1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hiku offer

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by bones, Apr 4, 2014.

1. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    From zero tackle:

The Manly Sea Eagles have offered Peta Hiku a three-year deal they hope will convince him to remain on the Northern Beaches.

Hiku’s manager, Stan Martin, flew in from New Zealand to fast-track negotiations this week and the Sea Eagles have formally tabled a deal for him to remain until the end of 2016. While Canterbury’s interest has been well publicised, the wildcard is another Sydney club which has weighed in with a deal significantly higher than that of last year’s grand finalists.

Hiku has made it clear his preference is to stay at the club which gave him an NRL start and Manly will be given a final opportunity next week to bridge the gap between theirs and the more lucrative offer.

• Like Like x 3
  2. RiverEagle

RiverEagle New Member

Ratings:
    +1,055 / 0
    That's encouraging @bones. Hopefully we can offer the kid enough to keep him here.

By 2016 he'd be well and truly established and we should be in a position to substantially upgrade, and reward him for sticking.

3. StuBoot

StuBoot Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +796 / 7
    So, his preference is to stay.... but not for less $$ than elsewhwere?

We've made an offer but still have to up the ante.

So really his preference is to play where he gets paid more.

Whats more lucrative than playing for Manly?

4. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    must have heard how much the "fans" want to pay Glenn

5. Eagles2nv

Eagles2nv New Team, New Beginnings 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,410 / 35
    Well i guess this is some positive news. I really hope we keep young Hiku, but I really fear that someone is going to offer more than we can afford.

He will get a permanent spot in the future. But he probably isnt willing to wait for it.

Im still surprised we renewed wolfy contract over Hiku.

6. ManlyArmy

ManlyArmy Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +939 / 23
    I like how the Roosters are using Tuivasa-Sheck and Minichello. Having them swap between Wing and Fullback throughout the match. I think Snake and Hiku should try it.

7. castle eagle

castle eagle Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

newcastle
    Ratings:
    +653 / 6
    go to:
    http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/manly-offers-peta-hiku-a-new-threeyear-deal-but-rival-clubs-circle-20140404-zqqrt.html

there is a more in-depth article on this

8. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    How much is he offered?

9. double hoops

double hoops Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,633 / 113
    It sounds like a reasonable offer. I can't imagine the Eagles will have many more dollars in the cap to offer this time round son. But I am sure you won't regret it if ya stay.

10. Ralphie

Ralphie Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Bredbo
    Ratings:
    +2,093 / 231
    Let him go, we have Gutherson there to take over from Snake. Use his money to keep Glen.

11. mike walker

mike walker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +556 / 2
    g'day all, I don't think it makes any difference what we do about Peta it seems that somehow the league says that Glen is worth more than we are offering and what he would accept which is ridiculous when it was widely reported that lockyer was apparently only taking up $250,000 of brisbanes cap for years.Didnt seem to be a problem then?
    cheers mike

• Like Like x 4