Hiku / Hunt comparable??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
A long way to go but watching Hiku his style is very comparable to a young Carmichael Hunt. Very, very strong & aggressive & though not a genuine speedster has that explosive pace out of the blocks.
His step is not as dynamic, though still pretty reasonable & seems fearless which was Hunts best attribute imo.
Yes I realise he is not at Hunts level yet, but considering his limited NRL career I see many similarities.
Fair call or has the Wild Turkey caught up with me??

Hunt's yet to sign for next year i believe.
But yer a fair assessment, I think Hiku will go really well after another off season with Manly. A bit more bulk and more getting into the Manly system.

They do resemble each other to a point. I'm pretty sure Hiku could pull his own roots however. lol

Isn't Hiku a lot shorter and lighter than Hunt?
Hunt was very physical. I would think Hiku tries to evade players rather than run over the top of them. Hunt certainly was courageous, but that could just mean he was too dumb to realise it's easier to side-step than bulldoze.
Hiku has impressed since moving to fullback. I must admit I was disappointed in his debut as a winger. My initial judgement was wrong. He has a lot of talent.

Not so sure about the Hunt comparison.

Hiku's best quality I reckon is he is so keen to get involved in the game. Would be easy to hang back and wait for the action but he seems to go looking for it, which is a great quality in a young player with so little NRL experience.

Near enough to MOM after just a handful of games says it all, there is no reason he won't continue to develop - and he has his own 'Hiku' style.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Not so sure about the Hunt comparison.

Hiku's best quality I reckon is he is so keen to get involved in the game. Would be easy to hang back and wait for the action but he seems to go looking for it, which is a great quality in a young player with so little NRL experience.

Near enough to MOM after just a handful of games says it all, there is no reason he won't continue to develop - and he has his own 'Hiku' style.

Same. I think Hunt was alot more composed when he started. He was pretty much solid under the high ball from the get go. On the attack side of things, what a fullback does these days has changed so much even from Hunts days in the NRL, I think its difficult to make those sorts of comparisions.

Can't see what you're getting at honestly. Hiku Doesn't doesn't have Hunts Speed or killer step. And Hunt was a **** Bronco and Qlder.

I can't see the comparison. Hunt was quick and he was a monster in defence. I remember one SOO where he lined up Hoffman everytime and sent him back to Melbourne his hits were impressive.
I do like Hiku though he's a busy player and runs the ball hard.

Admittedly very early to make this comparison but can note a few points worth considering -
Very involved around the football.
Fearless at a young age.
Ppl think Hunt just used that big step but he was often very direct trampling defenders when running the ball, especially off kick returns.
Does have a step ( only half that of Hunts ) but elusive all the same.
Hits very hard & will show this - keep in mind the minimal NRL experience.
Is super competitive & aggressive.
Good under the high ball for a rookie.
Similar explosive speed - Hunt was in the Tafua catagory - not the genuine pace of Snake or the Morris twins.
By no means the quality of Hunt at the peak of his NRL career but tbh, I can recall Hunt improving dramatically with more 1st grade experience than 3-4 games.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Settle down everyone, Nicci can only get away with this because ...
Lol.I try to be on my best behaviour but sometimes.....:s

anthonyb1965 said:
Bird up MK :)
This thread is perfect leading up to tonights clash - copped some tough opposition ...with some...fair points = Bird up starts 5ish this arvo mate. ;)
Will need Carmichael Hiku at his best!! :p

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6