Hill in it for Love?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
Hill hoists Eagles
ADAM LUCIUS
Manly Daily
05mar05

TERRY Hill yesterday completed his re markable resurrection by signing a new one- year deal with Manly before declaring: ``I haven't come back to run last.''

The former international, 33, will earn around $40,000 if he plays every game after agreeing to a performance-based contract.

Hill insists he would not have launched a comeback unless he was convinced Manly had a future.

``This isn't about money - it is about going out of the game with my head held high,'' he said.

``I didn't come back to play in a team that was going to run last, second last, third last.

``I wouldn't be doing this unless I believed we were going to be a genuine force this year - and I can tell you we will be.

``This team won't be intimidated or stood over. My comeback is in no way motivated by anything else than a will to go out with a season of enjoyment in a team going places.''

Hill racked up 126 games for the Sea Eagles between 1994 and 1999, playing in three consecutive grand finals during that period.

He moved to the Wests Tigers in 2000, playing three seasons with the joint venture club before retiring after just one trial match with Souths last year.

His comeback began the day after the 2004 grand final when he fronted for training weighing 114kg.

``I am looking forward to giving something back to the club where I enjoyed my best football and if I can help guide some exciting young players to success then it will give me great pleasure,'' Hill said.

Manly executive director Paul Cummings last night welcomed Hill's official return.

``Manly is delighted to have Terry Hill on board for the season,'' he said.

``His experience will be invaluable to our side.

``His training and trial form has been the deciding factor and he wants to play for the right reasons.''

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6