Helping with the Floods

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
There is also set to be a charity cricket match held on the 28th January at Manly Oval, starring members of the Manly Sea Eagles squad.

..  thats my birthday ;)...

The other thing you can do if you live in or near Brisbane is volunteer to help....my wife and I spent 9 hours today in two streets helping 3 sets of people clean their houses out......a truly heartbreaking and sad experience BUT also a heart warming one in that I now feel I have done something other than just donate some money. It's on again tomorrow (Sunday) and is set to continue all through the week, although for many it will be back to work as usual come Monday.

how did you fare Mark, did you have any damage ?

Post  automatically merged: [time]1295125198[/time]

AUCTION DETAILS
Auction #: 1372 Starting Bid: $500.00
Close Date Time: 14/2/2011 6:10:00 PM Increment: $10.00
Current Date Time: 16/1/2011 7:59:35 AM Minimum Bid: $1,160.00
Time to go: 29 days 10 hrs 11 mins Current Bidder: L.H. Terrigal NSW
Delivery Charge: $10.00 Number of Bids: 13

All good mate, we live in Taringa which is an affected suburb as much of it borders the river...we however are back up in the hills so high up and no drama's at all.The only thing we suffered was a loss of power...but I have a 4WD set up for off road touring so was able to fire up the Waeco Fridge and store my meat and perishables. The dual battery system allows me 3 days without running the Prado so it worked a charm. We had lanterns, and the gas BBQ and camp stove so no problems there. Power is back now so all good. My office in the city is near Spring Hill....and as the name suggests on a hill, the affected CBD areas were down near the water...surprisingly we had power on at the office the whole time so I was able to remote access from the lap top and advise clients I wasn't going to be at work.

Can someone tell me why there's a signed Essendon jersey in the auction section of the mwse site?

http://www.manlyseaeagles.com.au/Auction.asp?a=1360

swoop link said:
Can someone tell me why there's a signed Essendon jersey in the auction section of the mwse site?

http://www.manlyseaeagles.com.au/Auction.asp?a=1360

Or John Eales signed jersey

I mentioned this on another thread BUT a number of the NRL teams sent players up today to help with flood recovery, great publicity and the NRL would be paying so...come on Manly do you thing!!

Mark from Brisbane link said:
I mentioned this on another thread BUT a number of the NRL teams sent players up today to help with flood recovery, great publicity and the NRL would be paying so...come on Manly do you thing!!

Manly is helping in a financial way,not so much an active way,or should i say our squad is

Yes understand that, but it was an excellent opportunity today for some real positive publicity.....not taken up!!

Yes understand that, but it was an excellent opportunity today for some real positive publicity.....not taken up!!

We have a great assocciation the the scse and
should have had a few of our NRL players up there lending a hand.

Yes Swoop we should have, and as I say a fair chance the NRL would have picked up the tab on the airfares.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1295349459[/time]

And if you didn't know what was happening up this way, this multimedia presentation encaptulates the true spirit of the last few days. 

http://media01.couriermail.com.au/multimedia/FourDaysThatHealedOurHearts/day1/index.html

As I said in the original post it should have been organised (the SCSE).

Apart from them we did have a good relationship at one stage with the Wynnunm Manly Seagulls (not to mention that Kougari Oval is a great place to play, played there myself years ago.) parts of the Wynnum area did get flooded not to mention Hemmant (around my work).

While Brisbane Easts Senior ground didn't get flooded the Juniors did from my understandingcould have been another option

Too right Mark, looking on local news I've seen Farah and Ennis, amongst others - and they are two of my most hated! But alas not an Eagle in sight. Well done to the players/clubs that have shown up, yes even Farah and Ennis!

I don't actually know if this was an NRL organised event, or if it was done club by club...to be fair on the Sea Eagles management (or at least giving them the Benefit of the Doubt)....they maybe were not asked.

And they are doing their Twenty20 Cricket thing so they are doing something BUT it would have been great to see a few Eagles up here as well especially with SEQ being such a strong area for support.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4