Hiku Couldn't Believe He Was Shown The Door

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I often got confused with Peta and the Horoscope in the run of play.

View attachment 2818

Yeh same, particularly in photos from training. Maybe that was his undoing, @:mask: blending in too well and bumping up Horo's match stats, next year must have DWZ salivating at his super coach points increase :rock:

If DWZ grows the beard, watch those stats

Haha true I forgot about him.

I always thought Bani had potential there but when we swapped him for Wolfie I realised that wingers are pretty replaceable. That held true until Williame got first grade game time.

Edited
When Hicks left after 2007, Bani actually got first crack at the vacant wing spot in 2008 and scored 5 tries in the first 6 games. Then I think he did his shoulder against either the Speels or Scumdogs and that was that. From round 9 of that year the Wolfman came in and Bani only played 1 more first grade game for us against Newcastle when Snake was on Origin duty (Robbo played fullback that game). Then we basically sent him to the Cows before 2009 and got Farrar in return.

Last I heard Michael Bani was last playing for the Goulburn Workers.

Last edited:
We actually swapped Bani for Farrar (NQ). Bani did his shoulder in early 2008 which gave the Wolfman his chance in first grade.

Last I heard Michael Bani was last playing for the Goulburn Workers.
Your brain is working better than mine today! I've got that whole deal muddled up.

Your brain is working better than mine today! I've got that whole deal muddled up.

I had to edit my post because I got myself muddled up lol

I'm pretty sure Bani did his shoulder at Parramatta Stadium in Rd.6. He played the next game but his shoulder kept him out for well almost 2 months, by which time the Wolfman had scored 5 tries in 7 games and Bani was kept in the reggies.

http://m.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-p...nrl-market-watch/story-fn2mcuj6-1227646244116

Sounds like Waqa Blake or one of the younger Jennings brother's is unhappy with the Hiku signing. I suspect Blake, after earning a city origin jumper looks more likely.
I was impressed with Rob Jennings last year in his few appearances but they're all talented.
Would any of these 3 be a good pick up for the right money? Who would be the most promising in everyone's opinion?

I think we are OK for backup centres really - don;t forget Satini, who would have filled in for us last year if he weren;t injured. He's only about 21/22, and is big and strong. Moltzen can play centres, or 5/8 and let Walker switch there if Lyon/Matai get injured. As for Williame - hey, maybe the club sees something we don't...they didn't cut him when others have been let go.

I personally think Jorge would make a great centre, very much in the mould of Skivvi. But bigger...

Bani is a running joke in my house. When an outside back bombs a try must of been Bani.

Sounds like Barrett looked after Hiku as much as possible and was pretty honest.
It gives me a lot of confidence that a guy that was shown the door by Barrett unexpectedly says he has a lot of respect for him.
Hiku left with class. Only 23 and more wise behind the ears then a certain Botox warrior

I can understand them letting Hiku go but it pains me. He is not the best 5/8, fullback, centre or winger we have but he is a world class player. We ask players to stay true to the Club and take less to be here. Hiku did that, ever though not playing in a favoured position.

So often players are pretty ordinary people. They have spent a life of being told how great they are and paid far too much money. We accept this attitude from some if they play well.

So to have a player of the calibre Hiku, a decent bloke, would (and has) stayed at the Club for less coin and only 23 (only 10 years to regret the decision) it does hurt.

The only saving grace for me is he absolutely deserves the extra money he will receive.

I think it might be a bot.
Bots are fine if they don't intrude.

But when they're continually in your ear preaching to you about what you should think, and how you should be, and call you "my friend" or similar like your manipulative aunty, the vomit starts rising with a mind of its own.

11828696_1038607109513453_7409729172804011169_n.jpg
Bots are fine if they don't intrude.

But when they're continually in your ear preaching to you about what you should think, and how you should be, and call you "my friend" or similar like your manipulative aunty, the vomit starts rising with a mind of its own.
We may all have different views but in the end it is us against the rest of all the NRL . We are all Manly supporters and all feathered friends
Go the mighty Sea eagles !!! :)

View attachment 2821
We may all have different views but in the end it is us against the rest of all the NRL . We are all Manly supporters and all feathered friends
Go the mighty Sea eagles !!! :)
Having a view, and expressing it is in itself not a problem. We can all hold different opinions about our common interest, the Mighty Manly Sea Eagles, with no issues.

It can quickly become disrespectful when:
1. We loudly shout our opinions - either through frequency or emotion. This effectively communicates that others' opinion don't matter - only ours do.
2. It turns into moralising. Moralising communicates that the other's thoughts and feelings don't matter. And that only the speaker holds the truth. Moralising is an act of violence, and certainly not an "us" stance.

Like others, I've indicated that I don't want you to call me "feathered friend", and yet you continue to do this. Why? Is this to deliberately goad us? To show that you don't respect us?

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6