Hayne quits Parra to pursue NFL career

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bones

Bones Knows
He has just quit the Australian team and has been granted a release from Parramatta so that he can pursue a career in the NFL.

RE: Hayne quits Parra to join NFL

I thought he was already over there. I heard this story about 2 weeks ago. Unless he has had a second offer of a trial.

It frees up money for both Watmong and snake to go to Parra and then Foran in 2016

Dear Blue and Gold Army,

For the past 24 months I’ve been thinking about having a crack in the NFL, and over the last 12 months I’ve been seriously considering it.

Today I can officially announce that I will be heading to the United States to pursue an opportunity to play American Football.

I will be withdrawing from the Kangaroos Four Nations side immediately, and accepting a conditional release from the Eels to make the move overseas.

The reason I didn’t make this decision any earlier was because of the part I played in getting Brad to the club and the way we finished the season. I felt I owed the Club one more year and I gave it everything I could.

It’s always been a dream of mine to play in the NFL, and at my age, this is my one and only chance at having a crack at playing there.

I’m excited about the potential opportunities that lie ahead. I’ve known the deadline has been looming for me to make this call, and I believe the right time is now.

I’m so passionate about the challenge that lies ahead for me, not only as an athlete but more so as a person. It’s the hardest decision I have ever had to make in my life. I’m leaving my teammates, friends, and most importantly my family; but for me to grow as an athlete and a person I feel this is the right step to take.

It hasn’t been an easy decision for me to leave the Eels, the club’s been my home and family since I was 13, and I’ve always been proud to pull on the Blue and Gold jersey with my teammates.

The hardest thing about leaving the club is there’s stability for the first time in a long time, but I know where my heart lies and I’m following that.

I’m always telling people to chase their dreams and follow their hearts, if I don’t live by that I’m not being honest with myself.

I'm leaving knowing that I have signed a ‘lifetime agreement’ with the Eels, so if I return to the NRL, it will be to Parramatta.

I'm grateful to all of you for the support you've shown me at this club, thank you.

Jarryd Hayne

BREAKING: NRL superstar Jarryd Hayne is sensationally quitting the Parramatta Eels to join the NFL, according to The Daily Telegraph.

The Eels are set to make the major announcement at 11am today.

Hayne will also withdraw from Australia’s Four Nations squad.

FULL STORY: HAYNE QUITS EELS FOR NFL

Last month, Hayne travelled to the US for a meeting with Super Bowl champions the Seattle Seahawks.

http://mobile.news.com.au/sport/nrl/jarryd-hayne-quits-parramatta-eels-for-nfl/story-fndujljl-1227091016304

The Seahawks? What position would he play there? i'm not convinced it will happen.

They have a pretty good RB in Seattle already..

Be interested to see how he goes. He has the skillset AND the ego to make it, so good luck to him. He could make more in one season over there than he would in a career here.

Mitch said:
Stevie said:
Snake to Parra rumours in 10 , 9 , 8 ....

The first thing I thought when I heard the news.

You can bet the journos will be all over the 'Snake to jump ship with Choc' story shortly.

And gifty to back out of his souths contract to also sign with the eels.

Parramatta a club in crisis?
Eels best player to lead mass exodus, no faith in board?

Chip and Chase said:
Be interested to see how he goes. He has the skillset AND the ego to make it, so good luck to him. He could make more in one season over there than he would in a career here.

Unfortunately for Parra, his NFL salary will count under their cap. This is because he says he has a "lifetime" commitment to Parra. As a result Parra is now unable to pay any players for the next 15 years.

To be honest, im happy for him. Good on him. I like seeing big talents switch codes and conquer new places.

He is having a crack at a massive sport/industry/way of life in the USA. A lot of money, fame and hot bitches await...provided he goes well...which you would think with his natural talent, he will.

Go Jarryd, i'll be cheering you on in your new adventures!

Love it - will be interesting to see how he goes . Assume he would be a running back?

Does that now free up some choc space for them?

Playing 16 games a year in nfl he could come back and catch the NRL season as well.

lsz said:
Love it - will be interesting to see how he goes . Assume he would be a running back?

Does that now free up some choc space for them?

I'd put my money on Snake going with him.

That's some big news. Good luck to him.

Chip and Chase said:
I thought he was already over there. I heard this story about 2 weeks ago. Unless he has had a second offer of a trial.

He came back and was interviewed on Gibbsy's radio program and said that he only went there to see their set up and said that he had no intentions to switch codes. Seems like things have miraculously changed in a week!

woah that is crazy! didnt see that coming. What are Gus and Rabs going to do?

#faceofthegame

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4