Highest of the highs apart from GF day

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The "under the radar" culture Dessie developed.  In contrast with the whinger culture at the Storm.

True CIG, an image that will always stick in my mind was King in the sheds tipping the table upside down thinking his season was gone

My favourite sight regarding Kingy was in the GF in the lead up to Kite' try. He got the ball 5m out and was pounced on straight away then stood there like a colossal until support came in LeSnak who then got it off to Kitey for the try.

Kingy deadset looked a foot taller than anyone out there in that moment.

Thanks all for those considered reflections.
Great to finish the year on Kingy and his excellent end to a difficult road in 08. He's also a great example of coach Hasler's contribution to the success: a player with size and talent but (like most) significant flaws who, with the hard work and team commitment and discipline, was able to play to his potential more often than not as all the time the team has steadily improved (I'm also thinking Hall, Bryant, Williamson).

Happy new year to all.

ps. one more personal highlight, seeing cutaways of Dessie doing his block about something up in the coach's box.

You guys have pretty much covered thread well with all the replies and some great ones at that.

For me personally the two wins over parra scum and the crushing win over shark scum were both great though there were many through out the year.

* Spilling beer on some stupid girl in front of us during the GF - The only time her and her limp wristed boyfriend said or did anything during the game, which was nothing but a ball-lacking look. Then continuing the beer massacre throughout the game.

* Smashing 4,000 beers at the Novotel pre-game (pretense for item one) and being groped by random Manly fans due to my (as well as DVS' )epic facepaint-mo and wig.

* Shouting "We're #1.." and holding up my index finger for the next 24 hours constantly to whoever I came in contact with.

* Not working until 12pm the following day and wearing a freshly printed "Premiers 2008" shirt. Bought outside the leagues club less than 12 hours before.

* Vaugley recalling the tries from the second half (consequence of item's 2 and 1).

* The endless manlove with anyone wearing maroon.

Not exactly in the true spirit of the thread, but maybe a few less mentioned/common highlights of the day. Come on, can we ever get tired of discussing it?

jealous johno
my alcohol intake that day was 2 beers as i had to fly out of sydney at birds fart so i could drive to ballina by midday

ah well i was high on maroon and white pride

look back on the walk and the drive back to the club, i think i was stunned and in total disbeif of wat i had witnessed.

Gruggy link said:
* Spilling beer on some stupid girl in front of us during the GF - The only time her and her limp wristed boyfriend said or did anything during the game, which was nothing but a ball-lacking look. Then continuing the beer massacre throughout the game.

* Smashing 4,000 beers at the Novotel pre-game (pretense for item one) and being groped by random Manly fans due to my (as well as DVS' )epic facepaint-mo and wig.

* Shouting \"We're #1..\" and holding up my index finger for the next 24 hours constantly to whoever I came in contact with.

* Not working until 12pm the following day and wearing a freshly printed \"Premiers 2008\" shirt. Bought outside the leagues club less than 12 hours before.

* Vaugley recalling the tries from the second half (consequence of item's 2 and 1).

* The endless manlove with anyone wearing maroon.

Not exactly in the true spirit of the thread, but maybe a few less mentioned/common highlights of the day. Come on, can we ever get tired of discussing it?

what he said

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6