Hayne Train turnstile!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
No doubt a freakish talent but also a showpony, lazy & his defence in the front line shows poor attitude. Positionally has a poor read & his technique seems ordinary or disinterested. To be fair not many would love the big unit DaveTaylor charging at them but Hayne actually sidestepped him & got out the way. Obviously a great attacking weapon but from what iv'e seen many teams will aim their attack in his direction & get results. Hope T Rex & co hit that edge ALL day haha.;)

Hayne is a player without a position IMO. Not savvy enough for fullback, too selfish & not up to the defensive demands of 5/8th & not dedicated enough to playing his part to play on the wing.

Personally I think he is much better suited to union than league, though I'm more than happy to see Parra pay massive overs for him every year.

That non-effort from the myth was up their with lay-down Sally's...
I'd imagine his team mates would be filthy:mad:

If Parra had any brains in the front office they would cut this guy free and sign 3 good players for about $200K each.

If Hindmarsh had any brains he would walk away, and have a year or 2 at good club. Imagine how much he would enjoy playing at the Eagles, Bronco's or any of the successful teams. He owes Parra nothing and should shout himself an enjoyable season before its too late.

Wouldn't touch Hindmarsh. He can't pass and when running out wide stifles any attack. He's seen better days..

Id be happy with either Hayne or Hindmarsh in a Manly jersey. The problem they have at Parra is that they the only two decent players. When they are behind, the rest of the team sit back and expect Hayne to do it all. Plenty of times he has done it all himself. I reckon in a decent team, with a decent coach he would be awesome.

I wouldn't be happy with either. Hayne is a lazy, big-headed sloth. The rest of the team sit back when he's got the ball because they don't like playing with Hayne because he's a hog. Hindmarsh should be retired.

bones said:
Id be happy with either Hayne or Hindmarsh in a Manly jersey. The problem they have at Parra is that they the only two decent players. When they are behind, the rest of the team sit back and expect Hayne to do it all. Plenty of times he has done it all himself. I reckon in a decent team, with a decent coach he would be awesome.
Def rely too much on these guys but cant find a place for Hayne in the backline other than wing (got 4 allready) though 5-7 years ago would have loved Hindmarsh at Manly. Due to his overuse is only a shadow of what he was imo but would still be in the top 17.
Still think Hayne has been poor defensively in the front line & his enegy for his trumpcard of attack will be weakened from this.

That's a lot to put on Hayne.

He was recently moved to the halves because Robson and Morts are park players. He has a forward pack sans Moi Moi who are worse than most A Grade teams and the backline features such crap as Ben Smith.

Put Hayne into us or Melbourne and he would be superstar status.

He is playing with a bunch or cripples in a position he shouldn't be in.

The forward pack is fine and all earning good money, just not performing.

Fui Fui, Mannah and Hindmarsh are playing pretty damn good.

Add to that the big(gish) name signings of Shackleton, Maitua, Webb and Poore they have no excuse except a lack of heart.

Apart from a golden era when Parra has Sterling, Kenny, Groth, Cronin and the Zip Zip Man they have been disappointing throughout their history. They should always be strong, with a large pool of juniors, but there is something lacking in the culture. May it remain hidden forever.

The Who said:
Apart from a golden era when Parra has Sterling, Kenny, Groth, Cronin and the Zip Zip Man they have been disappointing throughout their history. They should always be strong, with a large pool of juniors, but there is something lacking in the culture. May it remain hidden forever.

It's Manly who are strong with Parramatta's large pool of juniors.

The Who said:

They have an inferiority complex due to the success of the other club that entered the league in 1947.

As for Hayne, he does have the talent. Imo the guy is crying out for a good coach who has sufficient standing in the game for Hayne to take notice when the coach tells him he needs to pull his finger out and stop behaving like a prima donna.

He could be the best player in the NRL under a coach like Wayne Bennett, or Des for that matter.

CliffyIsGod said:

He was recently moved to the halves because Robson and Morts are park players. He has a forward pack sans Moi Moi who are worse than most A Grade teams and the backline features such crap as Ben Smith.

No doubt a talent in attack but still lazy & poor in defence. Ben Smith is probably a better defensive player in the front line than Hayne & you call him crap??
Ok lets put Hayne into the Manly team -
Fullback - No thanks, i keep Snake
Wing - ??? i would but plenty on here would not - who out???
Centre - Lyon & Matai - no contest - leave this structure.
5/8 - Foran by a mile & 1/2
half - No thanks.

MK Eagle said:
No doubt a talent in attack but still lazy & poor in defence. Ben Smith is probably a better defensive player in the front line than Hayne & you call him crap??
half - No thanks.

That's why he still plays for the feeder club!

If Hayne was playing for Manly the views would probably be a fair bit different on the forum

Would I take him here ? Of course, would be foolish not too. Where he would fit in, not sure but he would somewhere. The bloke has talents that can't be taught, and he is still only 22 or something isn't he ? Still plenty of good footy ahead of him

MK Eagle said:
CliffyIsGod said:

half - No thanks.

He is playing, what, his 6th game at Five-eigth? He has nothing around him to work with. Nothing.

And yes, Melbourne and Manly have the two best fullbacks in the compy, but he would still look the goods if he replaced Stewart or Slater in their respective teams.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6