Hiku's try saver

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Lyonstomenzies

Bencher
Premium Member
If Hiku doesn't make that tackle at the end, we lose. He made a couple of other great tackles on our line and really stood up in defence.

Over the last few weeks our inexperienced players have missed those tackles and leaked try after try. Hopefully this is a sign that our players can trust each other in line defence and not have to rush out or come on off their man in defence.

He needs to learn when to pass the ball. Tonight he bombed a try cause he did not pass it to the Wolfman.
Yeah, I remember the moment you're talking about, I was quite upset with him at that moment. But being 22, he's got tons of ability and lots of time to learn.

Storm's 1st try was a bad defensive read from Hiku as he came in on the man DCE had covered. When he realized his mistake it was too late.

In saying that there were one or two good defensive reads from Hiku and the try saver.

Storms 2nd try was worse though. Ligi Sao was marking nobody. Blake Green was his man. Big Willie was slow to cover the inside but it was still Sao who should have been all over Green.

Tonight was the first time all season that we had a fairly regular backline. Snake, Jorge, Peta, Skivy, Wolfman, Foran and DCE. It made a big difference.

But you know something? As good as it was to see something close to a full strength backline on the field for us, I thought it was our forwards who led the way tonight. Jake T, Horo, T-Red, Ferris and the Biscuit led the way tonight and allowed DCE to play as well as he did. In poor conditions our pack stood up tonight.

Tonight was the first time all season that we had a fairly regular backline. Snake, Jorge, Peta, Skivy, Wolfman, Foran and DCE. It made a big difference.

But you know something? As good as it was to see something close to a full strength backline on the field for us, I thought it was our forwards who led the way tonight. Jake T, Horo, T-Red, Ferris and the Biscuit led the way tonight and allowed DCE to play as well as he did. In poor conditions our pack stood up tonight.

Very true I feel that jake t & Sao have the potential to be a great front row for years to come.

A lot of experience in that back line, most are rep players.

A couple of times in the 2nd half melbourne kept going to the left toward matai & tafuas.The last few games the opposition would have scored.But there understanding tonight of each others game kept foiling melbourne.

Hiku made some early errors and was responsible for Melbournes first try by not sliding, that is something he needs to work on a bit, to be fair he has been playing out of position. The try saving tackle was right on the money. He hammered the guy when it seemed he must score. Lets hope that he learns to be consistent, he is a really good player.

When Peta made that tackle I was hiding my eyes from the live stream Nrl app on my phone.
Have seen it since. Champion effort.

Is that not the thing with young players? They take time to develop consistentcy- take peta how any games has he played in a row in one position ? The way he defended last night reminded me a touch of how inconsistent stevey m was when he first came into grade

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4