Heavily discounted Cat 1 tix offer for tomorrow

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

vidmar

Bencher
Hi,
I've been sent info regarding last tix offering $70 cat 1 tickets for $20 for the game tomorrow

- You need to go to http://lasttix.com.au/sydney and register to buy

Hope this helps

I already have a ticket thanks Vid. I am interested in the cat though. How much is it?

bones said:
I already have a ticket thanks Vid. I am interested in the cat though. How much is it?

http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/rugby-league/players/greg-inglis/

According to this he is $800k per year, but I suspect you need to top that up with another contract or buy him a boat as well.

vidmar said:
Hi,
I've been sent info regarding last tix offering $70 cat 1 tickets for $20 for the game tomorrow

- You need to go to http://lasttix.com.au/sydney and register to buy

Hope this helps

Thanks Vidmar. I just bought 5 Cat 1 tickets @ $22 in Bay 34. The 'normal' price range is stated as $70.
What's going on here? Why such heavy discounts? Is there any point in rushing in early when you can buy tickets much cheaper closer to game time?

MissKate said:
that is well out of order for all of us who paid $70. are the nrl going to give us a refund on the door?

The Manly and Cronulla clubs have raised this with NRL Head of Football, Mr Todd Greenberg.

Mr Greenberg has considered the issue and determined that the only fair outcome is to give refunds to Sharks fans who paid full price and withdraw the offer of discounted tickets to Manly fans. Mr Greenberg said this would ensure that all Manly fans pay the same price as each other and all Sharks fans pay the same price as each other.

He thanked the Sharks for bringing the issue to his attention and announced that the Manly club will be fined $10,000 for questioning a decision made by the NRL.

Instead of discounting to get the laggards to come, why don't the 'innovators' at the NRL offer a free ticket to the Next Weeks Finals, to all those with the Cat 1 tickets :idea:

HappilyManly said:
Instead of discounting to get the laggards to come, why don't the 'innovators' at the NRL offer a free ticket to the Next Weeks Finals, to all those with the Cat 1 tickets :idea:

Because why would Sharks fans want tickets to a Manly v Souths match?

Sorry all - Nothing to do with me and I'll not hear a bad word against the NRL who always do a fantastic job in looking after supporters - However, a cowboy in Far North Queensland did say that it's mad of the NRL to offer members an advance purchase window and then sell $50 cheaper the day before the game...

MadMarcus said:
HappilyManly said:

Because why would Sharks fans want tickets to a Manly v Souths match?

They would not think of buying them - like we are ready to :cool:

This is a total Rort. i just wish i had a law degree as Im sure this is dodgy. What's the use of membership Monday if by Thursday there's a discount on the members discount. Outrageous. There ought to be an investigation.

I have unashamedly taken advantage of the offer - personal expenses would have otherwise stopped me from going. I can understand the frustration of those who paid premium (something I have done all other years), but better to have additional Manly voices that otherwise would not have been I believe.

Supply and demand - plenty of supply and not much demand so they dump cheap tix into the market and piss off their most loyal fans (ie members) - well done NRL another great decision.

Hopefully this might get another few thousand Sea Eagle fans thru gate - good luck to all that took advantage.

Greenberg your a ****

The Wheel said:
Supply and demand - plenty of supply and not much demand so they dump cheap tix into the market and piss off their most loyal fans (ie members) - well done NRL another great decision.

Hopefully this might get another few thousand Sea Eagle fans thru gate - good luck to all that took advantage.

Greenberg your a Can't Understand Normal Thinking

I took advantage, purely though luck as I had just intended to rock up and buy GA tickets.
Won't this same situation happen next Friday for ANZ? Is there any advantage in Members getting in early, knowing that the stadium will only be 30-40% full. Why wouldn't we wait until the discounted tickets are offered? Even if they don't discount the ticket there will be plenty of spare seats when purchasing GA at the ground.

Do the club have any comment on this decion by the NRL? Seems bordering on the illegal, charging loyal members $60 a pop only for a few days later to release the same(?) category tickets at a third of the price...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6