Highest of the highs apart from GF day

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That tackle was huge, when they show the wide angle and they show Bell sprinting, Kite is just trotting along slowly, then he all of a sudden covers the last 20 or so metres in a flash and smashes Tate with a perfect tackle. That was a huuuuuuuge tackle and effort and showed no one was taking anything from Manly this year

Just a personal moment for me was when Kite started laying into Crocker.
It was like the little kid at school finally standing up to the bully and really made a statement that we were not going to take any more sh!t from the Storm.

The crowd around me went absolutely crazy, i remember one old man next to me was so fired up he had tears swelling up in his eyes! i think he would have thrown a few if he could have made it on the field.

Kite on Tate, Kite on Crocker, Kite's GF try. I think there is a theme coming through here. Onya Kitey! In truth the whole pack was very good the whole year and laid the foundation for a huge season.

ManlyBacker link said:
Kite on Tate, Kite on Crocker, Kite's GF try. I think there is a theme coming through here. Onya Kitey! In truth the whole pack was very good the whole year and laid the foundation for a huge season.

from the ad on MSE  LOL

[img=400x263]http://www.lookpic.com/files/vid.JPG[/img]

Definitely the Storm game at Brookie, even though we didn't win, we were under-strength up against a full strength Storm outfit. I walked away from that game so hyped up and knew we were going to smash them the next time we played.

gee when you think about it there are so many good memories from this season
The Parra game in the wet with the huge injury toll was a highlight for me and possibly put an end to Parra for this year

Talked about this with two Souths tragics yesterday.  The felt that they'd done Manly a service in beating us.  "Woke up the beast", they said.  Don't know if I agreed as I just hate losing to Souths, but that was their thoughts.   

we were just coming off the loss to the storm, souths just got us at the right time.  they shouldn't be taking any credit fir it

Souths fans will cling to anything they bloody well can won't they

Pepi link said:
Just a personal moment for me was when Kite started laying into Crocker.
It was like the little kid at school finally standing up to the bully and really made a statement that we were not going to take any more sh!t from the Storm.

The crowd around me went absolutely crazy, i remember one old man next to me was so fired up he had tears swelling up in his eyes! i think he would have thrown a few if he could have made it on the field.
same game matai on captain grappler
shut him up for the rest of the match

I thought Cliffys highlight would have been the article about a bandaid being found in a dominos pizza :)

I watched the GF replay on fox last night and was reminded of another season highlight

Brett Stewart's passing game, the round the back offload to Matai and the thru the legs pass against the Warriors topped off by the flick to Bell in the GF emphasised his freakish abilty.

great thread guys!!
for me the were a few highlights
1.the parra game where our bench was decimated by injury and bryants efort.
2.the sharks game at shark park.the game was built as a top of the table clash.the sharks was talkin themselves up.when we smashed them inthe first 20 minutes we got their respect and everybody elses,including bellamy.we had set the benchmark.sticky said it,then gallen said it,then a few days later bellamy said it.hasler said we were flying under the radar.
3.nathan browns post comment after the dragonsv storm match.not so much a highlight but a turning point in the season.he had enough of the nrl's soft approach to the storms gutter tactics and urged every team to go out and bash the storm.it happened and storm were shot ducks come finals time.funny enough,also nathan brown along with andrew johns tipped manly to win the gf on the footy show during the final series.
4.ballin/l'strange combination at hooker as welll as the lyon 5/8.masterstroke by hasler and the coaching staff.ballin started the matches during the armwrestle period of the games,and 2nd half l'stranges zippiness aroung the ruck exposed tiring forwards.manly ran away with the game most times in the 2nd half.lyon's contribution at 5/8 gave the team more options in attack and kicking game which help bring ox's game to new level.bamboozled the oppositions defence.the winning margins in the finals series and gf proved this.

Interesting thing is I felt heaps better when Lyon came back into the squad because of his defense.  His defense stiffened the whole backline which then went on to dominate all others.  I agree with your fourth point Sharx, that combination of Ballin and LeSnak was incredibly effective.  Players such as King, Perry, LeSnak, Choc, Bryant all improved on their 07 games.  Actually the whole side grew in confidence and ability during the season. Other teams just ran on the spot and didn't/couldn't get any improvement in their game.  The Eagles just got better all year.  A superlative season which I predict will be mirrored in 09.

Well at this stage I can't see anybody who can beat us if we get a fair run with injuries again.

Maybe Warriors & Cowboys (a big if) would be our main threats.

Storm/Broncos will be weaker, Roosters are another year older and their forwards were too old & slow this year, Cronulla enough said, St George could come last or Top 4 while the rest are nothing more than plodders.

DSM5 link said:
Interesting thing is I felt heaps better when Lyon came back into the squad because of his defense.  His defense stiffened the whole backline which then went on to dominate all others.  I agree with your fourth point Sharx, that combination of Ballin and LeSnak was incredibly effective.  Players such as King, Perry, LeSnak, Choc, Bryant all improved on their 07 games.   Actually the whole side grew in confidence and ability during the season. Other teams just ran on the spot and didn't/couldn't get any improvement in their game.  The Eagles just got better all year.  A superlative season which I predict will be mirrored in 09.
how was orford in 08 :p

Not a game, an attitude.

At the Post Match Function after the Titans game on the Goldie and towards the end of the night after everyone got their autographs and photo's, most of the players were up one end having a few beers. So me being me I sidled up, stuck myself in the middle and starting having a chat.

Their attitude was plain to see, we are here for each other, we are here for you fans and we are GOING to win!!

I don't think I have ever been so proud of them!!!!!

Cliffy, I thought Orford had a mixed year.  At times he was befuddled, blinded by the onrushing hordes, confused in attack and his kicking was crap.  Towards the end of the season he got his act together, probably due to the Dally M which I thought he was lucky to get and the improvement in Lyon at 5/8.  Good luck to him in 09 and hopefully he'll pass on the kicks and concentrate on distributing more and getting a go forward thing happening.  To sum up, the whole team lifted and he did as well.         

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4