Hayne and Cummins Grand Final Match Performance

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
For those dissatisfied with Haynes performance, heres a page on facey that might be of interest

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Shayne-Hayne-is-a-cheating-cnt/545968435452679

The most penalised team of the year doesn't have 1 penalty go against them for holding down I'd being off side in the GF. Either a different set if rules for the GF ( which the roosters exposed better than us), blatant bias or a bit of both?!?!

Either way it's not right

Our CEO should come out and say that the refereeing standard was not acceptable in the GF and throughout the year and ask the NRL what they are going to do about it.

I have had enough of being gracious losers. Far too gracious after 1995, 1997, 2007 and 2013 losses in my opinion.

Generally. I think I am gracious in defeat, but but refuse to be a gracious loser under those circumstances.

silvertail said:
Our CEO should come out and say that the refereeing standard was not acceptable in the GF and throughout the year and ask the NRL what they are going to do about it.

I have had enough of being gracious losers. Far too gracious after 1995, 1997, 2007 and 2013 losses in my opinion.

Generally. I think I am gracious in defeat, but but refuse to be a gracious loser under those circumstances.

There are 15 NRL clubs where doing that would make sense.

If Manly were to do it everyone will criticise the club and call it whinging.

As a Roosters fan, we clearly had nearly all the calls go our way last night.

Did the best team all year win the comp? Yes. Did the best team on the night win the grand final? Maybe. It would have been a lot harder for us if some of those calls went the other way.

As hollow as these words are, Roosters fans know how you feel.

The Dragons were easily the best team in 2010 but the grand final that year was one of the biggest stitch-ups of all-time and the media hardly even touched on it.

If that grand final was refereed fairly the Roosters lead 14-0 at half-time and the Dragons' whole game plan is out the window. They scored three tries directly off the back of diabolical calls (remember Brett Morris being tackled one metre into touch the play before Gasnier's try).

It happens. It sucks.

We have been reamed by the refs all season. We were due some luck and luckily for us we got it last night.

silvertail said:
30 mins
JWH clearly knocks on the ball with no interference from Manly. Even worse, he head butts Horo. How on earth did they get a penalty out of that?

I just watched this again several times or more and without a doubt, JWH clearly fumbles the ball all by himself when he gets up to play the ball. Hayne then blows his whistle for the lost ball and then misses the JWH initial headbutt on Horo but sees the retaliatory butt back by Horo and blows his whistle for a penalty for the Roosters against Horo. You can clearly hear them say Horos's name and that the penalty is for the headbutt and to check it. Once it was reviewed by upstairs, it was not reversed even though you can clearly see that JWH headbutted Horo first. They then chose to cover the refereeing stuff up by changing the reason for the penalty by saying that Horo had held on too long in the tackle even though the time from tackle completion (the time that JWH's momentum forward had stopped) was only one and a half to two seconds.

I don't want to whinge about the refs after a grand final loss, no point.
So I'll content myself with bumping this thread :D

And here is what you can get away with as well, 4 refs and not a blink.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APIZnYQQK2E[/video]

Little Grubber Kick said:
Here's a link to a photo of the Jennings NO TRY!!!! :huh:

http://www.gettyimages.com.au/detail/news-photo/michael-jennings-of-the-roosters-scores-a-try-during-the-news-photo/183253566

It was a try. He planted the ball and his hands rolled forward over the ball onto the dead ball line. It was already grounded before his hands touched the line.

I went to the game yesterday with my 6 year old and he is too young for me to explain that we got screwed.

Came home and painfully sat through the match again. Started this thread after 2am. Just had the one beer all night but too angry to go to bed.

I've had almost 24 hours to deal with the loss. Been through every emotion and finally I have come to terms with it.

The long weekend is over and back to work tomorrow. I am no longer bitter or angry. Life has always been and will always be, unfair. What I know to be true is the only thing that matters. No one else's opinion, particularly Manly haters, means anything to me.

My strategy tomorrow is to smile at others when the ribbing starts. My stock standard statement will be, "well if you think you understand the game of rugby league and if don't realise that the roosters were handed the game on a platter, then good luck to you. You can believe what you want to believe and so will I".

...all the while, with a big smile on my face.

silvertail said:
I went to the game yesterday with my 6 year old and he is too young for me to explain that we got screwed.

Came home and painfully sat through the match again. Started this thread after 2am. Just had the one beer all night but too angry to go to bed.

I've had almost 24 hours to deal with the loss. Been through every emotion and finally I have come to terms with it.

The long weekend is over and back to work tomorrow. I am no longer bitter or angry. Life has always been and will always be, unfair. What I know to be true is the only thing that matters. No one else's opinion, particularly Manly haters, means anything to me.

My strategy tomorrow is to smile at others when the ribbing starts. My stock standard statement will be, "well if you think you understand the game of rugby league and if don't realise that the roosters were handed the game on a platter, then good luck to you. You can believe what you want to believe and so will I".

...all the while, with a big smile on my face.

All you had to do to explain to your son is point to Hayne and tell him it's all his fault.

CussCuss said:
And here is what you can get away with as well, 4 refs and not a blink.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APIZnYQQK2E[/video]

I posted a description of that incident earlier on in the "JWH targets" thread:

http://www.silvertails.net/forum/Thread-JWH-targets?pid=538723#pid538723

DR82 said:
Did the best team all year win the comp? Yes. Did the best team on the night win the grand final? Maybe.

But mate, whether a team is best all year or not is completely irrelevant. The grand final should be won by the best team on the night. Its debatable as to who was the best team on the night but the fact remains that the ref's helped your team win the game by ignoring a dozen or so illegal incidents. The game has rules we abide by and the ref's cheated Manly out of the game by ignoring the rules during the grand final.

DR82 said:
We have been reamed by the refs all season. We were due some luck and luckily for us we got it last night.

You guys have been the most penalised team all year because you sail closest to the wind regarding the rules. Its not bad luck, its just that you guys infringe the most, which comes back to your coaches orders.

And there is difference between 'luck' and open bias. When there are so many incorrect decisions ignored against one team, in the most important game of the year, the question moves away from 'are the refs just incompetent?', to become 'are the refs adjudicating the game to help the roosters win?'

The answer was yes, they were deliberately penalising Manly out of the game.

mickqld said:
It was a ****ing disgrace but hardly surprising when the ****wit Hayne was named as ref. Someone needs to take that prick out of the game permanently.

where does he live ??

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4