he will be a real asset to the team. he brings variety and cover for half back too. I would love to see a spark from dummy half, we are getting dominated around the ruck and caught out time and time again. We need variety and support for Matty B

I liked LeStrange and Monoghan. Not the quickest there was, but willing to run and held the ball out front.

Hodges provided much needed spark. Ballin is a liability. Good defender, but so is Mchulloch, Nathan Friend, Jake Friend and they provide zip out of Dummy half. Ballin is not creative, slow and stifles any attack. They must keep Hodges there . He's a good one.

For a long time now, I have asked for Hodges inclusion, but not at Hooker.
I'd like to see Hodges at Half or 5/8.

Hodges will be wasted at Hooker, whose primary function is to deliver the ball, continuity in servicing play and defence, which is what Ballin is good at.

When Matty was injured last season, we lacked the direction, defence and ball delivery.
Spark is required more so in the halves position.

Will Manly hire me as assistant coach?
I'm not free but I'm very very cheap (my wife tells me that).

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4