here we go again-Dogs chasing DCE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

castle eagle

Bencher
Tipping Member
Dogs chasing DCE?
We've been hearing Canterbury have made discreet inquiries about Manly superstar Daly Cherry-Evans. The Bulldogs missed out on his halves partner, Kieran Foran, but ''DCE'' also has a strong bond with his former coach Des Hasler. There's also strong mail Canberra are on the hunt for Sea Eagles forward Glenn Stewart. Watch this space.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/wests-tigers-may-link-with-woodies-20131221-2zs14.html#ixzz2o7yY6S7H

it wouldn't be an off season without something like this being printed.

DCE is the priority for Manly retention efforts.

He was overlooked by the Son of Sam for Hodkinson - so hard to fathom that comment on their relationship :huh:

The Dogs are a poor club that can not produce locals that are top NRL players, they have to buy players so they can keep up with the stronger clubs. Most players will only go there for the money and that kills their career because its all for the money - Hodko & TRex.

A club with no heart who's coach went their for the money too.

Brissie Kid said:
I've had a a gutful of the salary cap. It just ruins a club's hard work at developing unknowns into premiership winners. Why should I become a club member when the NRL allows my club to be pillaged by others?

The Cap is what allowed us to rebuild in the early-mid 00's as we could pick up other players from clubs that could not prioritise them into their squads.

No point bagging a system that once aided us, just because we are one of the few to now struggle to keep players due to our success. As Manly have shown, success doesn't have to be an up-and-down cycle as the Cap hits.

Sit back and enjoy what we're achieving whilst the likes of Parra, Easts and the Dragons floundered after making GFs in recent years.

Hmmmm
Let's say you were his agent

How to get his price up? How about float the rumour of a deal with the club that manly would hate to lose a star player too (think the fan outburst , discontent at board level)

The only time stories like this will not appear is the day after he signs a new contract...they will start again a year after that

Take it as a compliment, theres only a few players with the ability to have every other NRL club after them & DCE fits into this category.
In a perfect world we would keep every player but with the salary cap doing its job its not possible.
This is where its up to the clubs to produce quality youngsters & sign them up for long contracts. Teams like Parra & Broncos are examples of clubs who have a massive pool of quality youngsters that end up elsewhere & then they are forced to pay overs.
Manly have great recruitment , weeding the potential NRL players into the top grade & purchasing players that have potential & having them buy into the great culture that has been developed from the top in the past 10 years.
I hate Dogs like most here, but its not a sin to hunt quality players that can win you a premiership, long as its not underhanded & scheming by those involved.....& you dont have 2 or 3 Chook books.....

In just hoping the broncos get smith.. That will surely take them, I think the biggest threat of signing dce out of the running.... If killer also only wants two years, we should have his money to secure cherry also.. Im been optimistic, but I don't think we will lose anyone of note...possibly glen, depending how much Glenn wants for his final contract.. Keeping our halves is paramount.

Haha! What a load of ****e. Must be the easiest job in the world being a journo. Just make crap up! I can tell you guys something that I know for a fact. DCE has absolutely no particular "strong bond" with Des. Nor did he ever have an undying mateship with Barba (as the journo's kept "reporting")

Here is the truth. DCE has the strongest bond of all, and is deadly loyal to his family, and then Manly. I would bet my last dollar that IF Daly ever even entertained the thought of leaving Manly, Manly will know about it looonng before any ****pot newspaper gets wind of it.

Daly is honest, loyal and one of the most genuine, upfront guys you would ever be fortunate enough to meet. He is the mirror image of Steve Menzies in personality and ethics.

On the other hand, the Bronco's are very quickly sinking to the Dogs level in the integrity field. I can't see Daly falling for their slimy, palm greasing ways. Why would you leave Heaven to live in the stink and filth of a club so well known for their dirty ways? Money?? DCE is not that sort of bloke.

Who wouldn't be chasing the best half I've seen since Sterlo. Watching Parra in the eighties it was the Sterlo Kenny show with a few bit part players. DCE and Foz are in that same class and can deliver us premierships on their ability. They'll be Sea Eagles for life.

Will DCE be on the same public transport Jamie Lyon was on to get to The Gold Coast, Kieran Foran was to both The Roosters and Bulldogs, DCE was to the Bronco's, Steve Matai was to the Sharks, Brett Stewart was to The Bulldogs and Dragons, David Williams was to Melbourne, Matt Ballin was to The Broncos & Titans, Anthony Watmough was to The Storm (one of my personal favorites), and Glenn Stewart was to The Dragons in recent years?

LOL.

If Manly want these players, they'll be here. Culture and mateship is hard to give up on. Like Choc says, who'd leave their mates for a coach, apart from maybe that sped Darius (tissues to the lips) Boyd.

globaleagle said:
WHO LET THE DOGS OUT?????

- Their parole officers

You're just too funny for this crowd.

Have a pic of a spider with 7 legs as payment.

Didnt we try and extend dce last year and he declined? Apart from mozgramme posts setting me at ease, it's a bit of a worry he didn't want to extend.

joeboy said:
Didnt we try and extend dce last year and he declined? Apart from mozgramme posts setting me at ease, it's a bit of a worry he didn't want to extend.

You're very welcome. I should remind you though that the same person that told me about Barbas intentions of signing with the Bronco's, before last season even started, has told me he believes DCE would return to Qld if the money was right.

Please note however, I do not believe him. ;)

Hopefully Vessa wants to stick around manly and hence daly does too.. I think our big contracts run out just when the next round of upgrades are due..

I'd happily lose someone like gift in the twilight of his career to keep cherry..

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4