Herritige round rule changes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
tulley link said:
where the lock wore NO.8 jersey and the hooker wore No. 12.  Where a player who had just played a full game in reserves could be brought on in the main game after an injury in the first couple of minutes.      Where the zambuk [ambulance man] would run on with his case which would serve as his seat on the sideline, and finally where a guard of modesty was formed by players of both teams when someone ripped their shorts and needed to change them on the field, those were the days.         

...and to be eligible to sit on the bench for first grade you have to have played at least half a game in reggies.

Bring back 5-10 minute breaks between the 1st and reserve grade matches instead of the boring 40 minute wait we have now.

Well, what a response.I am WRAPT with it all.

Cheers crew and lets hope the powers that be will see the light and throw away the new and bring back the old for one round a year..lol

How about addidas trackies and old thick as a brick,straight out of the hot water in a cup,mouth guards.

Vaso on the thighs put on with a trowl and vics vapour rub under the nose.

Take a deep whiff and the memories come flooding back.Give the old balls a scratch with decorub fingers for good measure.

Go Manly

All in brawls between the 2 teams and only 4 players going to sin bin.
Players wearing electrical tape around there heads.
Jersey with neck tie up and no buttons.
Padded bicycle pants

Women barred from the dressing rooms.

Hot pies AND cold beer.

The Skull doing-one armed push ups for the St George idiots.

Laurie Nichols doing a series of uppercuts after the Tiges scored.

Sitting on the grass at the SCG watching Australia beat the Poms again.

Someone finding Cliffy's cigs so he could warm up for the game (that probably hasn't changed).

maybe we should partition the league. Gallop's a forward thinker, an innovator, I'd say he'd be all over this............

Mybludog link said:
maybe we should partition the league.

Are you sure Russ, most people think we should bring it all under the one banner rather than partition it!

Joe the peanut man would definitely need to be invited back along with the bloke that used to throw the boomerang between the goal posts.

Great thread!!

I think all coloured boots should be banned for this round. Just black boots with black tape.

Bradza link said:
[quote author=Mybludog link=topic=184827.msg287301#msg287301 date=1282689141]
maybe we should partition the league.

Are you sure Russ, most people think we should bring it all under the one banner rather than partition it!

[/quote]
You guys crack me up. Nice one, Bradza.
Ppl who use spoonerisms etc without realising it, make the funniest one-liners.

There was another one in the 2008 grand final thread that said Steve Bell could "brake" a tackle.

I love guys who can stop tackles.

Smelling salts, when a player gets knocked out. Benny Elias I am sure took dives and pretended to be out so he could get another whiff of the salts.

Aah the good old days..."those were the days my friend, we'd thought they'd never end we'd sing and dance forever and a day" (or something like that).

Being the age I am there are somethings I'd very much like to go back to the way they were....probably back to when I was young and single and all you thought about was beer and sex.....whoops that was yesterday!!

Reserve grade,boomerangs thrown around the posts,having a durrie in peace,and no brain-dead gorillas in fluro shirts trying to intimidate you. And let me take a milk crate to stand on.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4