Hiku Couldn't Believe He Was Shown The Door

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I wish Peta the best luck with his new club. We have witnessed so much ruthless culling of our squad. I just hope the new players gel into the team and the coach is allowed to do his stuff without having to deal with the politics that has dogged our club for far too long.

Dumb - Stewart, Matai or Lyon should have gone before Hiku, getting rid of youth when you have 3 senior players potentially all finishing up at the same time is something the Australian cricket team would do (not to say they have nothing to offer but eventually there going to have to move on).

He hasn't forgotten how he was outmanoeuvred. However it was the man whose coattails he's been hanging off for the last fifty-odd years that pulled it off. So he will just have to grumble in quiet, along with Snorba and Gimpp.

Very happy that Peta has his future sorted now. Securing an upgraded contract and $150k extra a year at Penrith while playing at one of his preferred positions softens the blow of leaving Manly a bit. Also joining a side that could be a possible darkhorse contender if they avoid major injuries is exciting as well.

There is also a big Kiwi contingent of players at the Panthers which will help him settle in and feel at home. I saw on Peta's facebook our very own Joe G welcoming him to the neighbourhood which I thought was cool. With Peta and his partner Lisa expecting their first child thats important.

I hope he takes the next step forward in his career there, continues to improve his game and becomes an even better player. While one door shuts, another opens and new opportunities present themself.

While I obviously would haved preferred his future remained here at Manly I understand to an extent the reasons they let him go. Still doesn't make it easier for me to accept but I am coming to peace with the decision.

Trent and Bozo have a plan which they believe will bring success again to the club, so I can only hope and trust this is the case. They have made quality acquisitions this off season, which have strengthened the playing roster considerably while offloading some excess baggage.

At the end of the day I was blessed to see the neph Peta play for my beloved team for 3 years. He made his NRL debut here and went on to achieve many things from team top tryscorer to record metres run in a game to becoming a Kiwi international.

I personally don't think he achieve's these accolades and success so quickly at any other club. The skills and knowledge he must have learnt from our experienced veterans has to have been invaluable in his development.

Manly will always be a part of Peta, because without them he may never have become the player he is now. He has exceeded my expectations by a mile as I thought Peta may just end up a NSW Cup player who gets a few runs in top grade. He damn blew that theory away lol!!!

@Jax24 please make sure that Peta knows we appreciate him and his attitude and efforts while at Manly. He appears to be a fiine young man and deserves the best.
I second this. Also Peta giving back to the local kids footy, Narraweena Hawks, is really appreciated.

Zorba is safe

In the category of 'number of NRL wins as coach' I think you'll find our coach has the worst stats.

:rofl: This is true. At least Baz is also the only undefeated coach in the NRL.
Guy's like Bennett, Bellamy, Ha$ler even the Dalai should take notes!

Jeez Peta looks similar to that other Panther.. I mean I know they're bro's but I might get them mixed up in the run of play next year..
Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
268775-fa6de930-4dae-11e4-9e77-7409857ba1a2.jpg

1450160096084.jpg

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7