Helping with the Floods

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagles2win

Bencher
While I'm not really effected by the floods in a large way (only in a small way - possibly not working tommorow) been thinking, since we've (Manly)only got 2 trial games at the moment could someone at the club/ with the club purpose this -

A game against the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles (may not be a tight game but would help the Sunny Coast none the less). With the gate going to the flood appeal might not be huge but as they say every little bit helps.
The players playing gear from this game could then be auctioned off to make more money for the flood appeal.
This in part would would give Manly more positive media.
I would suggested a trial against either the Titans or the Broncos but I'm pretty sure they've already announced there's.

A great idea.....I think it would really show some team and community spirit to those in QLD. The SC Eagles have been good for us

Just read  =  Players from Parramatta, Penrith, Wests Tigers and Canterbury are all planning to converge on the disaster zones of Ipswich, Toowoomba and Brisbane early next week.

Any word on our players?

Matt Ballin has today pledged to auction off his State of Origin Game One 2010 jersey to help raise much needed funds for those affected by the Queensland floods. The boys are rallying behind him and are thinking up some fundraising ideas. Watch this space.

http://www.facebook.com/ManlySeaEagles

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
Matt Ballin has today pledged to auction off his State of Origin Game One 2010 jersey to help raise much needed funds for those affected by the Queensland floods. The boys are rallying behind him and are thinking up some fundraising ideas. Watch this space.

http://www.facebook.com/ManlySeaEagles

Matt Ballin....i love you!
That gave me a tear in my eye,his giving away something so precious for the qlders who desperately need relief......

Just on Matty Ballins auction. I am putting $100 up towards an auction bid. And so far i have found 12 people willing to also throw in $100 to add to that bid. If my bid ends up being the winning bid i am going to give the jersey back to Matt Ballin. Any other genuinely interested people willing to part with $100 to keep the jersey where it belongs and more importantly help the people of QLD it would be greatly appreciated.  I called the Sea Eagles today the auction will be going up over the next day or two and will run for a week.

Jeez thats a big offer from matt.
Surely he could just pull 5k outta the bank instead and make a donation, cause a SOO jumper is priceless to him.
He might be ok with parting with it now but as ya get older and start to look back on your life......I just can't help but feel that some years down the track, if he doesnt play SOO again, in some way he'll regret giving it up. 
I know its for a good cause and god bless him but houses will be rebuilt and the qlders will recover.......but he wont get the jersey back!

Pablo link said:
Jeez thats a big offer from matt.
Surely he could just pull 5k outta the bank instead and make a donation, cause a SOO jumper is priceless to him.
He might be ok with parting with it now but as ya get older and start to look back on your life......I just can't help but feel that some years down the track, if he doesnt play SOO again, in some way he'll regret giving it up. 
I know its for a good cause and god bless him but houses will be rebuilt and the qlders will recover.......but he wont get the jersey back!

Pablo if you knew Matt Ballin you would know helping his hometown, friends and family would be worth more to him than a piece of polyester hanging in the cupboard. You don't need the jersey to prove you played.

Bones link said:
Just on Matty Ballins auction. I am putting $100 up towards an auction bid. And so far i have found 12 people willing to also throw in $100 to add to that bid. If my bid ends up being the winning bid i am going to give the jersey back to Matt Ballin. Any other genuinely interested people willing to part with $100 to keep the jersey where it belongs and more importantly help the people of QLD it would be greatly appreciated.  I called the Sea Eagles today the auction will be going up over the next day or two and will run for a week.
I would like to be a part of that bid.  Count me in for $100.

Bones link said:

Count me in for $100 as well.

I would like to donate towards matts jumper but I can not afford $100. I know it's not a lot but could I put in $20?

Thanks guys. Will keep it in mind when I bid. However if big george rose is gonna be bidding 10k , our bid won't be the winning one.

Hi Bones - count me in for $100 and thanks so much for organising this, a really nice thing to do - K

MissKate link said:
Hi Bones - count me in for $100 and thanks so much for organising this, a really nice thing to do - K

Thanks Kate :)

Matt Ballin auctioning off State of Origin jersey
14/01/2011 4:01:37 PM

mattballinweb.jpg

Sea Eagles QLD representative Matt Ballin has this week decided to auction off his State of Origin jersey to raise money for those affected by the floods that have ravaged the state.

Ballin, who represented Queensland in Game One in 2010, will auction off his jersey through the Sea Eagles website.

"As a proud Queenslander, I've been watching all the floods and devastation caused in Brisbane and throughout Queensland and the thoughts and prayers of the whole Manly Sea Eagles are with all Queenslanders at the moment," Ballin said this week.

"We're doing our best down here to raise some money and support you in any way we can."

There is also set to be a charity cricket match held on the 28th January at Manly Oval, starring members of the Manly Sea Eagles squad.

Visit the auction site http://www.manlyseaeagles.com.au/Auction.asp?a=1372
to bid now!

Auction #: 1372
Matt Ballins Player Worn Framed & Signed QLD State of Origin Jersey
Minimum Bid: $1,020.00
Current Bidder: L.H. Terrigal NSW
Close Date Time: 14/2/2011 6:10:00 PM
Time To Go: 30 days 8 hrs 41 mins

Post  automatically merged: [time]1295045521[/time]

mattballinweb2.jpg

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts