Hayne quits Parra to pursue NFL career

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Hayne quits Parra to join NFL

Dan said:
woah that is crazy! didnt see that coming. What are Gus and Rabs going to do?

#faceofthegame

The game, and channel 9, will be lucky to survive without Burgess, SBW and Hayne.
I guess they still have that goanna to fall back on.

TerryRandall said:
Not sure if he is entirely suited to NFL - don't think he is explosive enough over short distances for running back, not ideal build or speed for WR, and not big enough for say tight end. Seahawks must see something in him, but still a risk.

Special team - kick return ?? but I think he would be Ok at WR.

The NRL is in a state of crisis.

These big name exoduses to other codes will ultimately mean more dosh to marque players who remain.

So who is the new Eels fullback? Hmmm...

Looks like it's bye bye to choc and Brett. We've become their feeder club but if it means we can hang onto both Foz and DCE I wouldn't mind so much.

Looks like the start of a new era.

We've been so successful over the last decade but I can't remember an offseason without a heap dramas, not only in the playing ranks but the board. It leaves me with an empty feeling.

It would be nice to have an off season where we can bask in the glory of success without any dramas.

Chip and Chase said:
TerryRandall said:
Not sure if he is entirely suited to NFL - don't think he is explosive enough over short distances for running back, not ideal build or speed for WR, and not big enough for say tight end. Seahawks must see something in him, but still a risk.

Special team - kick return ?? but I think he would be Ok at WR.

I think a chip and chase would work as long as he catches it on the full. Short forward passes would work too. I reckon I could revolutionise NFL.

This is just a ploy from Parra. Next week Smith will step in and use his powers to exempt Hayne from the salary cap and pay him $millions.

So, he's signed with the Sea Birds. Don't blame him, being surrounded by all those scantily-clad maroon and white cheerleaders. Guess he will be at the bottom of the pyramid. Hope it doesn't damage his pom-poms.

Lord Eagleton said:
To be honest, im happy for him. Good on him. I like seeing big talents switch codes and conquer new places.

He is having a crack at a massive sport/industry/way of life in the USA. A lot of money, fame and hot bitches await...provided he goes well...which you would think with his natural talent, he will.

Go Jarryd, i'll be cheering you on in your new adventures!

hAHAH Hot bitches. Post of the year!

It would be a sensational lifestyle!

I have two relatives by marriage who both play college football in the US as punters (They are Victorians). One plays for Old Miss and in their latest match they broke the attendance record - 110,000-plus!
How amazing for 'schoolboy' football, and we get excited when we get a crowd near 20,000 to watch the best quality RL in the world.

The obvious headline: Hayne Plane flies to the States.

The Tele missed the misleading headline of the year -

Hayne defects to Sea Eagles
Jarryd Hayne has sensationally ditched Parramatta to join a club with an emblem resembling that of arch rivals the sea eagles - the Seattle Sea Hawks.

I personally don't think he will make it, great player but 26 and with a lot to learn

The Who said:
I have two relatives by marriage who both play college football in the US as punters (They are Victorians). One plays for Old Miss and in their latest match they broke the attendance record - 110,000-plus!
How amazing for 'schoolboy' football, and we get excited when we get a crowd near 20,000 to watch the best quality RL in the world.

The obvious headline: Hayne Plane flies to the States.

Given their population is over 10 times ours that crowd is like 11K to a schoolboys game which is still decent but putting some perspective on it.

Sheesh - will free up heaps of cash, so we shouldn't let Watmough go while still paying him much etc......PLUS wouldn't Parra also have Sandow coming off contract after next year too and have Sandows big $$$$ to throw at a replacement half or more specifically a 5/8 also ( along with Hayne's bucket loads of money ).

Not liking the smell of this at all.

Mitch said:
Stevie said:
Snake to Parra rumours in 10 , 9 , 8 ....

The first thing I thought when I heard the news.

You can bet the journos will be all over the 'Snake to jump ship with Choc' story shortly.

Thought the same things aswell.

The news will be all over parra going after snake, dce, foz and choc.

Eagles2nv said:
Mitch said:
Stevie said:
Snake to Parra rumours in 10 , 9 , 8 ....

The first thing I thought when I heard the news.

You can bet the journos will be all over the 'Snake to jump ship with Choc' story shortly.

Thought the same things aswell.

The news will be all over parra going after snake, dce, foz and choc.

DCE wont be going to Parra with all his "mates" we can safely assume that

manlyfan76 said:
Eels will be after everyone.

Good on him having a go. He is a top athlete and will excel at anything and has everything going for him. He said if it doesn't work out, he has a lifetime guarantee at Parra and he will go back to them. He will be making the $$$$$ over there with top sprint coaches as well. Not good for Parra next season though.
Could this leave the door open now for Stewart ????

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6