• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Bearfax said:
I think Hiku is more talented than Wolfman. He's got more guns in his arsenal. Great defender, great under the high ball, brings the ball back well, scores top tries and seems to position himself very well. :huh:

Totally disagre - yes, since Wolfie was traumatised in the GF, his confidence on the field is gone, but till the GF, Wolfie's skillset and attitude was superior :angel:

Jorge under the high ball is as effective as Wolfie is today.
Both can take the ball clean if there are no attackers closing in, but neither can contest the ball in traffic :-/
Hiku also dropped one on the weekend, only Blair seems to have the height advantage to contest the ball cleanly.

Jorge, unlike Wolfie, also dithers in bringing back the ball.
He somehow thinks that by shuffling in front of oncoming attackers, that he will sidestep them :huh:
If he just ran straight at the line, full speed, like Wolfie did, Jorge's added lower body strength would break them open like Matai does.

Jorge also has issues staying behind the ball carrier, so Foz/Matai can not offload as he is abreast of them :-/

Wolfie and Killer had a great understanding that I hope Hiku will mirror.

Hiku does not yet know when to com in on the LHS of Killer, but hopefully it will happen soon.
On the weekend, Killer made an amazing break along the sideline and had no one shadowing him on his left :-/

Lets hope that Jorge is refreshed and keen to make up for his abysmal defense up at Suncorp against Gillett :idea:

HoldenV8 said:
I still can't understand why the Warriors hadn't locked Peta into a long term deal before we swooped in and signed him. And from what I've read, after yesterday that same question is being asked by a lot of Warriors fans.

For mine, while he is killing it playing out of position on the wing, I still think his best position is fullback. But with Snake there, and Gutherson coming through I think Peta is being groomed as a long-term centre replacement for either Killer or Skivy when they are no longer around. But while Snake, Killer and Skivy are all still playing, on the wing is where Peta best fits, especially with The Wolf's well documented troubles. He's proved that he was too good to be left in NSW Cup and that he not only deserves his place in our top 17.....he deserves his place in our starting 13.

The Warriors may have had Kevin Locke as their FB at the time we signed Peta. But other than Manu, at the time they could have done with a good centre or winger (they'd already lost Inu to the Scumdogs and Baloney to the Rorters). Peta is one that definitely got away and I am glad that its Manly who got his signature on a contract.
To add a little insight to this matter. The Warriors did try to retain Peta and actually countered Manly's offer, however at the time Locke, Fish and others were ahead of Peta at the Warriors. One of the main factors in Peta deciding to choose Manly was they could guarantee him a better chance of 1st grade play. The ironic twist was had he stayed at the Warriors he would have played 1st grade anyway, however he very likely doesn't have the success he has had so far at Manly.

Another big reason was his parents wanted him to go to Manly. The opportunity and the experience to move over the ditch and play professional sport abroad is not an opportunity everyone gets. Especially coming from a humble upbringing that he did. It wasn't a easy one as he was also leaving his partner and young daughter as well.

Personally I was stoked being a Manly fan since 1990 that my nephew would be playing for our proud club. I knew he would be successful and made the right decision. To be able to play for a class organization with a winning culture and to be able to learn from elite players and coaching staff with premiership winning experience is huge. It has made his development as a player progress so much easier. He still obviously has parts of his game to improve on but this environment has really sped up the process.

When I look at what Peta has achieved already, even I find it hard to believe. Makes debut, wins Manly Rookie of the Year last year and sets a Manly record for metres playing in his first Finals game against the Roosters and MOM honours. This year scores 4 tries in a game, gains his first test cap for the Kiwis and is our leading try scorer playing out of position on the wing. He still has so much more learning and developing to do being so young so sky is the limit.

So I guess it was more Peta deciding to leave the Warriors for a better opportunity at the time, then the Warriors locking him up long term when he was still part of the U20 team. Sure in hindsight they probably wished they locked him up early, but the Warriors had just won back to back NYC comps and others were probably deemed more important. Either way I'm glad how things worked out.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6